2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Quite Happy
By Reeb on 04/08/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car slightly used. I went from a 99 Civic Hatchback and proceeded through a difficult decision process and chose this coupe. Factors and thoughts: I am 33 and live in LA. I think the FIT is the perfect car, but test drove one and considered it strangely a step DOWN from my 99 Civic. Horrible crisis. Also considered: Mazda 3 hatch (family car), Mini Cooper (too hip, limited, expensive and faulty), Scions (too young for me), VW Rabbit (just boring), Prius (boring and expensive). I think that I made the best choice of the available cars. Comments: fun to drive, handling tight, build quality is great, the seats are VERY comfortable, acceleration is astoundingly smooth.

great looking economical car
By mike fleming on 04/02/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. comfortable, reliable, 40 mpg, good looking, quiet, good in snow.

Well Balanced
By Well Balance car on 03/15/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I brought it use with only 5000 miles on it. I was just looking for a 2nd car for work only because I drive about 100 miles a day. But I found more than that in the civic. I'm getting average around 36 mpg. This car is fun for daily driving. I drive through downtown and interstate. the feel is great, steering is very responsive. The road noise is a little more than I like, but with the Navi with the 350 watts stereo. What road noise. I love the forward look and size of the windshield, but it does pick up everything including rock form cars ahead. Had to replace the windshield once already. This is a great car and with the price tag, that just make it a greater car. Love it

Two Years and No Complaints!
By Nicole on 03/13/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Civic for over two years now and I think it's a great car. It gets excellent gas mileage I get 32mpg city and if I do a lot of highway I get about 38mpg, I have gotten 400 miles to a tank. It feels like a well made car and I think for the price it is an excellent car that will last a long time, I'm planning on driving it into the ground. My only small complaint is it is not very good in the snow, but I would rather have that a few times a year than have to pay out the rear for a gas guzzling SUV. It's a sporty fun little car that gets alot of looks and is fun to drive!

Meets all of my needs!
By John on 03/11/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted an attractive, reliable, comfortable, 2dr automatic that got great gas mileage--that's what I got. Happy!

A fun, sporty ride that won't disappoint
By Patty on 01/31/08 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car the minute I saw it. Instead of purchasing a new coupe, I scored a Certified Used 2006 with only 771 miles in the beautiful Royal Blue Pearl for a fraction of what a new one would have cost me. I've only owned my coupe for 7 months and today was honestly the only day I had a problem with it. For some odd reason the engine wouldn't turn over!! It finally started. That was very puzzling and if it happens again, I of course will take it back to the dealer. Other than that, this car has not disappointed me at all. I get endless compliments on it all the time.

Unpleasant Car
By veryslowdriver on 12/14/07 07:55 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this for commuting and city use. Seats seemed comfortable in test drive but real back achers in day-to-day-use. Miserable. Powertrain was so so. It could rev up but it was just business. Terrible shifter. Avg 30mpg. Hugely annoying interior rattles that dealer said were normal and would not fix. Handling was only average - a compromise of compromises, not comfortable, not precise, even w/good Michelin tires. My third new Honda and my very last. This seems like an excellent chassis, but not correctly exploited. Toyota Corolla a better choice for a commuter compact, quieter and better mannered. All in all, the car made me miserable. Sold at 6700 mi

Great can but noisey
By Beaker4572 on 11/28/07 15:53 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The 06 Honda Civic is an overall great vehicle, nice design, pep, and great gas mileage. There is a problem with wind noise and tire noise however. After 17,000 miles, it sounds like a distant freight train on various road surfaces. My tire guy stated it's a common complaint about the Bridgstones on the vehical. Honda needs to make this right. The dealer says tire wear and bad alinement? But the noise is getting louder. Again a love the car but if this keeps up I'll get rid of it. I don't believe I should have to purchase new tires after just 17k!

A Classic in Its Own Time
By EdmundC on 11/12/07 07:32 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a relatively luxurious car with almost the fuel economy of a subcompact. It has been problem free, and the build quality seems better than the `01 Civic it replaced. The extra width does add to the driving comfort. The headlights are better than the ones on a certain new GM car I recently drove. My big gripe is the poor visibility, due to the small windows and big posts. Hard to park it accurately. This car would be out of the question for someone very short. The inside of the windshield needs cleaning much more often than with any other car I have had. The driver's seat adjustments and the headrest position could be better. Not enough loudness for some MP3 players.

A Good Buy
By Ryan on 11/01/07 21:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Got this car a month after its release and originally wanted the navigation but there was a 6 month waiting list so I opted for the ex coupe. Used to get a ton of compliments on the styling which is always a good thing. The two tier dash took a while to get used to, but I really like it now. Quality of the materials are great! Coming from an IS300...this car is actually pretty fun to drive, considering its a compact 4-cyl. Engine needs more torque but has good power delivery, I think I'm just used to the V6 torque. Drove this car from Seattle to LA and back and it's surprisingly comfortable! This car is very economical which is what I needed. I saved $800 last year on gas compared to my IS.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.