2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid
By Laura on 04/15/06 20:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First honda. Very pleased with design and interior, excellent futuristic looks. Interior nice but coming from an Audi A6 nothing special. MPG not high as expected. Avg is 36.2 perhaps its colder weather and New Engand hills and I have yet to see my car run totally electric while under 35mph. Nicks already in body because I can't see rear end or hood. I enjoy driving this car but I miss a powerful engine, Can't say I'll be driving another honda car after this.

Pretty solid car
By nc on 04/13/06 20:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fuel mileage for 2 months about 47 mpg. 42 mpg if drive like an like a teenager. Drive a mix of in town and rural roads. Interstate running 70 about 45 mpg. Seats get a little uncomfortable after an hour or two.

Great Car
By Archslater on 04/11/06 05:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a wonderful little car. It has a much higher quality feel than previous civics and seats four adults very comfortably. Just don't purchase the car expecting to get the EPA mileage estimate... no cars get EPA under normal driving. Real world driving will yield low 40's for this car and around 30 for the standard Civic. With a little effort you can learn to achieve 50 and beyond on a regular basis with this car.

Quiet and efficient
By Eric on 04/03/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Comfort and performance comparable to other automatics in this class. Average gas mileage 48 mpg after 3300 miles. Cold starts and high speed driving bring mileage down towards 40 mpg. Medium speeds and warm weather can bring mpg average over 50 if you use a gentle touch on accelerator. High speed braking a little squirrely due mainly I think to high pressure tires which create a touchier ride than regular honda civic. Rides very nicely at high speed if you want to sacrifice a little fuel economy to get there. Overall happy with the car.

JG LOVES HYBRID
By JG on 04/02/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I did most of my research via the web and by the time I walked into the showrooms my decision was narrowed down to the Toyota Prius and the Honda Civic hybrid. Honestly, they are both great products. I felt I could not lose with either one. However, when I reviewed all of the features, cost, availability, etc. I felt like the Civic was the best choice for myself. I have had the car for a week, and am extremely pleased with it. I am currently getting between 37 and 40 MPG. I expect to do better once the engine is properly broken in, the weather warms up (I am in the Chicago area), and I switch over to a good synthetic oil. Overall, this is an excellent car. Highly recommended.

The Future
By qualia on 03/28/06 18:22 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A manly man, I feel the urge to buy a high-powered car. Hybrids are for enviro-weenies, right? I *almost* passed over this magnetic pearl beauty. Wow, am I glad I didn't. Power is more than adequate. While the numbers are not stellar, the car never strains during acceleration. It's smooth, smooth, smooth. And the overall impression is one of exceptional high quality; you're cruising quietly in a spacious canopy with a panoply of high-tech info at your command. Ride is comfy, cornering is tight, body is rigid, response to inputs is immediate. Way out of its price class. So, before you indulge your horsepower craving, test drive this car. 49 mpg so far!

20% less of what's not good
By AntiOil Joe on 03/28/06 16:12 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like this car a lot. I'm currently getting 42mpg overall calculated from mileage and number of gallons to fill up. The car calculates mileage at 40mpg (Probably doesn't take into account the engine stops?). I'm used to a big fast car, so I listen to Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won to compensate for the small car. It seems to get plenty of torque starting and over 55mph. Around 30-55mph the power is lacking. Someone said I can get better gas mileage if I turn off the engine while going down hill (affraid to try, don't want to mess up the engine). If money is not an object, I would recommend the Lincoln Town Car and convert it to natural gas. The Civic is half the price though.

From my experience...
By Basklcj13 on 03/22/06 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE my hybrid, but there are a few issues. First of all I do a ton of highway driving (at least an hour a day) and I only get about 40.1 miles to the gallon. Secondly, sitting in the drivers seat you can't see the hood, so it is really hard to judge distance (like where the parking block is). Finally the lighting is weird. I can't make the dome lights come on when I open the door, which is a mild issue when getting in at night, or taking stuff out at night. Also the headlights have such a small range sometimes I feel uneasy. Otherwise I am so pleased with my car!

Hybrid Civic beats Prius and cheaper too
By TimBar on 03/17/06 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought Honda Civic because liked design (wife liked the blue gauges especially). Friends say it seems like a regular size car unlike past Civics. I'm not an aggressive driver but car has all the acceleration I need. It's got good space and easy access

first japanese make - will never go back
By neilb on 03/15/06 17:38 PM (PST)

the interior is very nice. i was going to purchase the prius until i saw the interior of the civic. it is more refined and the strange center console on the prius bothered me. i really like the exterior styling. my gas mileage has averaged around 48 mpg and i expect it to go up after the break-in period. the navigation system is a must have. i have the silver opal and the color is great. seems to change depending on the time of day. safety features are unprecedented: 6 airbags standard, abs, a.c.e. structure protects during collision, front seat weight and position sensors, active head restraints are all standard.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.