2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love this car!!
By Art Vandelay on 10/13/05 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a job where I drive 40,000 - 50,000 miles per year visiting accounts up and down the east coast. I needed a car that can handle alot of long, high speed highway runs, and I could not be happier with this car so far... For me it was a decision between the VW Jetta TDI and the Civic, and while I loved both cars, I felt like the value and reliability were better with the Civic. The fully loaded Civic costs at least $1000 less than the least expensive TDI. The Civic is giving me an average of 38-40 mpg so far, and while it doesn't have the high speed passing power of the TDI, the engine is one of the smoothest I have ever driven. I highly recommend this car!

It's a Honda
By mark on 10/12/05 16:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 05 2 door Civic LX for the 06 4 door EX. Even though car has more ponies it will get you where you want but still seems weak on horsepower. The design of the car really caught my eye, and the materials are of the quality you would expect. The price is not bad considering you get moon roof, alloy wheels,side curtain air bags,ABS, and a sticker EPA of 40mpg hwy. I had compared the new Jetta and the Mazda 3. The Jetta was more expensive and both did not get the EPA mileage the Civic is supposed to. As I said "its a Honda". This new Civic is a good looker but still is pretty plain vanilla when it comes to driving experience. Reliability rated excellent but really have not had long enough

2006 Civic
By Gioneburnz on 10/11/05 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 civic EX 4 door Sedan with automatic transmission is surprisingly similar to the 2005 Accord in smoothness. The engine noise is very well isolated and the interior is much roomier than the previous generation of Civics. The automatic tranny has 5 gears vs the previous 4 gears and has a VTECH head which makes the car much more suitable for city driving than the previous model. In other words, it has alot more acceleration at low speeds although the '06 civic, in general, is NOT noticeably more performant than its predecessor due to its increased weight.

'06 Civic Seattle
By troman on 10/10/05 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I made a point to purchase a Japanese model with a VIN that starts with a J. Paid almost full price for the 4DR EX Auto. Chosen for reputation, style, and gas mileage. It is really fun to drive and handles well. The ride is smooth and it's easy to maneuver and park with great visibility. It's feels light and seems to float a little on the road but it's comfortable for day trips. I was impressed at how quiet the car is while driving.

Great Gas Mileage
By TCI 06 Honda on 10/10/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The 06 Civic is a great ride, and it gets incredible gas mileage. On the interstate I have gotten between 35 and 37 miles per gallon in the first 1,000 miles. I like the heads up type spedometer display. Makes it safer to drive, especially in heavy traffic.

Why not perfect
By jack riley on 10/09/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is good. I don't understand that a car maker with so much experience has not realized that the headroom is too low. They improved to make the car wider and longer, but failed to recognize to improve on the headroom like Toyota and other car manufacturers did. That's too bad , because now we have to wait another 10 years for the next model change.

Civic 2006
By npw on 10/06/05 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had a Civic '98 before....very happy with it so thought I would go for another one. Overall I am very happy with it. In- town gas mileage seems a little low but I have not had it long enough to evaluate accurately. Comfortable spacious. Hope it works for me as well as the last one!

2006 Civic LX Automatic
By Joe A. on 10/05/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very impressive car. No regrets about buying it. Averaged 36 MPG for the first 1,000 miles consisting of a mix of city / highway driving (30/70). Well built, fun to drive and great looking for a compact car. I am 6'2" and the car is comfortable for me. There is plenty of room. Looking forward to getting 40 MPG on highway trips. I strongly suspect it will be in the 40's once it is broken in and I have a chance to get it out for highway only driving. At 65 MPH, the engine only turns 2,100 RPMs which is incredible for a 1.8 - Liter engine. Also the 140 HP generated is impressive.

2006 Civic EX Sedan
By DW on 10/05/05 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This new Civic is a car for the 21st century. It has everything you could ask for in terms of styling, performance, interior/trunk space. I've only had the car for two weeks but I'm very happy with the purchase.

Great Gas Mileage
By Great Gas Mileage on 10/03/05 22:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The new style is great. The new Civic is comfortable and with under a 1,000 miles have already had 37.5 mpg mixed highway / city driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.