2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Fantastic - exceeds expectations
By sketcher on 09/10/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Been a Honda owner in the past (kept both for over 7 years), so expected quality. But did not expect how much I love the car - inside and out. The dash is not only fun, but user friendly, simple and elegant. A whole lot of fun to see real-time mpg. The only adjustment I've had to make is not being able to see the front of the car (for parking) and the headrest - but I've gotten used to both. The regenerative brakes and electric assist on the steering I've come to really, really like. Handling is great. The engine shut-down at lights worried me that when it started up again, there would be some sort of jolt or noise - it's nearly seamless. The best part is I drive more safely.

First month of ownership
By Glen/Patty Anderson on 09/06/06 03:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great, fun car to drive. Advertised mileage is greater than the actual. Overall,out Hybrid is getting about 43 mpg average. Navigation system is good except it found a restaurant in the middle of an empty field. Excellent owner manuals which are really needed with all the wiz-bang electronics. The Civic is loaded with almost everything that one would expect to find on a luxury car.

OK Fine
By Stay on 08/27/06 18:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like my Civic Hybrid fine. I miss some of the features on my old vehicle (Sienna Minivan) such as a mute button on the steering wheel and the really comfy seats. I would say it is fun to drive and a great conversation piece. I still go to the gas station ever week I just don't spend near as much.

Wanda's Honda Civic Hybrid Review
By Wanda Nagle on 08/22/06 07:27 AM (PDT)

I had been checking out the new hybrids before my previous car need to be replaced. I felt that we should make a conscious effort to conserve fuel. My husband was totally against buying one because he did not feel the bugs were worked out of them. After a test drive (at my insistance) my husband and I were sold on the hybrid. The power and gas mileage were unbelieveable. We liked the size and design. The only thing missing was a sunroof for my husband. I don't need it. We have not had any problems and since we have purchased the Honda Civic, gas prices have skyrocketed and I am not afraid to take a trip or pull up to the gas pumps.

Love my civic hybrid
By mg on 08/20/06 20:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have over 1,500 miles and I am now getting 50 to 53 MPG. I am also not using the air conditioner. The first several tanks of gas averaged 42 MPG while breaking in. During the recent heat wave my mileage dropped to 37 MPG because the "auto stop" would not function most of the time. I also used the air conditioner constantly. I stopped in at my Honda service desk and was told as soon as the heat improved my car would resume "auto stop". This was true. I still love my hybrid anyway.

Hybrid That Delivers
By XerEagle on 08/18/06 08:58 AM (PDT)

I have owned the HCH for a month now and during that time I have driven over 2400 miles. It included a long weekend trip. The ride is comfortable and maintaining highway speed isn’t a problem. Gas mileage: 43.5mpg first tank of gas and after learning to drive the Hybrid my last tank netted me 52.7mpg. Note: I stayed in the 65 to 67mph range on the highways to net 52mpg. Normally, I can net 45mpg driving at higher highway speeds. The interior is comfortable, well designed, fit and finish is very good. Trunk space is good, although the rear seats don’t fold down. The navigation system is cool and you can adjust, search w/the voice recognition system.

Love my Civic Hybrid
By mg on 08/12/06 16:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am breaking in and drive all city miles. I am averaging 42 MPG. I do not have to take my eyes off the road to see the large split digital speedometer. The leg/head room is great. The telescoping steering wheel gives even more room. Roomy for its size. Climate control is a plus. Backing up and parking is challenging because the aerodynamic design makes it impossible to see the front and back of the car. I would like to see backup and front cameras. The high windshield wipers are also obscuring the front bumper view. The drive/ride is great and the car is fun to drive. It hugs the road. Safety is a great plus as well. Many handy compartments. Trunk is nice height for unloading groceries.

Ok-but expensive
By SPERK50286 on 08/10/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

Ok but only getting 40 mpg/ not worth the extra money hope for a big tax credit

Hi Tech /Gas Saver
By Donald on 08/09/06 14:21 PM (PDT)

I am a much better driver because of the MPG gauge. By constantly trying to improve my gas mileage, I drive slower and much more economically. I have avoided several accidents because I was driving more cautiously. The navigation system is excellent! I have made several trips to new destinations, the directions given to me audibly and on the screen were perfect! The stereo sounds very good for a stock unit and the seats are very comfortable. People are always gazing at the car and asking me questions. The big question is "how is the gas mileage" and I am pleased to say that I am averaging over 47 MPG in mainly stop and go traffic.

Fun and great mpg
By Phil on 08/09/06 03:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2004 Prius and now own the 2006 civic hybrid. Great car and every bit as nice as the Prius. I currently have 1,800 on the vehicle and am averaging 51 mpg on mixed highway and city driving. I don't know how people can be getting way lower than that. I do not drive like a grandma, just sensibly. Don't expect to get 50 mpg driving 85 mph on the expressway or flooring it off the light. Great car, compares very well with the Prius. If you are seriously considering hybrids, this car is a good choice. I have two kids and we can all get in with no problem. You can definitely be a hybrid only family and take trips with no problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.