2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love my Si
By Will on 08/03/06 17:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The new civic Si is a fun great car. From its aerodynamics, to its power, Honda has really taken the civic to a whole new level. I recommend this car to everyone.

AWESOME CAR
By drums98 on 07/30/06 06:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had a deposit on it in Oct, finally came in late Jan 06. It looks great, inside and out, feels great, sounds great. I love driving it. Have made several long trips with out a problem. Drove to Key West and back from Pensacola, also up to Virginia and South Carolina where I live now. Great on the highway, great around town. Very fun on windy mountain roads ;) It is very quick, if need be, handles like a champ. I absolutly love this car!

It's a blast
By JBONE on 07/28/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So I was not really looking to get a Civic until I drove the new Si. I have had classic Chevys over the years and they have all been over 300 hp. I know the the SI is not 300 but it still has guts for a 4 banger. The handling of this car is great right off the lot. I have yet to change anything to do with the suspension and I don't belive that I will. I did put 18" wheels on it with better tires. It made a pretty big difference.

Style and Performance
By jose felix rodriguez on 07/26/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The new body style and more powerful engine make this Civic the most fun car I have owned in years. Steering and suspension are nice and tight, the car has the feel of a much more expensive European coupe. Honda has defenitly raised the bar with the 2006 SI.

Some finer points
By krasniak on 07/25/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Another great pocket rocket! Great balance of driving fun and practicality. Now a few finer points: The Si isn't a very good freeway driver as the suspension is much stiffer than the regular model and you feel the chinks in the concrete - this wears on the driver after ~30min. Short trips are great esp when turns are involved. Light weight makes handling great. The car isn't as "small" as you may think with room for 4 and a big trunk, but you really notice its height when washing it. Steering is tight/precise but one problem with the leather wrapped wheel is the back spoke covers don't fit right on Si models causing a sharp edge to catch fingers w/ enthusiastic driving or just parking it!

Most well-rounded car ever
By Sean on 07/25/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Like the title says, this car is the most well-rounded car of all time. Power, exterior/interior design, and handling are all perfect in my opinion. It took a little bit for me to get used to the new "drive by wire" technology, but now that I've adapted I couldn't be happier. Before this I had a 94 Accord w/ lsd and a lot of suspension upgrades. This thing handles just as well out of the box!

On par with my s2000
By Wil on 07/18/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Wonderful daily driver to replace my S2000 that is now the garage queen. 10X better than an EX that I test drove.

All around, excellent car
By Steve on 07/18/06 06:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new in December, and have over 22 000 kms on it now and have no real big issues with it. This is a super easy 6 speed to drive and turns and stops on a dime. It's also a very safe car with front and side airbags, 6 all together I think. It's pretty awesome, a blast to drive and sure gets a lot of looks. I have the Habanero red pearl Si.

Si Fun in the So Cal Sun
By mykeey on 06/28/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Being an owner of a BMW, the feel and performance is similar for a car that is not in the same league. In two weeks, I have driven 2000 miles just because. Once you sit in & start the engine, the feeling is just unexplainable. The deep sound of the engine, the snugness of the seats, and the interior with a look like a cockpit just adds to the experience. I test drove TC, GTI, & Jetta but did not like. Originally I was looking at getting the EX and saw an SI in the lot, the salesman warned me that once I drive the SI, forget about the EX. The way the car takes on curves, accelerates and shifts are really outstanding. Glad to see that Honda did bring more back to the Civic line.

the honda civic si rocks!
By demichef81 on 06/25/06 15:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the new 2006 Honda Civic Si and it is one of the best decisions that I've ever made. It is way more car than the price suggests, and it is so fun to drive. 200 horsepower out of a 2 liter four cylinder car is just a showcase of Honda technology. This car is fast and the handling is unbelievable. The styling is brilliant and the fit and finish are top grade. I would highly recommend purchasing this car if you can find one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.