2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
The Best
By fry fry on 12/18/05 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has everything you'll ever need! Drives smooth, has excellant audio system, handles like a race car, and is very comfortable in the front and rear seats. Excellant on gas which is important nowadays. I highly recommend this car for anyone looking for a great value and trouble free ownership, also for anyone looking for a good time!

better, but not best
By robert loan on 12/17/05 19:38 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was happy to find out that Honda was going to put a navigation system in the civic like mazda does in the 3. Honda does have the best nav systems out there, but they cut corners on this one! No xm radio, no 350 watts and where is the fuel economy read-out like on the accord? They did not put it there because the car drinks fuel at a rate never seen before on a civic. 24 miles per gallon? I got 35 on my 2004 ex! Maby it will get better, but it is very bad right now, not 30/38 or anywhere near!

The Future Is Here....
By MikeT on 12/16/05 11:12 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an Atomic Blue Civic coupe a week ago, and it's been a fantastic ride--very smooth, well equipped for the price, roomy, great mileage, and a pleasure to drive. Some reviews complain about the dash design, but it feels very natural, like a heads-up- display on a fighter. Hopefully this style catches on. I've gotten nothing but complements on this vehicle. It looks like it belongs in a sci-fi movie, and I'm looking forward to many good years with this vehicle.

The most fun yet !
By diabless55 on 12/06/05 22:44 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third new Honda Civic and it is by far the most amazing to drive. The suspension has been totally changed and feels just like a luxury car. The transmission is flawless and the handling is perfect. The interior is quite nice but the dashboard is truly awesome and very unique. Curtain side airbags are one of the reasons why I chose the Civic over the Mazda 3.

New Civic Coupe EX
By CRM on 12/03/05 11:29 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just got the new Civic coupe over the Renault Megane 3 weeks ago and the car is very handsome. It have a very good ride, I like its firm suspension but the tires that come in the mexican version (goodyear) doesn´t have very good grip the ABS kicks in very easily and tend to slip in high speed cornering. The brake pedal feeling is puffy at first then the brakes bites in no time they are difficult to modulate.

Completely Satisfied
By HappyHondaOwner on 12/02/05 22:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new civic. I get so many compliments on it and people staring while I'm on the road. Most people think its the accord. I like how the dash is angled toward the driver and the dash is like no other car out there. Initially I wanted navigation but the system looked too plain for the bright new dash and stereo system. Every 1 out of 5 times the SRS light comes on and I found(owners manual) it happens when my foot hits a sensor while getting into the car.At first I had a problem with the stereo (scrambled letters numbers & wouldn't play) when I changed from MP3 CD to regular CD. I had a 98 civic EX before this one & the only problem I ever had w/ it was the window came off track.

2006 Honda Civic Coupe
By John Quinlan on 12/01/05 09:37 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Problems: Air bag light problem; light stays on when car is turned off for five minutes and then restarted. Need to replace module. Serious static from radio when rear window defroster is activated, unless radio station is very nearby. Hesitatioin when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Otherwise, love the car!

Excellent car! Should be an Acura.
By Dan on 11/26/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It's a fuel efficient cheap to maintain econobox....without the look and feel of one. The styling looks like it should be carrying the more upscale Acura name rather then Honda. It has more of a bigger car feel inside rather then the typical cramped econobox feel with tiny cheap feeling controls. Same goes for the driving feel. While small and responsive, it has a bigger heavier car feel while cruising down the road and going over bumps, etc. It's not the typical loud, light, and easily blown around feel of other subcompacts. The engine has enough power to move it along very comfortably and you cant argue with 30/40mpg. This is what every small economy car should be.

The New 2006 Civic Coupe EX Rocks!
By socalisa on 11/26/05 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a gas guzzling Nissan Xterra for the more fuel efficient Civic. The car handles superbly, has incredible acceleration for a 4 cyl. engine, and looks exceptionally sporty, to boot. The interior is comfortable and roomy and has the feel of a much pricier car. While I've yet to get that 40 MPG freeway (I drive 80 MPH on average), I am getting approx. 34 miles/gallon. Beats the 14 I was getting out of the Xterra. The only problem I've had with the car was a blown fuse that controlled the dome, map, and trunk lights, but that was easily repaired. I highly recommend this car!

HONDA CIVIC 2006
By BOB JERGER on 11/24/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

A lot of fun to drive since the initial test drive. Love the small steering wheel and digital dash. Have had it only a month but have over 2,000 miles on it already. Love the styling and color (blue metallic). Changes color in different lighting. A few minor problems I have are the seat belts are a reach, wish both doors would open when you put it in park and the false advertisement of "XM" ready radio. The dealer said it would be $800.00 to install the XM. Were hoping to get the family pack and put it in my civic and sons car at 6.95 per month but not at that cost. Other then that great to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.