3000 mile update
By walter on
2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
After 3000 miles I am still amazed at the value this car represents. One online reviewer used the word “engaging”, and I can’t think of a better one. If you enjoy being totally engaged in the act of driving, you must have this car. It is quick, it handles very well, it has everything you could want as standard equipment, and even driving with right foot firmly planted on the accelerator we are getting 27 mpg in daily driving and 31 mpg on long trips. We have had only one warranty issue with the car; the dealer installed the 8 disc CD changer incorrectly. It was fixed in 15 minutes when we took it in to have it repaired.
Favorite Features
Our Si is my wife’s daily commuter car. We are so taken with it we are thinking about getting one for me next model year. Driving it on weekends is just not good enough for me!
Suggested Improvements
The car will move around more than you might care for in a strong cross wind. We have the body kit, which doesn’t help because it presents a greater surface area. If for any reason you let go of the steering wheel during cornering, it is going to violently snap back toward center.