2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 37

2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My 1st Honda
By Chris on 11/13/05 21:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 06 Civic EX Sedan 11/9/05 and it was love at 1st sight. The cars overall look and brand quality it was attracted me to it. After I went back to the dealership for a test drive and closer look is when I knew it was for me. I am over 6 ft tall and have a lot of room in the car and the seats are comfortable and are easy to adjust. The interior of the car speaks for itself (Wow Factor). It was cleverly thought out except for the parking break. Even though the engine is a 1.8 4 cylinder, the Civic moves quickly on the highways and handles great and is eassy to park. The exterior of the car is stylish and looks great. I get a lot of looks from others and I LOVE my new Honda.

2006 Honda Civic by a Non-Car Nut
By CM on 11/10/05 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am not a car fanatic. In fact, I select a car based on solely practical reasons and for the fewest number of "buttons." Let's keep things simple. Having said all that, let me assure you that the '06 Honda Civic could actually make me a car fanatic. I've owned four Hondas previously and a couple of American cars--none has been as much fun to drive as the '06 LX. It handles beautifully, feels solid, provides ample room, and is filled with easy to use features in terms of climate control, radio, windows, and the like. A truly well engineered, user friendly automobile.

A Very Nice Car Overall, but...
By RL Sanderson on 11/10/05 11:13 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I liked this car enough to switch from twenty-plus years of VW Jettas. It's beautifully made. It handles nicely and the ride isn't bad, and it's as quiet as I'd want, even with the moonroof open. The audio sounds great, though radio reception isn't very good. The thick windshield corner posts (struts?) obstruct vision, quite seriously on left turns. The transmission has trouble deciding what gear it wants to be in on grades at speed. I wonder where all the reviewers reporting 35-40 mpg live and drive - I have to do a lot of maneuvering in and around traffic on long, stiff interstate grades, and even with a lot of more relaxed driving averaged in, I'm getting 29-31 mpg city/hwy.

2006 4DR CIVIC EX
By Virginia O'Brien on 11/09/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda has definitely redefined the driving experience for me- I totally enjoy this vehicle and am happy I purchased it.

Great Car
By RH on 11/09/05 14:42 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new Honda Civic! After test driving many other cars, I'm happy that when I finally made up my mind to buy, the new version of the Civic was available. I never would have considered any of the older versions. This new version is stylish (I've even been told that it looks futuristic) and classy. The ride is smooth and the interior is roomy for a small car. My husband is 6'6" and he has more than enough room! I am very pleased with my new car and highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a small, economical, but stylish car.

Most modern compact car in the market
By yortch on 11/09/05 09:23 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda and I can really feel the build quality and the handling of the car is superior to others. Fuel economy has been around 28 mpg in city, but excellent on the highway. This was a smooth transition from a manual transmission, because this is also a 5- speed transmission and I like the way shifting works, I was surprised with the downshifting specially. I do have to say I was a bit unlucky and mine had a couple minor factory defects: headlights on reminder not working and driver door needed to be adjusted. Despite this, I have no regrets about buying this car. I strongly recommend it.

Absolutely Perfect
By Mike C on 11/07/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I come from a ten Honda family. My parents have 2005 models of the Accord and Oddyssey. I've driven 3 Civics before, and this one bypasses them all. Excellent maneuverability, gas mileage and acceleration make this car a pleasure to take on my long weekend trips to visit my girlfriend. The stock sound system is great, and the MP3 capabilities give a whole new meaning to the words "Mix CD". You also would not expect such comfort for a car of this size, and being used to a '93 LeSabre, I am very happy with the head and legroom that the Civic provides. The standard safety features also provide a peace of mind when on the road.

Gas saving fun!
By jbdnews on 11/04/05 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Civic I have owned over the past 20 years and the best one yet! I started out looking for a 35 MPG car and found one almost as fun to drive as the Miata I once owned! The smooth, quite acceleration, handling, and futuristic interior combined with fuel economy make this a great choice for under $19,000. Some parts a bit flimsy... interior door panels, rear seat construction, hard plastic dash top. Otherwise a great commuter that will make want to take the back roads on the way home!

Not what I expected
By Mitch B on 11/03/05 21:27 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for 2 days and 300 miles. I want to bring it back! Drivers seat extremely uncomfortable. Cabin noise excessive at highway speed. Doors and trunk do not close easily. Speedometer distracting. Radio sounds as if I'm under water. Headlights are weak. Driving off the dealer lot a loud rattle in the dash stared as well as the airbag warning light coming on. I had much higher expectations for this car.

Like the civic sedan a lot
By Dave on 10/28/05 22:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an LX then added a moon roof. Have put 2200 miles on it already, commuting 50 miles a day & take on some business trips. Great little car! I am 6'3" and found this is one of very few small cars I fit in comfortably. Drives & handles great. Mileage is averaging 35-37 commuting, got 41 on a short interstate trip. Well built, have had no problems. For the money a well built, great driving vehicle. Expect to have for numerous years. Power is good for the size/price. Have hauled 4 adults comfortably