Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Cool Car
By Coupe man

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had many Hondas, but I am especially pleased with my new silver Coupe EX. I just got it last week. It is cutting edge inside and out, fun to drive, and a great value. I got mine for only $17k plus destination charge and it is loaded with features. It looks, feels and drives like a car that would cost a lot more. Add to that the fact it delivers outstanding MPG. Honda wins again!

Favorite Features

The sleek exterior and futuristic interior. I like the blue gauges and ambient lighting with my car's black interior. The two tier design works well. The stereo is killer and has an iPod jack.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to think of anything major, although the steep drop-off of the front takes some getting used to when parking. Also, I think they could have sprung for a lighted glove box. Other than that - nothing so far.

High Class Car for Entry Level Price
By Ed Cohen

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car cost the same amount of money as the `01 Civic LX it replaced. It's a much improved and upgraded car. Many of its features--i.e. anti-lock brakes, theft alarm, etc.--were only on the EX in the earlier generation. Any less- expensive-to-buy current car comes with fuel efficiency or depreciation draw- backs that make the cost of ownership more. I am amazed that this refined, good-performing car is the cheapest.

Favorite Features

Pretty styling. Center console with plenty of miscellaneous storage space. The increased width over the earlier car does contribute to comfort. I appreciate being allowed to choose steel wheels with bolt-on covers, and drum brakes in the rear. Those are still the right choice for everyday driving.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat headroom insufficient. The AT model does not need a huge tachometer dominating the dash, as it does in this car.

arjmd's Honda
By arjmd

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Good looking, handles well. The stereo would be hard to beat. Easy to park. Easy to insure

Favorite Features

Transmission, stereo, headroom

Suggested Improvements

hemi

Totally Awesome!!!
By Dana

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First, I would like to say that I can not believe that I am in a Civic. I had owned a 96 Civic, before I just purchased the Lx 06 Civic, and it is totally redesigned in a classy way. It handles the road so smooth, and so much fun to drive. The price is just right for all the things that you get. I can see why it was voted Motor Trend car of the year!!

Favorite Features

My favorite features, are the digital speedometer. The backround lighting of the panel instruments, and also on the audio you can type in anything that you want in this little screen that says "welcome"

Suggested Improvements

NO IMPROVEMENTS. The Japanese have done it again!!

Best Little Car Out There
By HUSKER JIM

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a big guy, 6' 290lbs. This doesn't feel like a small car, but more like a rocketship! I don't feel cramped with plenty of leg, hip, and because of tilt/telescopic steering enough belly room. This is the most responsive car I have ever driven. Touch the gas and hold on! The steering is tight and precise. The brakes are fantastic. When I get up in the morning I can't wait to hit traffic. The dash layout is impressive the dual dispaly upper shows speed, temp and fuel and makes it easy to see while keeping your eyes on the road. Over all this is probably the best vehicle (out of 8 new cars) I have owned. This car isn't a home run but a Grand Slam.

Favorite Features

Dual dash, layout of all controls exceptionaly well planned. Steering, and performance, and tilt/telescopic steering.

Suggested Improvements

The rear side window/pillar creat a terrible blind spot. Replace flat glass with concave glass to give better field of view.