Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
My 1st Civic
By BRIAN

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 04 Maxima which ran on premium gas for an 06 Civic for the gas mileage and boy am I saving at the pump. I love the unique design inside and out. I still am not really used to the speedometer up so high. I love the responsive sterring which allows me to do things i never did in my Maxima. The stereo has a subwoofer which is nice, but remember it still is factory so it rattles sometimes and the speakers never seem to play at a high level. Also I was a bit disappointed that there was just one cd instead of 6... seems like Honda wanted to save some money. It also seems that when the car is in the 5-10mph range the car transmission bumps up or down very noticeably.

Favorite Features

Responsive steering, slope of windshield, mileage, auxillary input, design of cupholders.

Suggested Improvements

6 disc cd changer, sound quality of system, more backseat room, head restraints seem to bit forward, standard fog lights.

Terrific car, handles like a slot-car!
By Michael

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Driven the Civic for 2 months now and find it to be a wonderful car all-around, fuel economy at about 42 mpg at 70 mph with the A/C on! Car still gets looks in parking lots and at stoplights, even had one photographing it while at a rest stop on highway. Young daughter loves to sit in centre of back seat as it has the 3-point belt and she's able to see out the extremely large windshield easily. Car sticks to road with Turanza 55R16 tires and handles like a dream. First "import" I've ever owned and after one ride each with our elderly fathers, they saw how great this car is.

Favorite Features

BIG speedo numbers easy to read and the air blows very cold. Spacious interior, small-size steering wheel makes it fun. Front windshield "greenhouse" effect is terrific, very large wipers do their job well. Great 4-speaker stereo and CD player ,intuitive as soon as you get in.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots from large windshield pillars takes some practise but soon it's not much of an issue. Trunk release on key-fob would be useful, large wiper-stalk occasionally gets in way of using controls.

Honda Interior
By Hondared2006

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Major problems with interior and trim, panels on inside of car by roof and window. Honda had to re built a major engine part. When car was 2 years out of warranty. For the most the car is outstanding on gas. Handles and drives great. Lots of room in trunk. Comfortable! I just wish the interior was a little better.

Favorite Features

Design, Great on Gas, trunk space, sun roof

Suggested Improvements

interior cheap trim, cheap sun visor

2006 Honda Civic LX 4 door
By Michael

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had this car for nearly 3 years now and all we've had to do is change the oil and filters. The only negatives are: Terrible and noisy Turanza EL400 Tires (which are dangerous in even a dusting of snow). Interior and exterior scratches seemingly by even looking at them. Blind-spots are bad for backing, it's difficult to park properly as you can't see the corners of the car.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, space-age interior, handles like a slot-car. Over 40 mpg routinely.

Suggested Improvements

Sell with better tires (not Turanza) on this wonderful car. Apply stronger paint and tougher interior materials for use of families and pets.

Best Honda I've owned so far!
By hondaluv3r2006

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic from a private party back in March of 2012 with 136,000 miles already on it. All I can say so far since I've owned it is one word... Awsome! Even with so many miles on it I've had zero major problems with it. Only minor problem so far was I had to replace the cowling along the base of the winshield due to the passenger side became unclipped and interfered with wiper arm operation. Bought and installed the part myself and problem gone. Also part of the plastic handle on the ebrake is coming lose but still works just fine. It's my first Civic, but I've always driven Hondas cause of their long history of durability. Way to go Honda!! Keep bringing us the good cars we love!!

Favorite Features

I love the digital speedometer, but it takes getting used to versus a dial speedo, but it cools so cool! Car seems pretty quick when you step on it. I love the i-vtec system in it as it helps a lot with fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would say here is that Honda should have corrected the rear upper control arm issue before releasing the car. I had to pay to get mine replaced because it was over the 35k to get it done no cost. I had to replace all tires after too so with the $500 repair for the control arms, and the $600 i spent on new tires, it cost a fortune to fix when it should have not been an issue from the start. Other than that, I have no complains about the car. I love it!!