Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Little Car
By Austin

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for almost 2 years now and I love it. My wife is the primary driver and she couldn't be happier with the styling, performance and gas mileage. The last 2 years we have driven it from Ohio to Savannah on vacation and have averaged 40 mpg on the highway. We avg about 34 with a combination of country and city driving. Plan on getting a second one soon!

Favorite Features

The styling and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful Battery. The one that comes with it is very weak and barely starts in the winter.

Problems as soon as warranty expired !
By Down w Honda

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After doing my research I looked at several models of cars. Honda seemed to be the best rated. I needed a car I could trust to put a great amount of Highway miles on, since I'm in sales. I explained this to the dealer when I purchased the car, they assured me this was the car for me. I started to experience brakes and rotor problems at 31,000 miles. I have had to replace the rotors and the pads. The car hit 60,200 miles and noises started to occur in the engine. I have since found out motor mounts need replaced and the warranty no longer good, Honda says itís not their problem. I end up paying the price for what I believe to be a Honda DEFECT,or is it just the way Honda builds their cars?

Favorite Features

The car has room for mother and kids. easy to clean. Like the sporty dash.The car has been good in that perspective. I have a daughter and plenty of room for her and her stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Extend engine warranty so unsuspecting drivers as myself who really drive a car can do just that. I am not a hot rodder who beat the car. Maybe Honda just sold me a LEMON!

Good but overated
By Fuad

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good looking but the interior quality is rather questionable. Lots of cheap interior plastic makes the interior fragile. The gas mileage is pretty good and the power is adequate. I have a K&N cold air intake system and it helps.I actually had many complements about its looks. Its comfortable on long trips and is fun to drive. If you live in an area with many many potholes, I don't recommend you get this car because it will not take them without a flat tire or other damages.The rear visibility is an issue that you have to deal with if you intend to buy the coupe. I wish I waited a bit longer for a Mazda 3.

Favorite Features

Engine is efficient and powerful enough. Great looks. Fun to drive. Short throw shifter. Big trunk. Low maintenance (unless you hit a pothole). 4 wheel ABS disks, standard side airbags, sound system, sunroof. Very maneuverable. snappy transmission and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality! rear visibility.Needs electronic stability. Make the suspension a little bit tougher. Increase headroom (especially in the rear seats).

Quite Happy
By Reeb

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car slightly used. I went from a 99 Civic Hatchback and proceeded through a difficult decision process and chose this coupe. Factors and thoughts: I am 33 and live in LA. I think the FIT is the perfect car, but test drove one and considered it strangely a step DOWN from my 99 Civic. Horrible crisis. Also considered: Mazda 3 hatch (family car), Mini Cooper (too hip, limited, expensive and faulty), Scions (too young for me), VW Rabbit (just boring), Prius (boring and expensive). I think that I made the best choice of the available cars. Comments: fun to drive, handling tight, build quality is great, the seats are VERY comfortable, acceleration is astoundingly smooth.

Favorite Features

Remember I am coming from a DX hatchback. The seats are very comfortable. The windshield is so huge I am noticing the tops of buildings. Trunk seems spacious to me, compared to my old Civic. At times, I feel like I am driving an X-Wing Fighter. And I am not a Honda employee writing this.

Suggested Improvements

Not much. I like the smoothness of the drive, from the driving and the acceleration is quite exceptional. The car strangely feels huge compared to my 99 hatch. I did see a FIT on the highway this morning and thought, oh did I make the right choice? So I opened the moon roof and felt better.

great looking economical car
By mike fleming

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. comfortable, reliable, 40 mpg, good looking, quiet, good in snow.

Favorite Features

styling, gas mileage, good power, quiet, comfortable, plenty of room to haul stuff with the back seat folded down

Suggested Improvements

windshield wipers are a little noisy, they clunk. Pretty trivial complaint