2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews 4

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Little Car
By Austin on 05/15/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for almost 2 years now and I love it. My wife is the primary driver and she couldn't be happier with the styling, performance and gas mileage. The last 2 years we have driven it from Ohio to Savannah on vacation and have averaged 40 mpg on the highway. We avg about 34 with a combination of country and city driving. Plan on getting a second one soon!

Problems as soon as warranty expired !
By Down w Honda on 04/17/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After doing my research I looked at several models of cars. Honda seemed to be the best rated. I needed a car I could trust to put a great amount of Highway miles on, since I'm in sales. I explained this to the dealer when I purchased the car, they assured me this was the car for me. I started to experience brakes and rotor problems at 31,000 miles. I have had to replace the rotors and the pads. The car hit 60,200 miles and noises started to occur in the engine. I have since found out motor mounts need replaced and the warranty no longer good, Honda says itís not their problem. I end up paying the price for what I believe to be a Honda DEFECT,or is it just the way Honda builds their cars?

Good but overated
By Fuad on 04/12/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good looking but the interior quality is rather questionable. Lots of cheap interior plastic makes the interior fragile. The gas mileage is pretty good and the power is adequate. I have a K&N cold air intake system and it helps.I actually had many complements about its looks. Its comfortable on long trips and is fun to drive. If you live in an area with many many potholes, I don't recommend you get this car because it will not take them without a flat tire or other damages.The rear visibility is an issue that you have to deal with if you intend to buy the coupe. I wish I waited a bit longer for a Mazda 3.

Quite Happy
By Reeb on 04/08/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car slightly used. I went from a 99 Civic Hatchback and proceeded through a difficult decision process and chose this coupe. Factors and thoughts: I am 33 and live in LA. I think the FIT is the perfect car, but test drove one and considered it strangely a step DOWN from my 99 Civic. Horrible crisis. Also considered: Mazda 3 hatch (family car), Mini Cooper (too hip, limited, expensive and faulty), Scions (too young for me), VW Rabbit (just boring), Prius (boring and expensive). I think that I made the best choice of the available cars. Comments: fun to drive, handling tight, build quality is great, the seats are VERY comfortable, acceleration is astoundingly smooth.

great looking economical car
By mike fleming on 04/02/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. comfortable, reliable, 40 mpg, good looking, quiet, good in snow.

Well Balanced
By Well Balance car on 03/15/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I brought it use with only 5000 miles on it. I was just looking for a 2nd car for work only because I drive about 100 miles a day. But I found more than that in the civic. I'm getting average around 36 mpg. This car is fun for daily driving. I drive through downtown and interstate. the feel is great, steering is very responsive. The road noise is a little more than I like, but with the Navi with the 350 watts stereo. What road noise. I love the forward look and size of the windshield, but it does pick up everything including rock form cars ahead. Had to replace the windshield once already. This is a great car and with the price tag, that just make it a greater car. Love it

Two Years and No Complaints!
By Nicole on 03/13/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Civic for over two years now and I think it's a great car. It gets excellent gas mileage I get 32mpg city and if I do a lot of highway I get about 38mpg, I have gotten 400 miles to a tank. It feels like a well made car and I think for the price it is an excellent car that will last a long time, I'm planning on driving it into the ground. My only small complaint is it is not very good in the snow, but I would rather have that a few times a year than have to pay out the rear for a gas guzzling SUV. It's a sporty fun little car that gets alot of looks and is fun to drive!

Meets all of my needs!
By John on 03/11/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted an attractive, reliable, comfortable, 2dr automatic that got great gas mileage--that's what I got. Happy!

A fun, sporty ride that won't disappoint
By Patty on 01/31/08 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car the minute I saw it. Instead of purchasing a new coupe, I scored a Certified Used 2006 with only 771 miles in the beautiful Royal Blue Pearl for a fraction of what a new one would have cost me. I've only owned my coupe for 7 months and today was honestly the only day I had a problem with it. For some odd reason the engine wouldn't turn over!! It finally started. That was very puzzling and if it happens again, I of course will take it back to the dealer. Other than that, this car has not disappointed me at all. I get endless compliments on it all the time.

Unpleasant Car
By veryslowdriver on 12/14/07 07:55 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this for commuting and city use. Seats seemed comfortable in test drive but real back achers in day-to-day-use. Miserable. Powertrain was so so. It could rev up but it was just business. Terrible shifter. Avg 30mpg. Hugely annoying interior rattles that dealer said were normal and would not fix. Handling was only average - a compromise of compromises, not comfortable, not precise, even w/good Michelin tires. My third new Honda and my very last. This seems like an excellent chassis, but not correctly exploited. Toyota Corolla a better choice for a commuter compact, quieter and better mannered. All in all, the car made me miserable. Sold at 6700 mi