Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 400 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

A new look
By minky

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a really different looking car. love the cab forward and the euro style wipers. There is actually quite a bit of leg room, I'm 6' 2" and feel very comfortable in the car. Also visibility out the back is good.

I love that the car comes with all the safety features. There are no options on the Civic and I like that cuz it makes it simple... you know what you're gonna get and you don't forget stuff... it is included

More weather proofing around the rear window and the two little front windows

Love our car
By floyd barnes

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We drove to L.A.and back it was great. Ran well drove around 70 got 45 mpg and love every miniute of the drive. Honda did the job right.

The car itself and we love the color silver gray with a touch of brown. Gas mileage, it's like we are paying $1.50 for gas. We go twice as far the same as cutting prices in 1/2. 50% less

The braking on a hybrid is a bit different from a regular gas car. It takes some getting used to try and fix this, or inform the buyer at time of purchase.

Good but not great
By Rich

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Owned the car for 2 months and 2500 miles. Overall, it is a good car. The 5 speed auto is smooth, willing to kickdown and will hold a gear to readline. Like the styling and the digital speedo. The fuel economy is only good in a combined downtown/highway commute. However, I have several issues with it. First, the front seats are awful. No lumbar support and odd seatback shape induces lower back pain after a half hours drive. Other issues, bouncy front-end on the highway, drive window switches set too far back on armrest, loud wind noise at 70+ in crosswinds, odd shaped door locks.

A smooth engine and transmission combo. Styling. Safety with the side air curtains. The EX is very well appointed and offers good value.

Front seats are not comfortable and needs more effective lumbar support. Bouncy front-end on highways. Driver window switches placed too far back. Door locks have an odd shape. Crosswinds on the highway causes the A- pillars to howl with wind noise.

I love the car...excep...
By dbarry22

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I would recommend this car to anyone...It has made driving fun again for me...plus I'm in love with the Honda reliability and styling...The car is great on gas, and also has a great looking interior and exterior. One problem though...After only 900 miles, I notice the the car is pulling to the right...not terribly, but too much for a car that is basically brand new. I brought it to the Honda dealership...they convinced me it was normal as long as you could go straight for 3 car lengths or 6 seconds without touching the wheel I left feeling unsatisfied, because I think a new car should go straight for a long time if you're on a straight road and the wheels are alligned properly.

The intrument panel and 2-tiered dash look great, especially at night. Lots of trunk space. Great on gas. Convenient cupholders. Lots of interior compartments. Great looks for the exterior.

They should have an automatic trunk opener on the LX...I didn't realize how important that was for me :( Why don't they have an automatic-passenger window like they do for the driver? That makes no sense. A bit noisy when shifting into reverse...I only have 900 miles on the car though

New Civic
By Holbrook

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I couldn't be happier with my new Civic. It is a fun car to drive and am averaging a little over 30 mpg in combined city and highway driving. The cocpit ergonomics are superb. Everything is within reach and have good feel. The two tier instument panel works great. There is no need to take your eyes off the road to check your speed. Although much has been written about intrusive road noise, it is not a major problem nor a significant annoyance. There is practically no wind noise. As stated in the beginning, "I couldn't be happier."

Instrument layout. Feel and response of steering. Fit and finnish

A little more isolation for road noise. An automatic climate control system.