2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Comfortable, Quick, Great MPG!
By Greg on 07/25/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2001 Accord with the 2006 Civic looking for better MPG and handling; I got what I was looking for! It was a strange looking car at the time but since then more and more cars have the bullet shaped frame.

Saved My Life!
By Jennifer on 07/23/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Honda Civic and drove it for 2 1/2 years. LOVED it! Smooth, has great power, comfortable, perfect size. In August of 2008 I was rear ended in the fast lane of a 4-lane freeway. I was struck so hard my car flew sideways into the next lane where my drivers side door slammed into the back end of another car at a 90 degree angle. I then flew across 2 more lanes of traffic, up the embankment and into the scrub trees. I walked away with a bruised arm and a cracked rib. No whiplash, no serious broken bones. My car was totaled, but I found had retained 100% of it's value! His insurance gave me exactly what I'd paid for it 2 1/2 years earlier! I went out and bought a 2008 Honda Civic!

I miss my '96 Accord
By grace2007 on 07/13/09 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Civic because it was close in size to my '96 Accord and the price was right. I didn't realize that squirrels find my wiring harness so tasty and I've had to spend over $500 repairing. I asked if there is anything that can be done to protect the wiring harness. Nope. Evidently they like the foam that surrounds it. At 34k I need a real ABS sensor and was told it was covered under warranty. Went to pickup the car and had to pay for it in order to get my car back. I have loved Honda's but they need to get a 10yr 100000k warranty. Next time I will look at a Hyundai. One more thing...the dash and glove box rattles terrible. No fix for that either.

Civic
By me on 07/02/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very pleased with my Civic. Alot of people hate the interior but I enjoy the futuristic looks. The seats are very sturdy and comfortable, although the plastic and paint is like many said cheap and scratches easily. Sunroof, Ipod hookup, multiple airbags, digital speedometer have all been nice features. This car does get excellent gas mileage BUT at a price for power... very very poor passing power on 2 lane roads. With all that said it has been a very reliable car, just the normal wear and tear upkeep.

06 HCH Great For Me
By dsilva on 06/28/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Civic Hybrid for 3 and half years now and it still feels nearly as tight as when it was new. My mileage is 50-57 in summer and 42-45 in the cold northern winters. It handles great in the turns though fully loaded you can tell the difference. It is a nice smooth and quiet car that driven lightly will get outstanding mileage in town. Two gripes only. The electric power steering doesn't have a good sense of feel or on-center and will drift if twitched even the smallest bit. Winter warm-up of the battery/hybrid system takes way too long and drops the car's mileage a lot in winter. That said, I think it's a great ride that has really taken the pain out of the high gas prices.

Good Transportation
By D Hare on 04/26/09 15:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

RATING 3/4 of 5 - DX-G, MAN. TRANS., CANADA BUILT, 27K MILES. Overall a good/very good car for city/highway driving. PLUS: Styling, Fuel Efficiency, Maintenance/Reliability, Road Feel/Turning, Drives Straight, No Vibration, Starts at - 45! Great for shorter drivers, Fun 2 Drive. MINUS: Fit & Finish - paint, plastics used (scratches easily), Some parts slightly misaligned, Front end is low to ground; some people may have difficulty entering/exiting car; if not aware, may easily hit concrete barriers while parking, trunk space good for small jobs, Suspension has started to squeak over small bumps, Factory tires will need to be replaced due to softer factory tires.

Fun Car To Drive, Best SI Ever
By Jeff on 04/11/09 11:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new in 2006, didn't really want a car with the Navi System in it, but now I can't live without it. The performance of this car is great. I have owned other Honda's in the past, but they really outdid them selves with this model. The car really starts to perform above 6k rpm. The power curve is great, it's like the engine kicks up to another level. Glad I wanted for this year's model to come out!! Very Low maintenance, I have only had to buy tires, and normal oil changes for 49k miles. Great fuel mileage for this model. Compared to a Acura RSX with the same engine, the SI averages about 8-10 miles per gallon more.

low cost of ownership
By AM on 03/25/09 09:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've got 65K miles on it & I've had to spend only about $1000 in 3 1/2 years (set of new tires, replace front brakes & coolant service) besides regular oil changes at 5-6K intervals.

Great mileage--little else...
By Brian on 03/22/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Owned the 2006 Civic LX coupe for three years. Great mileage, but terrible in the snow- ascending the slightest hills were a challenge. Tires wearing unevenly. Hesitation starting in cold weather. Suspension squeaks in cold weather. Interior plastics cheap and scratch seemingly just by looking at them. Car very unsteady on the highway especially in cross winds and most use the foot to the floor for acceleration. Only had 17,000 mi and brakes were worn. Front end so low would scrape parking barriers. Paint chips easily, needs thicker clearcoat. A/C not the best. Traded for Ford Mustang. It's good to be home!

Honda Interior
By Hondared2006 on 03/20/09 02:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Major problems with interior and trim, panels on inside of car by roof and window. Honda had to re built a major engine part. When car was 2 years out of warranty. For the most the car is outstanding on gas. Handles and drives great. Lots of room in trunk. Comfortable! I just wish the interior was a little better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.