2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Test Drive A Civic - You'll Own It
By Michelle In GA on 12/29/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda LX(A) Coupe a couple of months ago and I only wish I had gotten a Civic sooner. I've been an Accord owner, but I initially choose the Civic because it was a gas saver (30/40) and cheaper. I thought I was settling for less, but after a nice test drive, I knew I receiving far better (gas/$) and much more fun to drive - such a nice, sporty car. I love the way it handles, starts effortlessly and quietly, picks up speed in a nanosecond, brakes smoothly & quietly, handles curves/turns on a dime, and I drive forever before it requires gas. Test Drive One, it's such fun and I bet You too will become a Civic owner!

Riding on egg shells
By Mark on 12/29/06 07:55 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I got the car I was so excited being my first car. When I got it home I started to notice how fragile the interior was. There were already scratches on some parts of the dash like some one took a pen and scrape it. The plastic on the door felt so cheap to the point where it was scratched by a card board box that left permanent marks one the door. There were scuff marks from my shoes on the driver side floor panel that could not be taken out. The floor mats were also poor quality the mats are foam backed! There was a wear mark on where my foot would rest for the clutch. My passenger seat would rattle when driving. Paint on the car cheap. this is all after 6 months what happened honda?

Fun to drive
By BMWLoyalist on 12/24/06 01:05 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Considering this is the first car I've ever owned, I'd have to say that this was an exceptional choice. For what we compared it to, this had the best bang- for-your-buck value with all of the stuff you could possibly want in a car. The power is a little disappointing, but the light and responsive steering more than makes up for it in my opinion. It looks sharp and appealing, as it should, considering it's aimed towards my generation. I'm not exactly a fan of the Japanese-made cars (mainly a Euro fan), so it amazed some people that know me well who thought I might've gone with a used Bimmer (328i) or Benz (C230). Well, that goes to show you just how good this car is.

rv's honda
By rosario valdez on 12/11/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very comfortable in the front. Although a person taller than 5 feet does not feel comfortable sitting in the back especially on the sides. I don't drive quick around corners but the turns feel smooth and tight and without hesitation. Sometimes I find myself driving over the limit on the freeway because I can't feel I'm going that fast. When I first purchased the car, I noticed several people looking and some even asked what kind of car I was driving.

06EXCIVIC
By dw on 12/11/06 20:09 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Good looking, fun to drive, easy on the pocket book. Just an all around nice economy car, for kids from 18 to 65.

great car
By tjw on 12/10/06 05:46 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 5 months now and have already put almost 7,000 miles on it. It's done great. Ive had no problems with it. I love the fuel economy considering I drive 60 miles a day. The only thing that worries me is the snow. I haven't yet tried it out in the snow but it should do fine considering it has front wheel drive. This is an awesome car and I would recommend it to anyone!

cute car, great drive, awesome price!
By P. from Toronto on 12/08/06 13:24 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Absolutely love the exterior and interior design. The two-tier dash design is actually great in that you can see the speed gauge almost without taking your eyes off the road. A really smooth and comfortable drive, perfect handling on both dry & wet road. A great choice altogether. Totally recommend it!

Okay For Its Price Range
By LS on 12/03/06 03:21 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love and hate this car at the same time. Love the interior/exterior styling of it. Having the Navigation is great. But it's no fun to drive. Choppy and hesitant. Don't know if it's throttle or transmission related. Post service to address this issue has been in vain. Very unimpressed with Honda service. Feel like I'm stuck with a car that's not quite right. Will probably trade the car in this coming year.

Honda Civic 2006
By DRothenberg on 11/26/06 01:07 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is great. It looks sporty and geared toward a young and smaller population. It handles great and has great gas mileage. Interior is cozy. The Dashboard makes it appearance really sporty.

Uhh, it's pretty awesome
By chevster on 11/15/06 07:09 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car overall is excellent, great handling, awesome gas mileage, and decent power as long as you stay in the power band. The only problem I have with the car is the spongy clutch which feels like a video game, causing me at least, to grind a gear or two every once in a while.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.