2006 Honda Civic DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sort Reviews by

great car!
By matt22

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! It's great on gas, has enough get up and go for most driving situations, and is vary safe as well. Great for road trips too.

Favorite Features

great turning circle, good brakes, good legroom, good on gas, and a great commuter car.

Suggested Improvements

a little more headroom, and a better ride when full.

Almost 3 years, still beats the Corolla!
By Kevin

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My parents bought the '06 Civic for my sister in '05. From my driving experience, the car handles way better than my '07 Camry. What catches my attention the most is the low fuel consumption. My sister now lives in San Diego and she gets some pretty darn good MPGs when driving back to LA (averaging 35 MPG highway). The Civic may not be the speedy type (hence if you do want speed, check out the sporty Si), but getting from point A to a far away point B, it gets the job done saving you lots of money while you laugh at all the other gas guzzling SUVs.

Favorite Features

I don't know why people complain about the digital speedometer...it's pretty nice in my opinion, MP3/WMA playback, fuel economy, oil life meter, exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support would be nice, lacks an overhead console, awkward gas pedal, stereo doesn't pack a punch, needs a gas lid holder, no remote-open trunk lid (c'mon! It's an LX model afterall!)

Great buy
By Mitchell

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle when a job change required 700 miles of commuting each week. The Civic has averaged 40mpg (driving 65-70) and 38mpg (driving 70-75+). Reliability has been flawless.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage and reliability! Plus the dash is cool.

Suggested Improvements

Need to offer a more cost effective windshield wipers.

Honda Civic Not the Car I'd Hoped!
By Angela

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the Civic after family members had great experiences with older Civics & Accords. Thought I'd get a great car and save $$ on gas & ownership costs. After commuting with it daily for about a week, the odd angle of the gas pedal drove me nuts! Repositioning the seat has never helped.On long drives the seats get uncomfortable quickly.Also, living in MI, I've had to resort to driving my husband's truck if there's any sort of snow or even heavy rain! All 4 tires replaced at 25K (!)but made no difference! I'd never had an accident, but while driving in snow around a curve at 15mph I slid right off the road! Visibility is very poor due to side window columns!Hate to lose $ but trading it in!

Favorite Features

Sharp exterior look; Love the instrument panel design and look; Great "galaxy gray" color!; Good gas mileage of approx. 32mpg (mixed), but not as high as promised!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of those cheap tires! Traction control or something to make driving safe in snow or heavy rain; Change the placement of columns on side windows as block driver's view!Lessen the angle of the gas pedal so driver's ankle doesn't have to be flexed all the time!Better seats! Cup holders get hot!

Bad in Wisconsin Snow!!
By Sarah

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic because I had always heard they were great cars. This car drives great unless there is snow. It is not good in the snow at all. It constantly fishtails and I do not feel safe at all. I think this would be a great car if I lived in FL but would not recommend for the northern states that get a lot of snow!!

Civics Rule
By cool124dude

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love the digital tier and it gives back when you give it gas. I can go 0- 100 km/h in about 4.0 which is really good for an 1.8L 140HP civic

Favorite Features

Digital tier

Suggested Improvements

Nothing just keep on making Civic as cool as this one.

You get what you pay for.
By Jacques

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This has been a great buy. Car works beautifully. I do not suggest getting the navigation. The factory unit cost too much considering you can buy a top of the line off the self for 1/3 the cost and you can take it with you fromcar to car.

Favorite Features

Dash board.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power. Let the engine breath with cold air induction.

Great Car!
By Jeff

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car now about 16 months. Drive it mainly to/from work about 50 miles a day. Get 36 mpg regularly. Ride quality and handling great on freeway. I'm surprised it rides as good as it does on bumpy back roads considering its size and weight. Feels like a bigger car due to longer wheel base than predecessors. Sound system good, but not fantastic. Definitely like WMA/MP3 CD play capability. Power (140 hp) definitely adequate for this car. Definitely a great car for those of us with the environment in mind. Less expensive than a Prius with low emissions and great mileage. Cloth interior quality very good with excellent interior fit and finish. Trunk space more than adequate for couple.

Favorite Features

1. Fits like a glove. 2. Extremely reliable. 3. Outstanding style and engineering. 4. Outstanding mileage.

Suggested Improvements

1. Factory metallic paint doesn't match perfectly between passenger rear door and passenger front door. Not like Honda quality I've had in the past. 2. Suspension rattle in right front strut.

After 18 months, I still love it.
By karenellenrose

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Civic is a great car, fun to drive and comfortable. I use it for a long highway commute and am still very pleased. It feels solid and stable, has all the safety features. The dash is laid out beautifully and I love the speedometer over the steering wheel. The car is a little low in front (for cement barriers) and rear visibility for backing up could be better. Mileage is about what's expected (mid- 30's for highway). A nice little car. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

The dashboard layout, comfortable seats, side curtain airbags, decent pickup.

Suggested Improvements

The car is a little low. Rear window is angled and has reduced visibility on backing up.

Honda EX Auto/Navigation, one sweet ride
By Melch

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven this car for 15 months (35,000) and I have never gotten less that 38.5 MPG highway and as high 41.5. This car is exceptional and for the price, the value can't beat. It drives like my BMW Z3 as far as handling goes, but does not have the HP to make it as zippy

Favorite Features

Instrument cluster, navigation system interior layout and personal conveniences for pocket change, cell phone and drink holders

Suggested Improvements

Leather, xenon headlights, Michelin tires, a little more HP