2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
It performs as as advertised
By Kirk on 11/06/06 18:50 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

40+ MPG on trips, 30+ MPG in city, as advertised, great performance, good styling, responsive handling, and reliable.

'06 Civics are the BEST!!!!!
By Ashley! on 11/04/06 18:56 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got my civic LX on St. Patty's day and I love it, even though it doesn't have as many 'features' as the EX or SI its still a GREAT car, if you don't have that extra 3-5K to spend on the SI or EX then the LX is just fine, The civic is great on gas, I drive like 50 miles a day and don't have to fill up for like almost two weeks, it's a great car.

An outstanding value
By Bob on 10/28/06 10:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a car with great fuel economy, outstanding handling, looks sporty, and is a lot of fun to drive, you cannot beat the Honda Civic Coupe EX ...especially with 5 Speed manual transmission.

Pleasure in a Small Package
By psychprofessor on 10/25/06 08:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded an Infiniti G35 coupe for this car, so I went from the sublime to the less-than-sublime. However, I quickly found that this little Honda is a lot of fun to drive, plus it gets great gas mileage without much effort on my part. In a mixture of town/highway driving recently, I got right at 31 mpg; in the Infiniti I would have been doing good to get 20 for the same driving. Of course, the Civic has exactly half the horsepower of the Infiniti. I actually find that the seats are more comfortable in the Civic, and, wonder of wonders, it doesn't have any rattles. That was one thing that bugged me about the Infiniti. Bottom line: Driving green can be fun, if you own a Honda Civic, that is.

Pros and Cons.
By themuse03 on 10/23/06 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

pro: It really is fun to drive with the added horsepower, reliability and best of all the gas mileage saves me a lot. Con: There are noises/squeaks/rattles here and there that sometimes dealers' having a hard time to duplicate. but i don't think that affects the performance of the car. I'm not sure if they already addressed these problems on 2007 model.

too many recalls
By dave on 10/23/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Perhaps its true what is said about buying the first year of a newly designed model- that is- it will have problems until they refine them. I've had three recalls as well as an electrical problem, a HVAC problem, a body panel alignment problem. I feel this is too many problems for a new care especially one of Honda's reputation.

Way to go Honda!
By twinkieric on 10/17/06 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is not what I was out to purchase at the time, but it caught my eye. I swore I would never own an import, I was a domestic man, but I am extremely happy with the styling and performance of the new Civic. Its great for everyday use gas mileage wise, and just plain fun to drive.

Great set of wheels
By Bill on 10/13/06 07:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car but owners manual is not clear on oil change miles. This is a well tuned machine.

Little bugs and small problems
By Jon M on 10/11/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car,i really like the two tier dash design of both digital and analog readouts. I had this car since November 2005. I replaced the SRS side airbag passenger side indicator,there are some slight rattles,i needed a new glovebox side airbag covers on the seats started to pop out/off. The Drive by wire throttle system really hinders drivability its like BMW's idrive system it makes the car jerk around. These problems are expected to be on a first model year car,it happens and i know now not to buy another first year model car only after its been released for 8 months to a year so the manufacturer can address the problems and fix them.

Awesome!
By Lo on 10/10/06 17:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It rides so smooth, and it picks up pretty fast. I drive it to commute to college and i deliver pizzas in it and i still only fill up my tank once a week between 35-40 bucks! And the sound sytem bumps!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.