Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Little Car For Sure!
By Bernice Arnold

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Leased in 2006 and best decision I ever made. Had an oil leak in the first week of leasing but Honda was fantastic in replacing with all new parts and haven't had ANY problems since. Mileage is great and this car handles like a charm. Highly recommend a civic to anyone who wants fuel efficiency, a reliable vehicle and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Favorite Features

Love how it handles on the highway and at the fuel pumps. Comfortable for long drives with good leg room. A solid little car with a no nonsense attitude.

Suggested Improvements

Bit of a blind spot where the pillar separates driver's window and back passenger window. Makes it a bit difficult to see when wanting to change lanes. Have heard from other civic coupe owners who have the same problem. Other then that, I wouldn't hesitate to lease a civic coupe again.

Love My Hondas
By Jen

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Our van blew up this month. DH inherited my 2000 Accord, and I got the 2006 Civic. I am thrilled because I have loved the design ever since its debut in 2006. So far it has been a blast to drive and great on gas. I actually like the dash layout. However, my car is black and the interior is beige (ew). Who puts beige interior in cars these days? There are a few scuffs from the previous owner in the plastic moldings that will not come out. Grey would have been MUCH more welcome. Also, it's an ordeal to change the headlights if you ever need to (involving a screwdriver and the fender). I wish it didn't come with cheesy hubcaps on an LX. But otherwise it's a pretty, sporty coupe!

Favorite Features

The dash layout, super sporty styling for the coupe, easy-to-navigate controls, decent stereo for factory, plenty of storage pockets, awesome cup holders

Suggested Improvements

No beige interior! It gets way too dirty to easily. Also, for an LX I think the hubcaps look cheap. I would have expected alloys and maybe a "fancier" or bigger alloy for the EX to differentiate models.

Nice Little Car
By Psychprofessor

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for close to 2 years but don't drive it on the highway all that often. Also, the town I live in is really bad for gas mileage, with stop signs and traffic lights at seemingly ever corner--and lots of corners! On the highway, I've gotten high 30s, which seems pretty good to me. In town, I'm lucky to get 23 mpg. I like the seats a lot, and it's one of the few cars I've had that doesn't have any rattles. Also, I've had no problems to complain about when I take it to be serviced.

Favorite Features

I would say the styling, exterior and interior, the seats, decent-sized trunk for the size of the car, and fold-down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

I would like leather seats and a hybrid version of the car I have, with a decent color selection.

Best car ever (not literally, but yea)
By Birthday Ball

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'd be making millions and I'd still be driving this thing. The design is great inside and out. Surprisingly room and big for a compact vehicle, though it still gets some wicked mpg. I love it. I drove a 93 Honda Accord before and it was as reliable though less cool. I used to take the thing off roading and never gave it oil changes- still never broke down. Hondas are reliable creatures. I give my 06 Civic regular oil changes, and have changed the brakes and transmission oil once. They just need regular maintenance (that can be done at home if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty), and they'll last you forever.

Favorite Features

Design-inside and out, mpg without sacrificing too much power (other vehicles that get this kind of mpg feel a lot weaker), reliable- has not failed me once but that's probably just because it's a Honda.

Suggested Improvements

It's a tad bit low. I have to do the asian ricer side maneuver every time I come up on a dip or a bump. I suppose it adds to it looking sporty. It's not a huge problem.

Great Car
By Gary

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car.Its a big/little vehicle.The gas mileage is unbelievable if I drive it under 65 on the highway 37 - 38 mpg is no problem. My daughter liked it so much she traded her Toyota Celica in to get one.

Favorite Features

The location of the speedometer

Suggested Improvements

I think the interior material could be a little more plush.