Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I Think I'm a Honda Person Now
By mwallace

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It took about two months to take delivery of my new car and I've had it for a little less than a month. I have about 1000 miles and have gotten better gas mileage with each fill-up (about 35mpg). I love how tight and responsive the car is. It does vibrate a little bit, but not unreasonably. The acceleration is better that the 2003 Mazda6 I traded it in for and I LOVE the design, inside and out. It is also very comfortable. My mother and I bought the exact car (-color), she got hers 1st, then I got mine 3 months later. I thought I wanted a bigger car, possibly a SUV, but I am so happy with my decision. My expenses went down on all counts except insurance which went up about $15 per month.

Favorite Features

Responsiveness, acceleration, excellent gas mileage, design, stereo, comfortable ride and seats.

Suggested Improvements

A little less vibration and more sound deadening to limit road noise (wind noise is fine).

A "Solid" Economy Car
By Pat

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1995 Civic EX w/manual for 11 yrs. prior to this new one. It's amazing what 11 yrs.of engineering will do to a car! My new Civic awesome! From the interior/exterior design, to the build quality. In the interior, everything was well-thought out; all is where it should be, withing easy reach and logically located. The build quality is comparable to higher-end cars. When I close the door, it closes with a reassuring "thunk", at the same time incubating the occupants from outside noise. It's not "vault-like quiet", but it is definitely quiet in there. Everything else from the powerful and clear stereo to the ever-so-frigid air conditioning system work extremely well.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the car are many. But if I had to narrow it down to a few, I would have to say the power windows and moonroof, with their auto open/close feature make life very convenient in this car. And also the 5-speed manual: it's surprisingly crisp and shifts accurately.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggested improvement would be for the headrest to be adjustable. Currently, it has a rather high degree of forward angle which doesn't allow me to adjust the seatback to a more upright position than I would prefer. I have to recline it further back, but it is still quite comfortable.

Great All around car
By Alan

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought 2 new hondas the same day I bought the civic her the fit sport we love the honda reliability she had a crv for nine years virtualy trouble free. the civic seemed like a good choice for me because of reliability, fuel economy and nice styling inside and out.

Favorite Features

Interior styling, awesome cupholders great gas mileage decent stereo I added a subwoofer also

Suggested Improvements

The tires are way too noisy and plastic hubaps on the lx model seems way to cheap for an almost 18000 dollar civc

They don't make 'em like they used to
By fjmneworleans

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had to bring it in to the dealer 5xs for defects. Received the car with a scratched lense on the tachometer (from the inside). The back windshield would pop-out whenever I closed the back door. The seat belt sensor on the passenger side was defective and they had to change a computer in the dashboard. They recalled it because the accelator woudl get stuck, and NOW the passenger door handle came off when simply opening the door.(I never even use that side).

Favorite Features

The design, and dashboard design.

Suggested Improvements

No light colored floor carpets even on the ivory colored interior. You could easily use a gray or tan color, which would hold up better.

Best Honda Yet
By szq1977

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third car from the Honda/Acura family, and this is by far the best. The interior was so well thought out and is good quality as well. I love all the features that come standard with the EX model that you would have to pay extra for with other cars! It is so much fun to drive, I don't mind going on long trips anymore! :)

Favorite Features

Interior engineering (love the speed/gas/temperature gauge). The stereo is great and I love being able to connect my iPod!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing