Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good Car
By Satisfied Customer

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Plenty of zip for small engine w/auto transmission. Fuel economy is great at interstate speeds.

Favorite Features

Instrument display and economy.

Suggested Improvements

Still some issues with outside rear- view mirrors not capturing enough (same problem with my '01 Accord).

New Super Civic
By MAJORHOLLEY

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First glance I had of the new 2006 Civic was love at first sight. Its even better driving the new Civic. All control are readily accessible and the new "two tier" insturment panel is superb (reminds me of my HUD on my Corvette). You never had to take your eyes off the road. Straight off the showroom I got 38 MPG the first tank. Since they are hard to come by, I see a lot of people eyeing it wondering what it is. If you're looking for styling, reliability, gas mileage, and people staring, buy a new Civic (I'm sure you'll have to order it), they don't stay on the lot. Love it better than the 2001 2-door Accord I had.

Favorite Features

Two tier insturment panel, 4 wheel disc with ABS, EX model options, looks, and of course, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Move the handle for the emergency brake. Should have been on the other side of the center mounted gearshift.

What big little car!
By ElliottBay

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1999 VW Jetta VR-6 for my new Civic EX sedan a week ago, and am very impressed with how BIG this car is on the inside, and how much storage space there is. I bet there's at least an extra 1" of front leg room and 2" more rear knee room than the Jetta. The Civic is reasonably peppy, and corners very well. I just wish the ride was a bit more supple and there was a little less road noise. I've owned two Hondas before, and expect this one to be typically reliable and long-lasting.

Favorite Features

The vast amounts of SPACE inside the car, the connection for my iPod, the space age dashboard. Multiple speed intermittent wipers. And it looks great - the dark blue color is drop-dead gorgeous!

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats!

Great Car inside and out
By Ph

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned a civic before and decided to by another one and I have to say this is the most spacious interior on a compact car I've seen. Both in the front and back there is enough room to be seated comfortably.The exterior is sporty and has unique features that bring life to the car. The materials on the inside and mesh well in order to give the the car a unique inside as well. the electronics are simple and top of the line. the digital speedometer and blue radio display are beautiful when lit at night and are easy the eyes. the steering wheel is also cormfortable and the brakes are smooth. There aren't blind spots due the large windshield.

Favorite Features

The blue dash/radio and the spacious interior.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower to give the car more acceleration.

Wonderfully designed car!
By Scotch

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I must add my opinion about my Civic. It's very comfortable on regular daily commutes. Easy on my back. Price was very reasonable for what I got. Style both inside and out is very close to outstanding, in my opinion, but the best thing I like about this car is it's marvelous gas mileage. With the right gas blend and warm weather, above 40 mpg is mine to enjoy. Not bad for this size engine and body. Six months and 14000 miles since purchase with no complaints.

Favorite Features

MPG, outer body style and interior touches.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats for these cold winter months.