Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Little Car Out There
By HUSKER JIM

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a big guy, 6' 290lbs. This doesn't feel like a small car, but more like a rocketship! I don't feel cramped with plenty of leg, hip, and because of tilt/telescopic steering enough belly room. This is the most responsive car I have ever driven. Touch the gas and hold on! The steering is tight and precise. The brakes are fantastic. When I get up in the morning I can't wait to hit traffic. The dash layout is impressive the dual dispaly upper shows speed, temp and fuel and makes it easy to see while keeping your eyes on the road. Over all this is probably the best vehicle (out of 8 new cars) I have owned. This car isn't a home run but a Grand Slam.

Dual dash, layout of all controls exceptionaly well planned. Steering, and performance, and tilt/telescopic steering.

The rear side window/pillar creat a terrible blind spot. Replace flat glass with concave glass to give better field of view.

By Steve

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 Civic is fun to drive with more power under the hood. Handling is smooth and sharp in tight corners, braking is much more steadier unlike Accord's soft braking distance. The ride is firmer and gives a much more sportier feel top to bottom than last year's coupe.

Two-tier dashboard. Audio system with ipod/navigation features. Interior/Exterior design. Fuel economy. Rear suspensions. Horsepower.

Leather seats would be nice.

What was i thinking purchasing a mazda?
By Daniel B

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my Mazda RX8, fully loaded, for 06 Civic EX coupe and absolutely LOVE IT!! What was I thinking buying a Mazda in the first place? My previous two cars were Honda and I loved them (both had over 150k mi. after I sold them). I thought Mazda wouldn't be much different - WRONG! I actually have more fun driving my new Civic! Can you say mechanical harmony?! And it cruises at 85 quietly and smoother than rx8.

I love everything about the 06 Civic. Surprisingly strong, quick, and quiet engine. And the gas mileage.. You gotta love it. I've been filling up early the past few times and have filled the tank w/ only 10.5 gals on a 13 gallon tank and I've gone almost 300 miles on only 10.5 gallons of gas.. :)

My only complaint is that the body assembly doesn't seem up to Honda specs, as my driver door sticks out a few millimeters more than it should. Still solid, but a little disappointed. The door noticeably sticks out more that it should.

Loves It!
By RoxyChick

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Okay, so I bought my new Civic a couple months ago. Had to order it b/c I couldn't find a white LX Coupe anywhere. I waited for about a month and when it came in off that truck, it was definately worth the wait. The styling on this car is great. From just the lines of the body to the futuristic look of the dash; it's impressing. The ride is so smooth and it feels like a car that should cost over $20,000. I've always been a little weird w/ the Civics b/c I didn't want to buy a "cheap" car, but w/ this new design, I'm sorry I ever felt that way. I love my new Civic and I can't wait to drive it for years to come (especially to the beach this summer!)

I LOVE the fact that the new Civic comes with an aux input. I listen to my iPod every day on the way to and from work. The blue luminesence lights in the dash are great. Very modern and stylish. The digital speedometer rocks and all the airbags in the car are great as well. Style meets safety.

The speakers could be a little more better quality. Every now and then I can hear a rattle like it's blown or something. And the interior, even though it's great, could be a upgraded a tad. The plastic on the doors and stuff isn't all that necessary.

GREAT for the money
By HondaGirl

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Wow, This car is amazing! The interior feels so luxury, it is fun to drive, the hp is perfect, the buttons on the steering wheel are a welcomed addition. The coupe has a roomy back seats and they fold down and the trunk is quite large. There are so many storage compartments. The digital speedometer helps keep on the speed limit too. I don't like XM radio, I am going to see if I can still get SIRIUS instead.

Sunroof, futuristic styling, storage, EVERYTHING about this cool car!