Used 2006 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Si isn't as good as I expected.
By amchev

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I bought the car I loved it. It was much better than the 1991 Si it replaced. Sadly my Si was plagued by many rattles and the dealer never could seem to duplicate them. Rattles seem to be a common problem with the '06 Civics. The car handles great, and makes good power from 6 - 8k. You have to work the 6 speed transmission when you're in traffic to keep the car in it's power band. The 7 speaker stereo is the best I've seen in a stock car. The Si is a good compromise between performance and economy.

7 speaker stereo, 6 speed transmission, excellent air conditioner, auto up/down driver window.

Fix all the loose panels and random rattles.

Amazing car!
By Terry W.

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving my new Si for about 2 weeks now and I have to say its quite a ride. Fun for any car connoisseur! If you haven't test driven it yet, go do it. If you are going to have fun with this car be ready to shell out some money because refueling this bad boy will cost you. If this is your daily driver I suggest you keep the rpms below 5000.

The 6 speed close-ratio tranny, the overall design is quite a step up from the previous 05' Si model, the digital display is nice along with the 350 watt stereo that comes stock.

The only improvement I could see is I wish it took regular unleaded fuel.

2006 Honda Civic Si
By what's a car

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a very good car for the money, this is the car that you alway want to drive. I have put almost 20k miles within a year. Just traded it for a miata and I'vemissed it ever since. The sound, and the way it goes through curves is just wonderful. I would recomend it to everyone who wants a fun to drive car while still practical and economical. This car feels more powerful than the miata and has a lot of good features. I miss my Si, I will buy this car back some day just to hear the exhaust note and the sound of the vtec switch over.

6 speed, nice exhaust note, lsd and vtec.

Not much, make it 400 lbs lighter.

Love My Si
By MadDogJohn

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car to drive. Only two problems: (1) It's so easy to spin the wheels, I already got a reckless driving ticket. (2) Don't hit potholes. I've hit two this winter and because of the low profile tire, both tires split on the sidewall (cosmetic) and both wheels were dented.

Looks, engine.

V-6 engine, yes!

Buy it... or die tryin'
By Vekis

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Most bang for the buck on the road. A really fun ride. The first car I ever just wanted to take for a ride for no good reason. Great acceleration and handling. Quick, responsive and a real eye-catcher. The habenero red pearl looks terrific.

Gear box. Pedals. Console. The surprising room.

The soft textured interior gets scratched easily.