Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civil Civic
By tap

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a fuel efficient vehicle after my 99 Passat Wagon was stolen. I test drove the full line of Hyundais, Toyota Corolla and Matrix, Mazda 3 sedan and wagon, VW passat Wagon. Based on performance, fuel economy, styling and handling I chose the 2 door Honda Civic. It does not handle and is not as quick as my 99 1.8T Passat but it does get 10 more mpgs. I prefer a manual in a small engine vehicle as I find it to be quicker and more responsive. This was true of all the vehicles I test drove except the Hyundai Azera and V6 Sonata which are a different class of vehicle. Two negatives are the beeping that goes off once the seat belt is released and the clock is not visible with sun glasses.

The Civic handles well reminds me of my 61 Porsche. The cockpit is cozy. My wife said it's like a spaceship. The 5 speed is quick and easy going from one gear to another. Cruise control is simple as well as all the other features-AC, radio, cd, wipers , lights etc.

The clock and radio display needs to be visible when wearing sun glasses. Here in Phoenix, Az. sun glasses are a must during the day. No other suggestions

Honda Slips
By limee

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Honda and have noticed with each one the build quality has deteriorated and problems have increased. This one immediately had creaking and groaning noises from the rear passengers side and has been in the shop twice and am awaiting a faulty shock. The build quality is severely lacking from my first 'tight' Honda with ill fitting plastics and overspray inside the doors and boot and just generally lacking.

Design and look of the vehicle. Tight steering and silky smooth box. It's quiet at speed. Great fuel economy which was a major selling point. I really like the dash design and blue hue lighting. Looks good in Royal blue pearl

Better quality fit and finish. Sound system is weak with little depth. Useless and unreadable radio display during daylight hours. 6 speed manual would be even better. A litle more head room. Lumbar support, auto dimming rearview mirror as standard.

what I think
By tom c

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been reading a lot of reviews things I notice is the car does rattle, that is because if you have anything in the glovebox or in the trunk it will rattle inside with the cheap plastic. Car looks nice, but overpriced for compact car. Price in the entry midsize range. This car is begging to be a sports car, but it's economy roots with is tiny 1.8 is evident, thus good gas mileage. So if you want so so power with good mileage civic is for you, if you prefer a faster car get something else and give up a few mpgs.

Good gas mileage not great. Seat comfort is good for small car peppy at higher rpms

New car should not squeak and rattle, put real antenna on car, am fm radio is muffled.

Not just for kids anymore!
By Jim W in Houston

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I always thought of Civic as a tuner's dream car but not much else. Wow! Have I changed my mind. The new Civic coupe is a well appointed, sporty car that fits a six footer in his forties just fine. The car is nice with the auto trans but is simply a blast with the 5 speed. Handling and braking are more like a sports car than I expected yet its quite comfortable to drive as well. The interior is nothing less than brilliant! Everything from cup holders to the sun roof reflects thoughtful engineering. My Lincoln-driving wife is jealous of the features on this car. Finally, as a life long musician, its nice to finally hear a factory car stereo worth keeping. 38 MPG brings a smile too!

Great MPG, Fun-to-drive... no econo-box here! Exceptional build quality, innovative and well designed interior.

A bit more sound insulation in the floor to cut down on road noise.

Still love this car!
By Lynn

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

At 10,000 miles I still love my Civic. Getting 36 mpg (34 when new) and the gas mileage keeps improving! Quiet engine. No squeaks, leaks or rattles. It was bought to replace an Acura Integra and it is hard to believe this is an economy car! This is also the most comfortable car I've ever owned. Overall it seems to get better as it breaks in, or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Dashboard, styling, Tight steering, comfort, mileage.

Less tire noise. Better radio.