Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car
By Gary

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car.Its a big/little vehicle.The gas mileage is unbelievable if I drive it under 65 on the highway 37 - 38 mpg is no problem. My daughter liked it so much she traded her Toyota Celica in to get one.

The location of the speedometer

I think the interior material could be a little more plush.

Great Little Car
By Austin

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for almost 2 years now and I love it. My wife is the primary driver and she couldn't be happier with the styling, performance and gas mileage. The last 2 years we have driven it from Ohio to Savannah on vacation and have averaged 40 mpg on the highway. We avg about 34 with a combination of country and city driving. Plan on getting a second one soon!

The styling and gas mileage.

More powerful Battery. The one that comes with it is very weak and barely starts in the winter.

Problems as soon as warranty expired !
By Down w Honda

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After doing my research I looked at several models of cars. Honda seemed to be the best rated. I needed a car I could trust to put a great amount of Highway miles on, since I'm in sales. I explained this to the dealer when I purchased the car, they assured me this was the car for me. I started to experience brakes and rotor problems at 31,000 miles. I have had to replace the rotors and the pads. The car hit 60,200 miles and noises started to occur in the engine. I have since found out motor mounts need replaced and the warranty no longer good, Honda says itís not their problem. I end up paying the price for what I believe to be a Honda DEFECT,or is it just the way Honda builds their cars?

The car has room for mother and kids. easy to clean. Like the sporty dash.The car has been good in that perspective. I have a daughter and plenty of room for her and her stuff.

Extend engine warranty so unsuspecting drivers as myself who really drive a car can do just that. I am not a hot rodder who beat the car. Maybe Honda just sold me a LEMON!

Good but overated
By Fuad

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good looking but the interior quality is rather questionable. Lots of cheap interior plastic makes the interior fragile. The gas mileage is pretty good and the power is adequate. I have a K&N cold air intake system and it helps.I actually had many complements about its looks. Its comfortable on long trips and is fun to drive. If you live in an area with many many potholes, I don't recommend you get this car because it will not take them without a flat tire or other damages.The rear visibility is an issue that you have to deal with if you intend to buy the coupe. I wish I waited a bit longer for a Mazda 3.

Engine is efficient and powerful enough. Great looks. Fun to drive. Short throw shifter. Big trunk. Low maintenance (unless you hit a pothole). 4 wheel ABS disks, standard side airbags, sound system, sunroof. Very maneuverable. snappy transmission and acceleration.

Interior quality! rear visibility.Needs electronic stability. Make the suspension a little bit tougher. Increase headroom (especially in the rear seats).

Quite Happy
By Reeb

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car slightly used. I went from a 99 Civic Hatchback and proceeded through a difficult decision process and chose this coupe. Factors and thoughts: I am 33 and live in LA. I think the FIT is the perfect car, but test drove one and considered it strangely a step DOWN from my 99 Civic. Horrible crisis. Also considered: Mazda 3 hatch (family car), Mini Cooper (too hip, limited, expensive and faulty), Scions (too young for me), VW Rabbit (just boring), Prius (boring and expensive). I think that I made the best choice of the available cars. Comments: fun to drive, handling tight, build quality is great, the seats are VERY comfortable, acceleration is astoundingly smooth.

Remember I am coming from a DX hatchback. The seats are very comfortable. The windshield is so huge I am noticing the tops of buildings. Trunk seems spacious to me, compared to my old Civic. At times, I feel like I am driving an X-Wing Fighter. And I am not a Honda employee writing this.

Not much. I like the smoothness of the drive, from the driving and the acceleration is quite exceptional. The car strangely feels huge compared to my 99 hatch. I did see a FIT on the highway this morning and thought, oh did I make the right choice? So I opened the moon roof and felt better.