2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic Hybrid is a Solid Saver!
By Dave on 09/01/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I put my deposit down the week after Katrina seeing the price of gas escalate. I traded my smaller SUV because I'm just more of a frugle type of person. The CivicH (like all hybrids) rewards those that will adapt their driving style to the strengths of the car. It always has power to pass reasonably, you just will pay in average gas mileage if you using the power a lot. No big surprise there. Even in the Northeast my lifetime average mileage is ~50 flat. In winter, it's 42-46 (short drive to work) and in summer it's about 56-58. It has been totally reliable and handles my family of 4 with ease. Just plain an excellent Honda with a gas mileage advantage.

Bad Design for a Hybrid vehicle
By david384 on 08/10/08 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am traveling salesmen. I drive 40K miles per year. So, I figured I would help mother earth and my pocket book. Bought a used HCH hybrid. Great car I thought. When I purchased this car, I was getting 47+ MPG. I have owned for 8 months, and then all the sudden my MPG goes to 36 MPG. I take to dealer and they tell me it is the heat. Well I have driven this car 26K miles in the past 8 months. I told them it was funny that it worked fine, and then all the sudden crappie MPG. They said that the heat or a bad battery was the problem. Ask them is their a test for the battery? Answer No! Seems funny they can tell me the IMA is fine, but they can not tell me the battery has a bad cell.

Excellent economy
By Jerund on 07/20/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are typically getting 48 mpg during the summer, with air conditioning on, and about 45 in the winter in Rochester NY. On top of that, while not peppy, the car can work into traffic without fear, and we've used it on vacation with two other people and luggage in the car. My only complaint is when it drops gear while climbing hills on cruise and revs too high. Built very solid, best door thud of any car we've owned, and has been no trouble at all, aside from one recall notice, covered while in for an oil change. Also, oil is changed by indicator, not by miles, which for us is about 10 months. Shopping now for another Civic, a coupe this time.

Hybrid 2006 Civic
By Robin Fiedler on 06/10/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best investment I have ever made. With today's gas prices, I feel smart.

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L
By 2006 Honda Civic Hyb on 05/05/08 00:26 AM (PDT)

This performs well and has good interior & exterior styling & solid build quality. My wife had to have it and it has been an outstanding purchase. We purchased the 7 year 120,000 extended warranty for $1200 and probably won't need it. Excellent MPG and reliable. I have used Amsoil 0- 20 SYN oil and the mileage has been excellent. Fun to drive and will keep this one for a long time. 23000 miles with no problems.

Cool Car
By kurt on 11/07/07 15:40 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car off a private party mainly because of the carpool lane stickers it had. We live in CA, and these are like gold; the state hasn't issued anymore for this year so if you buy new you aren't guaranteed a sticker. Anyway, we also got the car for it's fuel efficiency; we average about 38-40 mpg in combined city/highway driving. The Prius gets better mileage due to its increased reliance on the electric motor, but I think the Honda looks better and is actually quite fun to drive. We added an Eclipse navigation w/upgraded stereo receiver that rocks. We also tinted the windows to keep it cooler in the summer (and it looks cool too!) For a small car, has a decent amount of room.

Civic Hybrid
By Jack McCormack on 08/15/07 18:00 PM (PDT)

I have taken this car on two long mileage trips. The highest hiway mileage I received was 55.8 and the lowest on the road was 47.9. It was fun to drive, handled very nicely.

Terrible MPG for short commutes
By Disappointed on 06/11/07 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very disappointed with 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid fuel efficiency. During past winter (2006-07) only got 22-26 mpg! Drove only for short commutes. The HCH gets nowhere near the estimated EPA MPG when used for short commutes, especially during the winter. The brakes slip very slightly when car is stopping.

I love my Honda
By R. Senex on 06/06/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I can tell you that the hybrid gets excellent mileage if you slow down just a little. I drove a 625 mile trip and on the way there I drove 78 miles per hour and got 37 mpg and on the way back I dropped my speed to 68 and got 42 MPG. I love to drive this car in traffic, it gets around smoothly. Only complaint I have is the parking brake lever hits my leg when driving. I am over 6 feet tall and that lever gets annoying, but if you were shorter it would be fine.

Love it
By Jaime on 05/07/07 06:28 AM (PDT)

Like all Honda's, my Civic Hybird has proven both fun and reliable. Its engine is both smooth and Peppy. Fit and finish is top notch. I have averaged about 41 MPG, which is way above the curve for most cars, but way below the rating on the sticker. I love it anyway. I would recommend it to all who ask.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.