Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Nobody beats Honda!
By Bailey Jane

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda in late 2005 when this new body style had just came out. I absolutely love my car. I have three kids and while we are outgrowing the car, I am purchasing an Odyssey and my husband will take this one over. We also had a Honda Accord lease that we are turning in this week. We love Honda's and that is all we have owned in the last 10 years. I have had no problems with my civic, I have almost 70K miles on it now and I have replaced the tires since I drive so much. But it is fun to drive, it is a beautiful car and the gas mileage is awesome as we all know. I would not ever hesitate to purchase a Honda! Plus I have 3 uncles that are certified Honda mechanics so thats a bonus!

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, the looks of the car. The finishes, pretty roomy for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

My husband has a sunglass holder in his Accord. I would really have loved one in my civic!

Cracked Engine Block @ 132K
By NPW

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car! It was a great drive but cracked engine block @ 132K???? This seems to be an epidemic now showing up on 2006/2007/2008 Civics! Honda will not cover it because of the mileage which I think is not good PR considering it is due to to a design weakness or a manufacturing defect regardless of mileage. Hoping for an eventual recall! Also, transmission had to be replaced at 132K!

Favorite Features

The comfort The MP3 Playing audio system I got mpgs above the rating on freeway Good acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Improve reliability! Own up to mfg defects/design issues if they are showing up regardless of mileage!

Satisfied customer
By Steve

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Civic for work when my daily drive became 55 miles each way. 25 freeway and 30 mountain switchbacks. The fuel savings have paid for my car. The only problems in 80000 miles have been the sun visors and the OEM Bridgestone tires wearing out. The engine performance as well as the fuel economy improves with the engine RPM. Keep the engine up over 2500 and the car performs well. Run it at 3500 and it really scoots. I put on some Perreli P3000 (now 5000) tires increasing the handling and doubling the tires life. The only drawbacks to this car are it seems to be invisible sometimes in freeway traffic probably due to its low roof line and it has no room for snow chains if they are required.

Favorite Features

The small smooth revving engine that is built for higher rpm power and fuel economy (consistent 35 MPG) combined with the stable predictable curve holding handling. The dash layout that is easy to read well laid out and also makes the interior feel more open.

Suggested Improvements

A simple base model with air conditioning included. The existing AC has a hard time keeping up when the temperature outside is over 100 degrees although it is adequate and a stronger unit may decrease mileage.

Honda Man Forever
By Peterson755

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Only problem we have had with our Civic is uneven rear tire wear. After taking it into the local Honda dealership they were able to determine that there was a problem with the rear suspension that caused the tire wear. They replaced all of my tires (over $600) under warranty and stopped the problem. Later, they were able to correct the suspension problem with a replacement part and we have had no further problems. We average in the low to mid 30's on daily mpg and have gotten as high as 44 mpg on the highway. Fantastic car. We have driven Hondas since 1987 and have never had our vehicles in the shop for anything other then scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Love the digital dash display and don't really feel like we are in a small car because of the room inside.

Suggested Improvements

A telescoping steering wheel would be nice. Seems like to get plenty of leg room behind the wheel, I have to sit quite a way back from the steering wheel, resulting in having to stretch my arms out to steer. Can be uncomfortable after awhile.

Ridiculously good experience
By andrew r

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

105,000 miles, here's my list of issues... oh yeah, ZERO brake pads @ 82k, tires @ 85k (but I definitely overdid it there), oil changes/tire rotations@ 5,000 filters/blades as needed... that's it. Car was worth every penny of MSRP, getting a discount was only icing on the cake.

Favorite Features

Too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

Here's the worst thing about this car....put a better antenna on the radio.