2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good Buy
By nukeford on 03/10/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda to cut my fuel costs. I had driven pickups for 20 years but the gas savings practically made the car payment. Being 6'1 I was impressed with the way I felt after my regular four hour drive. The car never had any problems except for a coupe of minor recalls. The downside of this car is its weight. You have to really hold on in heavy rain or snow. There have been numerous occasions when the snow buildup in the wheel wells caused some massive front end vibration.If you live in a warm climate this is the best car to get for fuel economy and comfort. If you are a DYI person you will more than likely have to get your trans fluid from the Honda dealer.

Just 'OK'
By jmart on 03/10/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 06 for 30 months and 61,000 miles. Only mechanical problems were - broken idle pulley, misaligned window (i.e fell off track). Yes, I average 36-38 mpg. Be prepared to live with: A TON of road noise, poor ride quality, constant shifting 5sp auto, poor power band esp with A/C on, and various (ever changing) rattling (ranging from the right front end to the rear shelf). I guess I expected better - maybe I need to lower ' the bar' of my expectations.

Civic snow dilemma
By melekpod on 01/18/09 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda has been reliable in fair weather and rain, but snow, I find it a problem to get up some of the smallest hills. I bought a manual transmission hoping I would have more control in the snow. I thought it was the tires, so I bought new tires, still have the same problems. Also, I open the window and water seems to pour in on the controls when it's raining and rolling the window down usually has cleared the windows in past vehicles, but it doesn't, seems the like the rubber squeegy is on the wrong side of the window? Had a ford contour w/ no problems in snow.

Great mpg - lacking on weight
By Ruth Mixon on 01/04/09 18:04 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

For the most part, the Honda Civic LX has been a fun car to drive, great mpg, 30-33 in town and 40-44 on highway. Almost as good as my motorcycle. Driving in windy and snow conditions can be tricky so slower speeds are the answer to keeping it in total control. If going on long distances in the winter, be prepared to drive 10 mph lower than other cars. Windy conditions can make you hold on pretty tightly. Light on the rear end makes snow driving a big hairy. The bucket seats can be a bit uncomfortable on long distance driving. Otherwise, it's a great car and a money saver.

Great Car, Great Experience
By Laura B on 10/04/08 03:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had this car for almost 3 years and loved it. We drove it mostly on the hwy out in the country where we live. It survived the tough Iowa winters with no problem. Never had trouble starting on the coldest days. Only things we did for it was take it in for reg. maintenance and oil changes/tire rotations. Put 80,000 miles on it w/no problems. Fell even more in love w/this car after husband landed upside down in a ditch and walked away from the accident. Very safe, reliable car with great gas mileage. We averaged 40 mpg year round, w/ mostly highway miles. Could be roomier, but is surprisingly roomy for such a small car. However, it is light and can blow around a bit in Iowa's strong winds.

53,000 'BUMPY' miles
By jmart on 09/16/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my CIVIC LX for 28 months/ 53,000 miles on odometer. As mentioned in my previous entries the car still rides roughly even on new tires. Rattles in dash, rear deck area. WHY does this car have SO MUCH ROAD NOISE? Clunky transmission-still-now has a new 'whine' to it. Still gets approx 34 MPG, though. KBB, NADA, Black Book value ahead of my pay off. I'm proud of that. Thinking of 09 Corolla.

What a disappointment.
By Sergio on 09/06/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car responds quickly and smoothly on start but after 80 mph the speedometer rises too slowly especially when the car is full. But that' just the beginning. The driver's window came out of frame after about 1.5k miles. Later the interior started to fall apart small plastic pieces in the front corner popped out. After 20k miles front brakes came apart, battery was replaced, the starter and the alternator followed by the ignition key was giving problems. I didn't recognize it. I replaced cpu. The trunk lock broke at like 200 miles of use and the back seat open handle broke off easily. the exterior plastic started 2 fall off recently pins that hold them came out.

My Civic
By Melchr on 08/01/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I must share performance of this vehicle. I drive 108 miles back and forth each day from New Braunfels to Austin TX. I average ~70 Mile MPH and I get GREAT mileage. Today I filled up with 10.1 gallons and drove 418.9 miles which equals 41.47 MPG. This is in 100+ degree with aircon on. You talk about hybrids, this vehicle beats them when you compare cost over performance. I do not understand why Honda does not push this car?

Great Car - EXCEPT.
By mark on 07/18/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost two years and I still love it except for ONE thing. At 25,000 miles I had to replace all four tires (Bridestone Tourenza) because of flat spots, cupping and feathering. Bridgestone basically said "tough luck" and Honda said that it's obviously a tire problem. In researching this situation I am not alone with this problem. It IS the cars fault due to some faulty struts and suspension components (mostly at the rear). Now I have 4 premium Michelin's and, believe me, I'm keeping a close eye on them for irregular wear. Other than that, this is a great car to drive and is fantastic on gas! I always get 38-40 mpg on the highway, even at 75 mph with the AC on! Nice!

Replacing my Acura
By Lilly on 06/24/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Knowing that I couldn't afford a new Acura, I decided that a Honda was the next best thing and I wasn't disappointed. The car is cute, comfortable, safe, and reliable. The gas mileage is fantastic - I have never gotten under 32 mpg and I have gotten up to 39. Turning radius is good and the brakes are very tight, just the way I like it. The clutch is solid, allows for a broad range of shifting times, and is fast and easy to use. Can't wait for my first road trip with it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.