Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Saved My Life!
By Jennifer

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Honda Civic and drove it for 2 1/2 years. LOVED it! Smooth, has great power, comfortable, perfect size. In August of 2008 I was rear ended in the fast lane of a 4-lane freeway. I was struck so hard my car flew sideways into the next lane where my drivers side door slammed into the back end of another car at a 90 degree angle. I then flew across 2 more lanes of traffic, up the embankment and into the scrub trees. I walked away with a bruised arm and a cracked rib. No whiplash, no serious broken bones. My car was totaled, but I found had retained 100% of it's value! His insurance gave me exactly what I'd paid for it 2 1/2 years earlier! I went out and bought a 2008 Honda Civic!

Favorite Features

Smooth! Has great pickup and gets great gas mileage. The car is small, but very roomy inside! The trunk is HUGE! Comfortable, easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

At first people are taken aback by the interior 'space age' look, but once you've driven it for a couple of years you get used to it and even like it!

I miss my '96 Accord
By grace2007

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Civic because it was close in size to my '96 Accord and the price was right. I didn't realize that squirrels find my wiring harness so tasty and I've had to spend over $500 repairing. I asked if there is anything that can be done to protect the wiring harness. Nope. Evidently they like the foam that surrounds it. At 34k I need a real ABS sensor and was told it was covered under warranty. Went to pickup the car and had to pay for it in order to get my car back. I have loved Honda's but they need to get a 10yr 100000k warranty. Next time I will look at a Hyundai. One more thing...the dash and glove box rattles terrible. No fix for that either.

Suggested Improvements

Better warranty or better quality.

Civic
By me

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very pleased with my Civic. Alot of people hate the interior but I enjoy the futuristic looks. The seats are very sturdy and comfortable, although the plastic and paint is like many said cheap and scratches easily. Sunroof, Ipod hookup, multiple airbags, digital speedometer have all been nice features. This car does get excellent gas mileage BUT at a price for power... very very poor passing power on 2 lane roads. With all that said it has been a very reliable car, just the normal wear and tear upkeep.

Good Transportation
By D Hare

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

RATING 3/4 of 5 - DX-G, MAN. TRANS., CANADA BUILT, 27K MILES. Overall a good/very good car for city/highway driving. PLUS: Styling, Fuel Efficiency, Maintenance/Reliability, Road Feel/Turning, Drives Straight, No Vibration, Starts at - 45! Great for shorter drivers, Fun 2 Drive. MINUS: Fit & Finish - paint, plastics used (scratches easily), Some parts slightly misaligned, Front end is low to ground; some people may have difficulty entering/exiting car; if not aware, may easily hit concrete barriers while parking, trunk space good for small jobs, Suspension has started to squeak over small bumps, Factory tires will need to be replaced due to softer factory tires.

Favorite Features

Styling, fuel efficient, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

(1) Better fit and finish (2)Higher Road Clearance (3) Better factory tires (4) Bigger trunk (5) Fix the squeak defect in the suspension (6) Better design so 6 ft drivers can have eyes lining up with mid-point of windshield, as it is now taller drivers' eyes line up with top portion of windshield!

low cost of ownership
By AM

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've got 65K miles on it & I've had to spend only about $1000 in 3 1/2 years (set of new tires, replace front brakes & coolant service) besides regular oil changes at 5-6K intervals.

Favorite Features

Aux input for mp3 players. Actually the only reason we chose this car was because of this feature.

Suggested Improvements

There are too many blind spots compared to other cars, in my opinion, thus only 8 rating on the interior.