Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Driving Green
By Bobbi on 03/12/06 08:38 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Second month driving new hybrid. Wanted to do my part in less fuel consumption and have had Hondas for years. Am really pleased thus far with all aspects. Fuel economy continues to improve with miles added. Not worried about resale but rest of my cars has sold well!

Smartest Car EVER
By C. Randall on 03/10/06 07:04 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving this car for a couple of days, I found myself resenting my other car for burning gas while sitting stopped at traffic lights. The performance, comfort, and quality are well above what you would expect from a car in this class. The navigation system includes an excellent voice- activated command system on par with cars in premium categories. Put your skepticism aside, indulge your curiosity, and go test-drive this car TODAY.

Great car
By Brad on 03/09/06 10:06 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought this car, it is an excellent car. Very logical design to the interior, I love the dash layout with the MPH, Fuel, and Instant MPH gauges right below the windshield

06 CIVIC HYBRID
By CHUCK on 03/07/06 20:29 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a fantastic car! This car has exceeded my expectations. I'm currently getting 47 mpg with 60% highway, 20% gridlock, and 20% boulevard stop & go traffic. (I use the instant MPG gage to get best mileage)

Worth a divorce!
By medicmike on 02/26/06 11:44 AM (PST)

After test-driving a Civic Hybrid my wife threatened to divorce me if I bought one--until she test drove it herself. We own this and an '06 Ridgeline. Love Hondas and as always the quality is superb. Mileage isn't quite as good (43-47 mpg average) with my lead foot but I actually prefer the acceleration and power of the hybrid to a regular EX. CVT trans is great and never loses power like a standard automatic at shift points, even at speed (I can pass at 70+mph w/o problems). No loss of space in the trunk or interior from batteries. Navi system is definitely worth the extra $$$ especially if you are directionally challenged. Be ready for lots of stares and questions from people!!

hybrid
By lstephanides on 02/22/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

one of the best cars i have ever owned. the gas mileage is excellent. wormanship is top notch. would like more comfort in seating and more cup holders.could be smoother sifting from auto stop.

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid
By Bill Trail on 02/21/06 22:24 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Drive it gently and hold your speed down to never more than 65 on any roadway including interstates (hard to do) and you will see mileage in the 60's and occasionally even slightly over 70. Honda, you did a wonderful job with this vehicle - but many are complaining about low mileage because they drive it like an Acura TL. I like to call my new driving style "Priest in a Funeral" - or PIF for short. I'm a happy camper. Design flaws? 1. Emergency brake handle placement 2. Sun visors that won't slide when moved to the side. 3. Gas overflow that spills directly on the left rear tire

Phoenix Civic
By Phoenix Civic on 02/19/06 22:51 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent car. Honda got it right with their redesign! Great normal Honda quality, ride, performance, etc.

Getting advertised mileage-excellent car
By tony56g on 02/13/06 11:59 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Recently purchased this vehicle, getting accustomed to the layout of the controls, Just by chance, I noticed that you are in electric mode at 1200 rpm, and 34-35 mph. You bump in and out of it, but I guess a lot is dependent on grade incline, accessories running etc. Can't complain about anything really, it's too new. I'm over 230 miles and still not at half a tank yet. The car really achieves economy, and is easier on the environment, as it turns of the engine at a stop. I Expect to achieve even better fuel economy after a couple of oil changes. Great handling, smart design, overall I'm quite satisfied. Hat's off to Honda Motors.It's nice to drive "past" a gas station for a change. Buy One.

great looks for a hybrid
By neilb on 02/10/06 13:50 PM (PST)

as hybrids go, this car is the best. the gas mileage is on par with its main competitor, the prius but the styling is much better in my estimation. the ride is smooth and surprisingly powerful. i have a six cylinder mercedes and somehow the super efficient 1.3 liter civic engine with hybrid electric motor assist can easily get up to highway speed quickly. the best however is the interior design. the car feels more normal on the inside than say the prius. the 06 dash is really cool looking and quite functional. standard on the hybrid civic are -get this- 6 airbags! finally, the hybrid civic is built in japan and is very tight and well crafted. i highly recommend this car to anyone.