2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Green Machine
By HappyHybrid on 02/06/06 14:15 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2006 Civic Hybrid in early January and have put about 1000 miles on it to date over about 60% city (30- 40mph) and 40% rural highway (70+mph). I have averaged 44.6 MPG so far, but this would be higher without the highway mileage. After I learned how to use the IMA for optimal mileage, those 35-40 mph arterial streets really bump up the average. The CVT takes a little getting used to, but seems to be a good system. I actually like the dashboard arrangement-- the placement of the gauges makes sense to me. The seats are not the most comfortable, but my last car had cushy leather so it's probably just me. Headroom and legroom are no prob for me (I'm 6'3"). So far, fun car.

Love my 06 Civic hybrid!
By John on 02/05/06 01:16 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In the low 30's (cold N.E.) I am getting 45 mpg on my first 4 fill ups!! At 60 mph I get 52+ mpg in relatively flat terrain. I love my 8 gallon fillups after travelling 380 miles. I love the handling, climate control and all the air bags. Go Honda!!!!!

Car of the year
By RICHM on 02/03/06 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fantastic, fun car to drive--have owned suv's for years, gas was driving me to the poor house on these vehicles, not on my honda hybrid, averaging 49 mpg,yeah!

Awesome Car, but good thing its a Honda..
By wendtsc on 02/01/06 02:20 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car, but... There have been two things about it that have me concerned about down the road. One, the fuel economy has been in the low 30's! This is even driving at an avg of 30 to 40 mph. I know they are suppose to get better after the break in, but I have never had a car that got 45% below the sticker ECONOMY! Two, the check engine light comes on randomly, and when I take it in to the dealer, no one knows what the engine error code means. I felt sorry for the dealer. They called Honda repeatedly over two days and no one at the factory knew anything about the '06s. So, they just clear the error. Unfortunately, the lemmon law doesn't protect against poor mileage or performance.

Hybrid Newbie
By ZZach on 01/29/06 12:28 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first hybrid vehicle I've ever owned. I was contemplating purchasing the non-hybrid Civic with navigation, but after driving the hybrid I was sold on it. So far I'm averaging about 43 MPG doing only city driving, I'm anxious to do a highway trip to see what kind of mileage I get. This is my second Honda vehicle and Iíve been impressed with the quality for the price. The hybrid has been fun to drive and I only have fill up every third week rather than weekly doing the same amount of miles.

Suzi's Hybrid
By suz on 01/28/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only owned my Civic Hybrid for abaout a week. I am very impressed with the comfort and the ride that it gives for a compact car. The drive is smooth and the interior room is quite surprising. The layout of the instrument panel is effortless when driving. The stereo/sound system is above average. The visual appeal of the car is very pleasing...it is simply fun to drive! I have been extremely impressed with the mileage so far...averaging 45.25 mpg on my first tank and I anticipate this to go up as the engine is broken-in. I am in my care on average of about 3-4 hours a day. I couldn't be more pleased.

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Rocks
By Rick Cassoni on 01/27/06 22:21 PM (PST)

Excellent car. Hybrid, but feels and drives like normal car (compared to Prius). Highly recommend NAVI system ($1500), but well worth it. Started off with 44mpg, but after learning pulse & glide technique am now getting 51mpg. Greenhybrid dot com is a great site to learn about hybrids get reviews and real mpg vs what manufacturer thinks. Luckily Honda is pretty close if you drive easy. Enough power, but no Cobra Mustang. If you want to feel good (and green) and not sacrifice, I highly recommend Civic Hybrid. Only bone to pick with Honda is that I wish 2006 offered manual xmission. CVT is good, but always liked to pick the geat vs the xmission picking for me. Rick C

Worth the Wait
By L. Skvir on 01/26/06 21:56 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery two weeks ago on my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid after a two month wait. The car was worth the wait and then some. Compared to my spartan 5-speed 1995 Saturn with 225K miles on it, this is the automotive equivalent of man discovering fire. In my first 950 miles of daily commuting and business use I have averaged a very respectable 47.2 mpg. The car is solid and responsive and has the feel of a more expensive car. Compared to some of the outrageous sticker prices on cars today, I feel like I've found a rare bottle of wine in the $5.00 bin. I'm looking forward to driving this car for years to come.

Hybrid Heaven
By Bob on 01/24/06 12:48 PM (PST)

Great car with lots of cool features. Voice activated nav, climate and radio controls. Performance is better than I expected and the mileage is in the mid to high 40's. The way it handles makes you feel connected to the vehicle and gives a sense of security on the road. Something I wish I could have felt when I test drove a Prius. Very happy with the Purchase and the professional manner In which I was treated at Gilroy Honda.

honda hybrid
By m wilson on 01/24/06 12:31 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car performs very good for the size of the motor. This car has a nice ride for its size.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.