Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Buy It
By Dave

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car. I get a huge grin on my face every time I get in. I researched for months and finally decided that this was what I wanted. I have not regretted that decision for a moment. This car is sleek, fun to drive, and much more upscale than people would imagine a Civic to be. All of my friends continue to tell me how much they like it. In this price range it is really unbeatable. The sound system is amazing. My friend has a G35 with a Bose system that can't touch mine. One of the main reasons that I decided on the Honda was reliability. Every Honda my family has ever had has been wonderful. Buy It!

Fun to Drive, Gas Mileage, Ipod Jack, Sound System

Some blind spots, hard to get into the back seat from the drivers side

Cool Car
By Coupe man

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had many Hondas, but I am especially pleased with my new silver Coupe EX. I just got it last week. It is cutting edge inside and out, fun to drive, and a great value. I got mine for only $17k plus destination charge and it is loaded with features. It looks, feels and drives like a car that would cost a lot more. Add to that the fact it delivers outstanding MPG. Honda wins again!

The sleek exterior and futuristic interior. I like the blue gauges and ambient lighting with my car's black interior. The two tier design works well. The stereo is killer and has an iPod jack.

Hard to think of anything major, although the steep drop-off of the front takes some getting used to when parking. Also, I think they could have sprung for a lighted glove box. Other than that - nothing so far.

High Class Car for Entry Level Price
By Ed Cohen

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car cost the same amount of money as the `01 Civic LX it replaced. It's a much improved and upgraded car. Many of its features--i.e. anti-lock brakes, theft alarm, etc.--were only on the EX in the earlier generation. Any less- expensive-to-buy current car comes with fuel efficiency or depreciation draw- backs that make the cost of ownership more. I am amazed that this refined, good-performing car is the cheapest.

Pretty styling. Center console with plenty of miscellaneous storage space. The increased width over the earlier car does contribute to comfort. I appreciate being allowed to choose steel wheels with bolt-on covers, and drum brakes in the rear. Those are still the right choice for everyday driving.

Rear seat headroom insufficient. The AT model does not need a huge tachometer dominating the dash, as it does in this car.

arjmd's Honda
By arjmd

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Good looking, handles well. The stereo would be hard to beat. Easy to park. Easy to insure

Transmission, stereo, headroom

hemi

Totally Awesome!!!
By Dana

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First, I would like to say that I can not believe that I am in a Civic. I had owned a 96 Civic, before I just purchased the Lx 06 Civic, and it is totally redesigned in a classy way. It handles the road so smooth, and so much fun to drive. The price is just right for all the things that you get. I can see why it was voted Motor Trend car of the year!!

My favorite features, are the digital speedometer. The backround lighting of the panel instruments, and also on the audio you can type in anything that you want in this little screen that says "welcome"

NO IMPROVEMENTS. The Japanese have done it again!!