2006 HCH II
By 06 HCH II on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I drive about 160 miles/day - 5 days/week. I went from 18 mpg in my SUV to low/mid 40 mpg. Not the 50 mpg, but I do drive about 75% on the highway, where I am driving between 75 to 80 mph, so I am very satisfied with the fuel economy. It does drive like a regular car - Plenty of power to pass as well (I've gotten up to 95 to pass trucks). A little disappointed with the fit on some interior pieces as well as cracking from the front passenger speaker but all that will get taken care of at my first oil change. I don't think at the current prices the Hybrid premium can be cost justified (especially compared to an LX or DX) but I got it at an even trade for my full size pickup (15 mpg).
Favorite Features
Fuel economy - I'm saving 4-5 gallons/day, tank range - I can go almost 500 miles/tank, handles much better than the Prius and it's quieter than the Prius, looks and drives like a regular car
Suggested Improvements
Radio reception is poor, surprised by a couple of poor fitting interior pieces, better interior color choices, the hybrid premium is too high compared to an LX and of course wish there was a folding rear seat.