2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Hits Home run with Civic
By Evan Wagner on 11/05/05 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great commuter car for 2 people, I wouldn't want to spend much time in the back seat. 42.2 mpg on my 2nd tank on the interstate. At 75mph the engine turns only 2500rpm and is pretty quiet - it's a Civic, not a Mercedes. Cool redesign put it at the top of my list which included Toyota, Hyundai, VW and Scion. Vision out the right side and back isin't great.. The 2 tier instrument panel is fine. Engine is pretty peppy considering the gas mileage plus the automatic transmission is very smooth.. They'll sell every one they can make.

Is this really a Civic?
By chill5466 on 11/01/05 14:11 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Wow! What a car!! Has the feel and look of a sports car and the price tag of an economy car. I am 6'3 and have plenty of room (head and leg) and could not fit in the Mazda 3. The car handles well and has plenty of pick up for its size. Navigation and XM are great. Fuel economy speaks for itself. This car is a blast to drive. I tested many and still cant believe this is a Civic!! This car turns heads with its new styling and people have commented that it doesnt look like a Honda. I dumped a Nissan Pathfinder for this and have no regrets.

2006 Civic
By ndtorrez on 10/31/05 15:55 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car about two weeks and I love it! The nighthawk black with blue pearl is an awesome color! Drives well and looks better! I would recommend the 2006 Civic to anyone!

Almost All Good Feelings
By mielejd on 10/29/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I.m writing this with about 500 miles on it. Feels solid, well built, yet nimble enough for point-and-shoot driving. You don't drive this car, you wear it. It fits very well! Love the intelligent automatic that holds a higher gear when running downhill. Engine and trans are well-mated. Shifts are seamless and go unoticed. Even when revving hard, motor doesn't sound strained. All-wheel disc brakes work very well, but are difficult to modulate. They bite hard with the slightest touch. Knobs and buttons well located, easy to use with a rich feel. I'm 5'10", 170lbs and I can sit comfortably and well-positioned relative to steering, pedals, and other controls. My teenager and I love this car!

Enjoy the driveability
By David Caldwell on 10/26/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the new Civic so far. Only one problem, the SRS restraint warning light stays on about 1 out of every 5 trips. Took it to dealer and diagnostic codes were not downloaded on tester yet, so I am not sure why this happens intermitently. Probably just a false warning light. We will see.

Great little car
By Denessa on 10/24/05 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda purchase. I was looking for good gas mileage & a fun car. The price was excellent and the gas mileage is even better. The 2006 Honda Civic EX 2 door coupe handles well and drives very good & smooth, the trunk space is spacious for a small car. I plan on keeping it as a starter car for my 13 year old.

06 Civic
By Shannon on 10/24/05 02:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car! The dash is a little much but you get used to it. I love the exterior design and smooth handling. Definitely worth the money, not to mention to huge savings at the pump.

My new Spaceship
By monster on 10/22/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have done my research and it paid off. Everything about it is so different from any other car out there! Safety features are outstanding for a car in this class. I can't say enough about this car. I am 6'1 and fit in the car perfectly. as long as nobody plans to sit behind me.

Finally the Civic of Dreams is here!
By Frisco on 10/19/05 02:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just recently purchased the '06 Civic EX coupe 5 speed Auto w/o Navi. This car rocks! Handling is amazing, so much fun to drive. The interior is packed full of ergonomic features. The exterior is stylish and modern. The car's wider base gives it a heavier feel and makes it seem like the vehicle hovers over the road. Love the 2 level instrumental panel display. I like seeing the speedometer reading with my peripheral vision. The seats offer great lumbar support for those long drives. I had friends ride in the back seat and they said that the ride was comfortable and smooth. This awesome, new and much improved Civic can do no wrong & to think I was going to buy a Scion Tc!

Awesome Car Couldn't Ask For Better
By Park on 10/17/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car! I've had it for a few days now and LOVE the new interior design. I bought the manual because I didn't care for the lack of power of the older model auto Civic Coups and I'm certain I made the right decision. There is plenty of get-up-and-go. Cornering is excellent and steering is very tight. Though odd, the most notable improvement I noticed immediately is the design of the cup holders. I can't count the number of times my drink has fallen out of the cup holders in my older Honda. The new one has spring loaded bars that hold your cup in tightly. The 2 power outlets are nice if you have need of them. Trunk is very roomy. I'm 6'2" and there is plenty of room for me!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.