2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Cracked Engine Block
By stp44122 on 09/24/09 05:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This WAS a fun car to own, but I'm not buying another Honda. I've had this since January 2006 putting 71,000 miles (95% highway) on the vehicle. I followed all oil changes, all servicing AT THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT THE VEHICLE. There is a TSB, 08-044 where they admit that all 2006, 2007, 2008 Civic Sedans have this design or casting flaw AND YOUR ENGINE WILL CRACK! It's just a matter of time. Hopefully it will be during the warranty (as most have been), and you'll get your engine replaced. If not, you're in my boat, called the DOT, State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, and Honda trying to get their design or casting flaw fixed. I've never had to replace a Toyota engine.

It's a Lemon - Many Parts Have Failed
By JohnnyM on 09/09/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Many parts failed: rear wheel bearings- 28K; rear shocks-38K; A/C compressor- 15K; now, front strut-55K; horn-56K; Nav system--stopped working for 1 day, came back the next (54K); visors, break-3X (told they weren't made for Arizona)-15K,34K, 51K; cruise control- often won't engage (told that brake pedal part fails, so "just push down hard on brake" - 39K); ft. brake calibers-defect (22K); recall-starter- fire danger-40K. Honda North America will not stand behind product -says " "...it's too bad...not our problem, it's yours." This is our 3rd Honda, 2nd Civic - never had any real problems until this. Car REALLY slow from start, but then ok; 4-wheel disk brakes shudder and under-responsive.

Comfortable, Quick, Great MPG!
By Greg on 07/25/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2001 Accord with the 2006 Civic looking for better MPG and handling; I got what I was looking for! It was a strange looking car at the time but since then more and more cars have the bullet shaped frame.

Saved My Life!
By Jennifer on 07/23/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Honda Civic and drove it for 2 1/2 years. LOVED it! Smooth, has great power, comfortable, perfect size. In August of 2008 I was rear ended in the fast lane of a 4-lane freeway. I was struck so hard my car flew sideways into the next lane where my drivers side door slammed into the back end of another car at a 90 degree angle. I then flew across 2 more lanes of traffic, up the embankment and into the scrub trees. I walked away with a bruised arm and a cracked rib. No whiplash, no serious broken bones. My car was totaled, but I found had retained 100% of it's value! His insurance gave me exactly what I'd paid for it 2 1/2 years earlier! I went out and bought a 2008 Honda Civic!

I miss my '96 Accord
By grace2007 on 07/13/09 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Civic because it was close in size to my '96 Accord and the price was right. I didn't realize that squirrels find my wiring harness so tasty and I've had to spend over $500 repairing. I asked if there is anything that can be done to protect the wiring harness. Nope. Evidently they like the foam that surrounds it. At 34k I need a real ABS sensor and was told it was covered under warranty. Went to pickup the car and had to pay for it in order to get my car back. I have loved Honda's but they need to get a 10yr 100000k warranty. Next time I will look at a Hyundai. One more thing...the dash and glove box rattles terrible. No fix for that either.

Civic
By me on 07/02/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very pleased with my Civic. Alot of people hate the interior but I enjoy the futuristic looks. The seats are very sturdy and comfortable, although the plastic and paint is like many said cheap and scratches easily. Sunroof, Ipod hookup, multiple airbags, digital speedometer have all been nice features. This car does get excellent gas mileage BUT at a price for power... very very poor passing power on 2 lane roads. With all that said it has been a very reliable car, just the normal wear and tear upkeep.

Good Transportation
By D Hare on 04/26/09 15:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

RATING 3/4 of 5 - DX-G, MAN. TRANS., CANADA BUILT, 27K MILES. Overall a good/very good car for city/highway driving. PLUS: Styling, Fuel Efficiency, Maintenance/Reliability, Road Feel/Turning, Drives Straight, No Vibration, Starts at - 45! Great for shorter drivers, Fun 2 Drive. MINUS: Fit & Finish - paint, plastics used (scratches easily), Some parts slightly misaligned, Front end is low to ground; some people may have difficulty entering/exiting car; if not aware, may easily hit concrete barriers while parking, trunk space good for small jobs, Suspension has started to squeak over small bumps, Factory tires will need to be replaced due to softer factory tires.

low cost of ownership
By AM on 03/25/09 09:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've got 65K miles on it & I've had to spend only about $1000 in 3 1/2 years (set of new tires, replace front brakes & coolant service) besides regular oil changes at 5-6K intervals.

Honda Interior
By Hondared2006 on 03/20/09 02:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Major problems with interior and trim, panels on inside of car by roof and window. Honda had to re built a major engine part. When car was 2 years out of warranty. For the most the car is outstanding on gas. Handles and drives great. Lots of room in trunk. Comfortable! I just wish the interior was a little better.

O say can you see?
By carcare on 03/18/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am surprised that I have not read more about the visibility problems with this car! I only have one bumper left without a scratch. You can not see the front of the car at all and the back is not much better. The car is also very low to the ground making it awkward to get in and out of. I love the gas mileage, the interior design but hate the visibility problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.