Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Misleading fuel economy
By Chuck

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased this car (our first Honda) this year because of rising gas prices and Honda's claim of 50mpg. It now turns out that the realistic mpg is closer to 35 (city & highway). The service department at the dealership says this is about what we should expect.

Awesome and Fun
By tom

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this vehicle for my daughter. Both she and I love the car, it is fun and cheap to drive. It has the best features for a HY! Compared to her Mercedes Benz SUV, the HY is cheaper and more fun to drive.

The interior dash design and blue illumination display is easy on the eyes and the heads up speedo is quick and easy to see for a young driver. The gas mileage is around 39 city and 44 Hwy, gets better as the car is broke in.

Add Bluetooth technology to the car and it will be the total package for a teenage and young adult driver!

6 month review
By Donald

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Now that I have been driving it for 6 months and the weather is getting colder I thought I'd share that the gas mileage has gone down from 47 mpg to 42 mpg. Also some of the cheap plastic parts (hand emergency brake) paint is chipping. Keep in my though that I drive every day in stop and go traffic and I heard that gas mileage does drop on these hybrids when it gets cold. I still love my climate control, sound system and navigational system.

Navigation, climate control, sound system.

Let you know after I drive in the snow

Happy Civic Hybrid owner
By pipelayer

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A defect free car right off the showroom floor. You WILL get the EPA rated mileage in warm weather if the car is driven properly. Cold weather decreases mileage significantly. Our Civic hybrid is fun to drive, and I liked getting 512 miles on 9.39 gallons of 87 octane (our first tank of gas.....on a new, tight engine).

The dash layout.......it's very easy to read. The fit and finish of the car is unsurpassed.

The Civic hybrid needs front seat lumbar support. The rear seatback should fold down. It needs rear cupholders and lighted vanity mirrors.

After 7,000 miles
By Glen

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I would recommend reviewing the Civic Hybrid after 6 months or so. I reviewed shortly after purchase and have a few additional comments now that I have had some time with the car. Still a great car and glad I made the purchase. Fairly comfortable on long trips but as in any car, the sitting gets a little rough. Cruise is fairly steady but deviates about one mile/hr over/under the set speed as the engine has to catch up and back off. The audio w/ navi is not really XM ready. It still needs a tuner and a couple other parts. With installation, the dealer wanted $700. Otherwise, this car is one of the best buys. Get the Navi for sure. It is excellent, especially with voice recognition.

Navi with phone book, excellent economy (avg 44 on long trips, even better in the city). Continuous monitoring of fuel efficiency. Transmission is like an airplane engine taking off when accelerating hard. No shifting, just steady power!

Voice recognition sometimes hears something totally different than the command given. Center armrest needs to be a little higher to be used as something other than a console cover, unless the driver has unusually long arms!