Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Wanda's Honda Civic Hybrid Review
By Wanda Nagle

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had been checking out the new hybrids before my previous car need to be replaced. I felt that we should make a conscious effort to conserve fuel. My husband was totally against buying one because he did not feel the bugs were worked out of them. After a test drive (at my insistance) my husband and I were sold on the hybrid. The power and gas mileage were unbelieveable. We liked the size and design. The only thing missing was a sunroof for my husband. I don't need it. We have not had any problems and since we have purchased the Honda Civic, gas prices have skyrocketed and I am not afraid to take a trip or pull up to the gas pumps.

My favorite features are the navigation system and the awesome gas mileage.

The only improvements are a sunroof for my husband.

Love my civic hybrid
By mg

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have over 1,500 miles and I am now getting 50 to 53 MPG. I am also not using the air conditioner. The first several tanks of gas averaged 42 MPG while breaking in. During the recent heat wave my mileage dropped to 37 MPG because the "auto stop" would not function most of the time. I also used the air conditioner constantly. I stopped in at my Honda service desk and was told as soon as the heat improved my car would resume "auto stop". This was true. I still love my hybrid anyway.

Price, safety, gas savings,comfort, drive/ride, design.

I am concerned that the auto stop function does not work around 100 degree heat temperatures. I may be moving to Arizona.

Hybrid That Delivers
By XerEagle

I have owned the HCH for a month now and during that time I have driven over 2400 miles. It included a long weekend trip. The ride is comfortable and maintaining highway speed isn’t a problem. Gas mileage: 43.5mpg first tank of gas and after learning to drive the Hybrid my last tank netted me 52.7mpg. Note: I stayed in the 65 to 67mph range on the highways to net 52mpg. Normally, I can net 45mpg driving at higher highway speeds. The interior is comfortable, well designed, fit and finish is very good. Trunk space is good, although the rear seats don’t fold down. The navigation system is cool and you can adjust, search w/the voice recognition system.

Advanced IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) + i-VTEC system, Navigation system w/ voice control. Standard front air bags, side curtain air bags, along w/ side air bags for the front seats. ABS braking w/ Electronic Brake Distribution.

While quiet at speeds of <50mph, a little too much road noise at speeds over 60mph. The noise is not oppressive though and you can carry on a conversation. Active head restraints take a little getting use to since they angle forward.

Love my Civic Hybrid
By mg

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am breaking in and drive all city miles. I am averaging 42 MPG. I do not have to take my eyes off the road to see the large split digital speedometer. The leg/head room is great. The telescoping steering wheel gives even more room. Roomy for its size. Climate control is a plus. Backing up and parking is challenging because the aerodynamic design makes it impossible to see the front and back of the car. I would like to see backup and front cameras. The high windshield wipers are also obscuring the front bumper view. The drive/ride is great and the car is fun to drive. It hugs the road. Safety is a great plus as well. Many handy compartments. Trunk is nice height for unloading groceries.

Price, safety, side air bags, gas/emissions savings, fun, comfortable ride/suspension, locking gas tank latch, remote trunk opener, security system, split digital speedomoter, radio controls on steering wheel, gauges for average MPG use and needed oil change, storage compartments, heated mirrors.

Greater visibility to park and back up or the availabilty of reasonable front and back up cameras. A larger rear view mirror to eliminate usual blind spots. Vehicle Stability Control. Tire pressure monitor. Lower the windshield wipers. Fold down back seats in the hybrid. Eliminate antenna.

Ok-but expensive
By SPERK50286

Ok but only getting 40 mpg/ not worth the extra money hope for a big tax credit

Nav system is great

Too noisy better gas mileage