Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good so far
By sal

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got 41 mpg on first tank of gas. I suspect that will go up slightly as car gets broken in. I don't know why some people complain about not getting 50 mpg. Those estimates are under ideal situations. You never can replicate those conditions exactly. Interior quality is very good, car is quiet , low road noise. Generous legroom and headroom (I'm 6'2"). Acceleration from standstill isn't great, but once it gets going it does well. Going up on hills is fine, because the battery assists the motor. Overall I'm happy

MP3 plug, side curtain airbags, nice blue instrument illumination

Headlights are too low on hood. Doesn't illuminate a very far distance on dark roads.

Fantastic - exceeds expectations
By sketcher

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Been a Honda owner in the past (kept both for over 7 years), so expected quality. But did not expect how much I love the car - inside and out. The dash is not only fun, but user friendly, simple and elegant. A whole lot of fun to see real-time mpg. The only adjustment I've had to make is not being able to see the front of the car (for parking) and the headrest - but I've gotten used to both. The regenerative brakes and electric assist on the steering I've come to really, really like. Handling is great. The engine shut-down at lights worried me that when it started up again, there would be some sort of jolt or noise - it's nearly seamless. The best part is I drive more safely.

First month of ownership
By Glen/Patty Anderson

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great, fun car to drive. Advertised mileage is greater than the actual. Overall,out Hybrid is getting about 43 mpg average. Navigation system is good except it found a restaurant in the middle of an empty field. Excellent owner manuals which are really needed with all the wiz-bang electronics. The Civic is loaded with almost everything that one would expect to find on a luxury car.

Two way (driver and computer) voice commands. Navigation system is excellent. Overall appearance of vehicle is a great improvement from previous models. The car seems larger than it is - short hood and trunk area, large cabin.

None yet.

OK Fine
By Stay

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like my Civic Hybrid fine. I miss some of the features on my old vehicle (Sienna Minivan) such as a mute button on the steering wheel and the really comfy seats. I would say it is fun to drive and a great conversation piece. I still go to the gas station ever week I just don't spend near as much.

Accessory plug for MP3s

Cup holders in the back and better floor mats.

Wanda's Honda Civic Hybrid Review
By Wanda Nagle

I had been checking out the new hybrids before my previous car need to be replaced. I felt that we should make a conscious effort to conserve fuel. My husband was totally against buying one because he did not feel the bugs were worked out of them. After a test drive (at my insistance) my husband and I were sold on the hybrid. The power and gas mileage were unbelieveable. We liked the size and design. The only thing missing was a sunroof for my husband. I don't need it. We have not had any problems and since we have purchased the Honda Civic, gas prices have skyrocketed and I am not afraid to take a trip or pull up to the gas pumps.

My favorite features are the navigation system and the awesome gas mileage.

The only improvements are a sunroof for my husband.

• SUV