Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love my civic hybrid
By mg

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have over 1,500 miles and I am now getting 50 to 53 MPG. I am also not using the air conditioner. The first several tanks of gas averaged 42 MPG while breaking in. During the recent heat wave my mileage dropped to 37 MPG because the "auto stop" would not function most of the time. I also used the air conditioner constantly. I stopped in at my Honda service desk and was told as soon as the heat improved my car would resume "auto stop". This was true. I still love my hybrid anyway.

Price, safety, gas savings,comfort, drive/ride, design.

I am concerned that the auto stop function does not work around 100 degree heat temperatures. I may be moving to Arizona.

Hybrid That Delivers
By XerEagle

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the HCH for a month now and during that time I have driven over 2400 miles. It included a long weekend trip. The ride is comfortable and maintaining highway speed isnít a problem. Gas mileage: 43.5mpg first tank of gas and after learning to drive the Hybrid my last tank netted me 52.7mpg. Note: I stayed in the 65 to 67mph range on the highways to net 52mpg. Normally, I can net 45mpg driving at higher highway speeds. The interior is comfortable, well designed, fit and finish is very good. Trunk space is good, although the rear seats donít fold down. The navigation system is cool and you can adjust, search w/the voice recognition system.

Advanced IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) + i-VTEC system, Navigation system w/ voice control. Standard front air bags, side curtain air bags, along w/ side air bags for the front seats. ABS braking w/ Electronic Brake Distribution.

While quiet at speeds of <50mph, a little too much road noise at speeds over 60mph. The noise is not oppressive though and you can carry on a conversation. Active head restraints take a little getting use to since they angle forward.

Love my Civic Hybrid
By mg

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am breaking in and drive all city miles. I am averaging 42 MPG. I do not have to take my eyes off the road to see the large split digital speedometer. The leg/head room is great. The telescoping steering wheel gives even more room. Roomy for its size. Climate control is a plus. Backing up and parking is challenging because the aerodynamic design makes it impossible to see the front and back of the car. I would like to see backup and front cameras. The high windshield wipers are also obscuring the front bumper view. The drive/ride is great and the car is fun to drive. It hugs the road. Safety is a great plus as well. Many handy compartments. Trunk is nice height for unloading groceries.

Price, safety, side air bags, gas/emissions savings, fun, comfortable ride/suspension, locking gas tank latch, remote trunk opener, security system, split digital speedomoter, radio controls on steering wheel, gauges for average MPG use and needed oil change, storage compartments, heated mirrors.

Greater visibility to park and back up or the availabilty of reasonable front and back up cameras. A larger rear view mirror to eliminate usual blind spots. Vehicle Stability Control. Tire pressure monitor. Lower the windshield wipers. Fold down back seats in the hybrid. Eliminate antenna.

Ok-but expensive
By SPERK50286

Ok but only getting 40 mpg/ not worth the extra money hope for a big tax credit

Nav system is great

Too noisy better gas mileage

Hi Tech /Gas Saver
By Donald

I am a much better driver because of the MPG gauge. By constantly trying to improve my gas mileage, I drive slower and much more economically. I have avoided several accidents because I was driving more cautiously. The navigation system is excellent! I have made several trips to new destinations, the directions given to me audibly and on the screen were perfect! The stereo sounds very good for a stock unit and the seats are very comfortable. People are always gazing at the car and asking me questions. The big question is "how is the gas mileage" and I am pleased to say that I am averaging over 47 MPG in mainly stop and go traffic.

The navigation system, the MPG gauge, the digital dashboard, the cupholders, the front passenger arm rest. Plenty of head room and leg room. I am 5' 10". The climate control.

Rain comes pouring in when you leave the windows cracked. Rear seats do not fold down because of battery storage under rear seats