2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
DO NOT buy this car without Navigation
By kevywevy on 08/07/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm not even through my first tank of gas and thought I would write a review. Heck, if something happens, I will write another one later. Whatever you do, do NOT buy this car without Navigation. It is simply spectacular. Kinda like TIVO in that once you have it you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. It talks to you, you can ask it questions, it tells you where to go, you are never lost, and it's all really quite fun. The interior is delicious and the exterior is head turning at the moment. Great car!

Definitely would recommend Civic Hybrid
By sherraypa on 08/03/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

Car rides smoothly and is very stylish, I drive about an hr to go to work and don't use much fuel. It's very economical and cost effective. 4dr sedan is roomy and comfortable. It's a must see for single guys and gals like me or small families!

Miles per gallon as advertised
By Rockyone on 07/26/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

While I have owned the car only a few weeks, it is delivering overall mileage of 50-52 miles per gallon. I did notice that the "MPG" display on the dash is consistently about 1-2 miles per gallon less than that I actually calculate based on mileage and gallons to fill. I am extremely pleasedl.

Driving the Honda Civic Hybrid
By h76 on 07/24/06 17:51 PM (PDT)

Mileage is excellent. I love the way it drives. The no shift (just like a high powered golf cart) transmission. Step on it and away you go. A little scary the first time you make an economy stop and everything goes quiet. This is definitely the best car we have ever owned. I would think a lot more emphasis should be placed on how this car drives.

Amazing
By kh on 07/10/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun, beautiful, sporty, saving tons of money on gas. Best car ever owned. Achieving 50mpg consistently. Much better looking than the Prius.

Drive Green Without Sacrificing
By Natalie on 07/10/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only concern I had before buying my Hybrid was the horsepower. But needless to say I have no complaints, I am able to get on the freeway & keep up with traffic with no problem. Since I've only had my Civic for a few weeks & have only filled up once my mileage was 38.6 mpg. I think once I break the car in that will go up. I constantly catch other drivers staring at the car, perhaps with jealousy!!

Great Investment
By Stephanie on 07/09/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

We have sincerely enjoyed our Civic hybrid. It has been fully reliable and great on gas mileage, averaging around 45 mpg. It's beautiful on the inside and outside, and has plenty of leg room as well.

Hybrid Drivers make it last!
By Easy on 06/30/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

I have thought of making bumper stickers for my Civic but I love it some much I don't want to mar its appearance. I guess I'll have too once I get my HOV sticker. I haven't gotten my registration yet so it will be awhile. Anyway - on with my review. My wife owns a Prius which I have driven so I can nake first hand comparison. Prius hybrid system is slightly better since it can move the car from a stop without the ICE, perfect for traffic jams or congested freeways.The Prius averages 45 MPG so far.The Civic beats the Prius in all other categories. The Prius interior looks cheap by comparison. If you are after the highest MPG car get the Prius, but if you want a fun to drive car get the Civic

Mid-life crisis car gone hybrid
By Paul F. Lintelman Jr on 06/28/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Solitude npr on the radio on the back roads for the morning commute. Its jazz, cruise control and meditation for the freeway. As for the orange barrels and the Emerald green berm it has to a chieftans cd to calm the sea of glistening red tail lights ahead. Then at the end of my day I start my commute home only this time wide awake it be comes a game watching all the gauges maximize speeds, timing lights, taming curves, using hills, and choosing alternatives. No crissis here just a middlelaged man driven to hybrid instead of hemi in the slow lane.

Exceeds Expectations
By Ron on 06/22/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had this car for a week and have less than 200 miles on the odometer. Currently the car is delivering 43 mpg, slightly better than I expected for a vehicle that is not broken in. The construction appears to be very solid and this is the quietest car that I have ever owned and I've owned a lot of cars from the top of the line to junkers. The car hanles very well although the suspension is a little stiff for a non-performance auto. I am 6'2" tall and have more than enough room to be comfortable. The auto engine shutdown takes a little getting used to but overall it's unobtrusive. So far, I am very pleased with this purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.