2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best Car You Can Buy Today
By Ian on 10/06/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What a great car. It's a safe, practical 4-door mid-sized sedan with incredible fuel economy. The only time you know it's a hybrid is when the engine shuts down at red-lights and at the pump. It's roomy, fun to drive, and of the most cutting-edge technology available for $20k (counting tax credit). It'll teach you to drive all over again. I no longer see how fast I can get somewhere, I see how efficiently I can do it. Sounds goofy, but it is a fun game to play. Don't listen to Consumer Reports when they say the best they could get was 38 mpg. The engine gets better with break- in. My tanks are so far 37.6 (incl. del from Japan), 41.8, 42.1, 44.4 & I'm confident it'll get better. Go try it!

The best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By dagnydeveaux on 10/01/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We're very, very impressed. With a little self control the mileage really is as Honda advertised it. The way it handles is extremely impressive for a smaller car; we feel as safe in it as we do in our old work horse - the Volvo Cross Country!

good commuter
By tom.stodola on 09/28/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the hybrid to save on gas because I commute 41 miles each way on the L.A. freeways. I have been pleased with the mileage (about 43-44 mpg) plus in California I have received my exemption stickers that allow me to use the carpool lanes alone. This saves me over 30 minutes each way daily. My auto insurance also dropped significantly. Probably owing more to the change in cars (previous car - Subaru WRX). While the car is definitely not built for the fun factor that the WRX was, it is comfortable (except on potholes), has major safety features and great ergonomics.

Hybrid forever
By Gregory Kees on 09/27/06 13:13 PM (PDT)

I have an '03 civic hybrid and I have almost 90,000 miles with no issues and the 2006 is more powerful and void of road noise and gets from 7 to 10 more miles to the gal than the '03. The navigation system is the best I have ever used. A great little luxury car for under $25,000. I added the optional fog lights and day night mirror. The mirror is very important because SUV and truck lights are blinding at night because the Civic is low to the ground.

06' Civic Hybrid
By Steve on 09/26/06 07:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a the Civic Hybrid for the fuel savings and HOV lane useage. So far the car has averaged 52 MPG. I commute between Eastern Suffolk County (Long Island) and Queens NY, so its a mixed bag of Highway and city driving. Car is excellent and handling is great. Highly recommended!

This car is way better than Prius.
By Wave3 on 09/24/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

Bought it 2 weeks ago. Excited with the actual fuel efficiency I am getting. For the first 2 tanks I got 50.4 and 52.6mpg, getting better. The car's sticker says 41-57 city and 43- 59 highway so no surprise some jack- rabbit drivers get poorer mpg but it helps if you know how not to drive. I think the number Forbes reported (26mpg city) is a Detroit hoax. Cool I get zero emission during stops. The car has good power and no problem at highway ramps or steep uphill. Stereo quality is not impressive. A plenty of interior room and the trunk space is fine for a golf bag or a large suit case. Factory window tinting could be darker. My dealer haggled and raised the price at the last minute.

2006 Civic Hybrid/Navi in N.J.
By Dave & Michelle on 09/24/06 07:08 AM (PDT)

Overall we are extremely pleased with our new car. The performance has surpassed our expectations. You can really feel the low speed torque of the gas/electric engine combo. The aerodynamic design is very noticable in highway driving. Much quieter, and a feeling that you're slicing through the air at higher speeds. Much less buffeting when passing (or being passed by) large trucks at highway speeds. We racked up around 500 miles on our first tank of gas, which jives with our average display of 41.5 MPG. The Navi works well, and has nice features like "maximize freeways" and avoid certain roads. The sound system sounds very nice, and the mp3/wma disc capability is very cool.

hybrid perfprmance
By ed on 09/24/06 06:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

in the short time of owwnership aug 1 of 2006 we have driven 3,000 miles the vehicle has exceeded my expectaions in all aspects. Acceleration is suprising good fuel economy trip to maine was approx 55 mpg. mileage varies with the amount of foot pedal pressure on the gas pedal. vehicle was rommy and comfortable, handling was excellent. i would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Honda Civic hybrid.....LOVE IT
By Sue B on 09/13/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

Got my car yesterday and immediately fell in love. My husband was impressed how it handles, its roomyness,and comfort. He has a bad back and was very comfy in the seats. The first 80 miles I got 39 mpg!!!. I am so glad a chose the honda, I had been looking at the Prius but finding one is impossible. This Civic is much the car that the Prius is, just not hatchback or bluetooth ( don't care about that anyway)capable and only one cd in cd player. It is a fabulous car regardless. Buy One and see.

Good so far
By sal on 09/13/06 06:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got 41 mpg on first tank of gas. I suspect that will go up slightly as car gets broken in. I don't know why some people complain about not getting 50 mpg. Those estimates are under ideal situations. You never can replicate those conditions exactly. Interior quality is very good, car is quiet , low road noise. Generous legroom and headroom (I'm 6'2"). Acceleration from standstill isn't great, but once it gets going it does well. Going up on hills is fine, because the battery assists the motor. Overall I'm happy

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.