Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Nice Little Car
By Psychprofessor

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for close to 2 years but don't drive it on the highway all that often. Also, the town I live in is really bad for gas mileage, with stop signs and traffic lights at seemingly ever corner--and lots of corners! On the highway, I've gotten high 30s, which seems pretty good to me. In town, I'm lucky to get 23 mpg. I like the seats a lot, and it's one of the few cars I've had that doesn't have any rattles. Also, I've had no problems to complain about when I take it to be serviced.

I would say the styling, exterior and interior, the seats, decent-sized trunk for the size of the car, and fold-down rear seats.

I would like leather seats and a hybrid version of the car I have, with a decent color selection.

Best car ever (not literally, but yea)
By Birthday Ball

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'd be making millions and I'd still be driving this thing. The design is great inside and out. Surprisingly room and big for a compact vehicle, though it still gets some wicked mpg. I love it. I drove a 93 Honda Accord before and it was as reliable though less cool. I used to take the thing off roading and never gave it oil changes- still never broke down. Hondas are reliable creatures. I give my 06 Civic regular oil changes, and have changed the brakes and transmission oil once. They just need regular maintenance (that can be done at home if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty), and they'll last you forever.

Design-inside and out, mpg without sacrificing too much power (other vehicles that get this kind of mpg feel a lot weaker), reliable- has not failed me once but that's probably just because it's a Honda.

It's a tad bit low. I have to do the asian ricer side maneuver every time I come up on a dip or a bump. I suppose it adds to it looking sporty. It's not a huge problem.

Great Car
By Gary

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car.Its a big/little vehicle.The gas mileage is unbelievable if I drive it under 65 on the highway 37 - 38 mpg is no problem. My daughter liked it so much she traded her Toyota Celica in to get one.

The location of the speedometer

I think the interior material could be a little more plush.

Great Little Car
By Austin

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for almost 2 years now and I love it. My wife is the primary driver and she couldn't be happier with the styling, performance and gas mileage. The last 2 years we have driven it from Ohio to Savannah on vacation and have averaged 40 mpg on the highway. We avg about 34 with a combination of country and city driving. Plan on getting a second one soon!

The styling and gas mileage.

More powerful Battery. The one that comes with it is very weak and barely starts in the winter.

Problems as soon as warranty expired !
By Down w Honda

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After doing my research I looked at several models of cars. Honda seemed to be the best rated. I needed a car I could trust to put a great amount of Highway miles on, since I'm in sales. I explained this to the dealer when I purchased the car, they assured me this was the car for me. I started to experience brakes and rotor problems at 31,000 miles. I have had to replace the rotors and the pads. The car hit 60,200 miles and noises started to occur in the engine. I have since found out motor mounts need replaced and the warranty no longer good, Honda says itÂ’s not their problem. I end up paying the price for what I believe to be a Honda DEFECT,or is it just the way Honda builds their cars?

The car has room for mother and kids. easy to clean. Like the sporty dash.The car has been good in that perspective. I have a daughter and plenty of room for her and her stuff.

Extend engine warranty so unsuspecting drivers as myself who really drive a car can do just that. I am not a hot rodder who beat the car. Maybe Honda just sold me a LEMON!