2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 38

2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2006 Civic Sedan
By Maureen on 10/28/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Incredibly impressed with this car. Thought I was buying an economy, dull car. This car drives like a formula one sports car. Great on gas, handles like a dream, roomy for such a small car.

Fun to drive
By k&b on 10/24/05 18:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had the Civic for 2 weeks now and loving every minute of it. Took a long trip this weekend with the 2 kids and it was a tight fit with the car seats but it is a "compact" car. We now have 1200 miles on the car and have gotten 35-36 mpg. It is a very responsive car and fun to drive. No problems thus far. Highly recommend it if it is not to small. (the drivers seat fits tall and short people very well thanks to the adjustable steering wheel and seat)

06 Honda Civic LX
By Peter on 10/24/05 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda purchase and it sure wont be my last. The car looks and feels like a million bucks. For a small affordable car it is loaded and drives like a more expensive car. The 5 speed automatic shifts vey smoothly. I have taken the vehicle for a weekend trip andd it perform wonderfully. Very comfortable ride. Highly reccomend.

I never thought I would drive a Honda
By Jill on 10/24/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

A few months ago, my husband and I were test driving cars. He loves Honda. (I had a Ford Focus ZX3 that I just loved, but he felt it was too small for him. He is 6'2".) We test drove the 2005 Civic EX, and I didnt like anything about it. Then, we saw an ad for the new 2006 Civics, and we decided to give it a try. Wow! Am I glad we did. We bought one that day. I truly enjoy driving it in traffic or on the highway. The gas mileage has been excellent. The engine is so quiet. The performance of this car is outstanding. I get looks all the time from other Honda drivers, checking out the new, sleek style of the Civic. I absolutely LOVE this car!

Deeply Satisfied
By Tony on 10/22/05 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The First want I test Drove was the Automatic and although I was impressed with Quality Build and general quality the ride was just I expected, very good, BUT... Everything changed when I drove the MANUAL...WOW!! I was in a deep driving satisfaction what s difference between the Auto and Manual. The Manual makes you want to keep going and not let go, is almost as if you wish you had your work and home as far as way as possible in order to maintain the pleasure as long as you can.Hands down Manual is for true driving expnce. When Idle you feel as if the motor has not started yet, impressive. Great/ Smooth Pickup Speed Interior Craftmanshp top notch. Thanks Honda you raised the BAR once again

Love It. First Impressions
By GSIndy on 10/17/05 02:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Everyone is talking about how great this car is. I agree, overall. But as counterpoint to the glowing reviews, I thought I'd give a few negative impressions from my first few days of driving it. First, the parking brake handle digs into my right knee when my foot is off the gas (cruising). Second, I find the speedometer distracting. It is always in your line of vision and I find myself paying a bit too much attention to it at the expense of watching the road. I can hear the gas sloshing around in the tank when I come to a stop (radio off). Radio features are nice, but sound quality is less than I expected, AM especially poor. These are overall, minor flaws in an otherwise GREAT car.

Great car, fix the headrests
By marka on 10/16/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nice car. Good mileage (38mpg @ 1200 miles, mostly highway). 5 speed auto is nice, even coming from a stick, though I could do without it downshifting quite so aggressively. Only major problem sounds silly... The front headrests are too far forward, pushing your head forward and making it _very_ uncomfortable to drive for some folks (and my wife is one of them...) We didn't notice it on the test drive with all the other "I'm in a new car" stuff going on, but be sure and check it out if you're considering one of these.

Very Happy LX Owner
By gabagooo on 10/15/05 07:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 2200 miles I must say that we are very happy. Average MPG is 34 city and 39 highway. I recently drove the car on a 14 hour drive and the seats were uncomfortable after just a few hours of driving. While on vacation, the car was parked under a tree and suffered acron damage on the hood - I think that the hood sheet metal is a bit thin. The overall driving experience is excellent, however, the auto transmission seems to search for the correct gear on hills and highways - it is slow to up and downshift. Build quailty and materials are excellent - our Atomic Blue Civic (which we call Pug) was built in Japan and I am hoping it will provide years of safe, reliable service.

AWESOME
By Jason on 10/14/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. The LX has everything I would want in a car. The price may be a little more than the Corolla, but I feel the quality isn't even comparable. The ride is SMOOTH. I have the automatic and the shifts are so smooth you can't feel them sometimes. I LOVE everything about this. I have no complaints thus far

2006 Honda Civic LX
By Brandon Vang on 10/13/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very nimble and smooth to drive. Needed more leg room, but this is expected out of any compact vehicle. Uses gas like a sparrow drinking water out of a bird bath. I can easily get 500 miles to a full tank of gas on the Highway. I'm amazed....yeah!