Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Forget the Prius
By Clinton70

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is loads cheaper than a Prius and has potential for mileage well into the 40's if you drive right. Also, it's not ugly and dangerous like the Prius. 46.7mpg on one tank on 87 octane on 55mph roads. 42 on interstates. City (lots of 25mph and stop and go)/highway mix was still a respectable 31. Design in and out was fabulous. Power was plenty for a gas saver. Ride was great for an economy car. Regret getting rid of but had a kid on the way and coupe was too small. I probably could have kept it though as the back seat was not small by any means for a coupe.

Factory subwoofer and sound system was great, better than my Dad's Lexus LS at the time. Power. Gas mileage. Looks. Double tier instruments including digital speedometer. Center console. Factory 16" EX wheels were cool.

Best factory navi I seen but at $2200 is a ripoff when a $700 Pioneer or Kenwood DVD/GPS has more features. Better choice in colors too, don't save all your great colors for the Si! Separate temperature from odometer. Transmission kicked at times at acceleration but I think was normal for a Honda

'06 Civic EX 2-dr Coupe Best Car
By Kathy

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

OMG! This is the best car I've ever owned! I love it! I'd buy another one; I plan to buy one more before I retire. The ride is smooth, it looks great, fabulous gas mileage. I love this car!

Body style, I'm a rear end buyer when choosing a car; I love the way the car looks from the rear.

Would love to have leather seats; they don't come in the Civic 2 door.

Love my Civic EX!
By Laura

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Civic EX Coupe with a manual transmission just over 2 years ago and still love it. Not only is it a great looking car, it's fun to drive. Very economical on gas and seems to get much better than stated in the reviews. I'm averaging about 33 mpg and that's mainly driving around town!

easy to read dash, fuel economy, stereo controls built into the steering wheel.

Great Little Car For Sure!
By Bernice Arnold

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Leased in 2006 and best decision I ever made. Had an oil leak in the first week of leasing but Honda was fantastic in replacing with all new parts and haven't had ANY problems since. Mileage is great and this car handles like a charm. Highly recommend a civic to anyone who wants fuel efficiency, a reliable vehicle and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Love how it handles on the highway and at the fuel pumps. Comfortable for long drives with good leg room. A solid little car with a no nonsense attitude.

Bit of a blind spot where the pillar separates driver's window and back passenger window. Makes it a bit difficult to see when wanting to change lanes. Have heard from other civic coupe owners who have the same problem. Other then that, I wouldn't hesitate to lease a civic coupe again.

Love My Hondas
By Jen

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Our van blew up this month. DH inherited my 2000 Accord, and I got the 2006 Civic. I am thrilled because I have loved the design ever since its debut in 2006. So far it has been a blast to drive and great on gas. I actually like the dash layout. However, my car is black and the interior is beige (ew). Who puts beige interior in cars these days? There are a few scuffs from the previous owner in the plastic moldings that will not come out. Grey would have been MUCH more welcome. Also, it's an ordeal to change the headlights if you ever need to (involving a screwdriver and the fender). I wish it didn't come with cheesy hubcaps on an LX. But otherwise it's a pretty, sporty coupe!

The dash layout, super sporty styling for the coupe, easy-to-navigate controls, decent stereo for factory, plenty of storage pockets, awesome cup holders

No beige interior! It gets way too dirty to easily. Also, for an LX I think the hubcaps look cheap. I would have expected alloys and maybe a "fancier" or bigger alloy for the EX to differentiate models.