Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love my Civic
By Kristy Torpin

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned my 06 civic for two years. Driving in between the valley and la everyday. Only repairs that I had to make was replacing the starter. Other than that the car ran great! It doesn't have too much get up and go on the freeway. But it got me around great. I loved it!

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots in the front. Emergency break in weird spot for drivers that have long legs.

Best car ever (not literally, but yea)
By Birthday Ball

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'd be making millions and I'd still be driving this thing. The design is great inside and out. Surprisingly room and big for a compact vehicle, though it still gets some wicked mpg. I love it. I drove a 93 Honda Accord before and it was as reliable though less cool. I used to take the thing off roading and never gave it oil changes- still never broke down. Hondas are reliable creatures. I give my 06 Civic regular oil changes, and have changed the brakes and transmission oil once. They just need regular maintenance (that can be done at home if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty), and they'll last you forever.

Favorite Features

Design-inside and out, mpg without sacrificing too much power (other vehicles that get this kind of mpg feel a lot weaker), reliable- has not failed me once but that's probably just because it's a Honda.

Suggested Improvements

It's a tad bit low. I have to do the asian ricer side maneuver every time I come up on a dip or a bump. I suppose it adds to it looking sporty. It's not a huge problem.

Reliable, efficient, sporty and fun!
By Michael

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had a brand new 2010 Mazda 3 but got rid of it to buy a 4-year-old used Honda Civic for half the price. I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. I get great gas mileage (37 with mixed city/hwy), which is easily 12 mpg better than the Mazda! The interior styling is excellent - I have the beige interior and its so open, light and airy, especially with the sunroof. The seats are spacious and comfortable, and the trunk gives me plenty of storage space for hauling stuff. Back seats are pretty big for a coupe. Love the layout of all the instrumentation, including the handy steering wheel mounted audio controls.

Favorite Features

Love the "heads up display" for fuel and speedometer. Interior illumination is futuristic and functional. Seats are very comfortable. fuel economy is outstanding. 5 speed manual is sporty, responsive and fun to drive. One-touch sunroof is nice. Aux input great for iPod. Excellent Honda reliability!

Suggested Improvements

For a 4-year-old vehicle purchased in fall 2010, it has everything I would expect and more. A USB input and built-in Bluetooth would be nice, but these are far from necessary. Only real complaint is the speakers: for a "Premium" audio system, they're rather poor and rattle a lot.

Nice Little Car
By Psychprofessor

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for close to 2 years but don't drive it on the highway all that often. Also, the town I live in is really bad for gas mileage, with stop signs and traffic lights at seemingly ever corner--and lots of corners! On the highway, I've gotten high 30s, which seems pretty good to me. In town, I'm lucky to get 23 mpg. I like the seats a lot, and it's one of the few cars I've had that doesn't have any rattles. Also, I've had no problems to complain about when I take it to be serviced.

Favorite Features

I would say the styling, exterior and interior, the seats, decent-sized trunk for the size of the car, and fold-down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

I would like leather seats and a hybrid version of the car I have, with a decent color selection.

Love My Hondas
By Jen

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Our van blew up this month. DH inherited my 2000 Accord, and I got the 2006 Civic. I am thrilled because I have loved the design ever since its debut in 2006. So far it has been a blast to drive and great on gas. I actually like the dash layout. However, my car is black and the interior is beige (ew). Who puts beige interior in cars these days? There are a few scuffs from the previous owner in the plastic moldings that will not come out. Grey would have been MUCH more welcome. Also, it's an ordeal to change the headlights if you ever need to (involving a screwdriver and the fender). I wish it didn't come with cheesy hubcaps on an LX. But otherwise it's a pretty, sporty coupe!

Favorite Features

The dash layout, super sporty styling for the coupe, easy-to-navigate controls, decent stereo for factory, plenty of storage pockets, awesome cup holders

Suggested Improvements

No beige interior! It gets way too dirty to easily. Also, for an LX I think the hubcaps look cheap. I would have expected alloys and maybe a "fancier" or bigger alloy for the EX to differentiate models.