Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Unbeatable Value
By C-bus Hayden

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I live in South Central Indiana and I purchased my 2006 Civic Ex Coupe in the summer of 2013 from its original dealer in Richmond, KY. This Civic was 7 years old at that time and had just 49K miles on it (avg 7k miles a year). The car was serviced at that dealer and well maintained. I have been extremely pleased with how this vehicle has held up the past 53K miles. The past 2 years my round trip to work has averaged 60 miles a day. Those 2 years include driving through Indiana's worst winter in over 40 years and this car was able to make it each day with no trouble on regular tires. This trim level of the Coupe EX has appealing styling and a sporty look. The coupe comes with the premium sound system (over twice as many watts as the sedan sound system) and it is a great value for a car at this price point. The electronics have worked flawlessly and the interior has worn well. In the summer time I love this car because of the sunroof which works flawlessly after over 100K miles now. This car has required virtually no maintenance. Tires and brakes have worn just fine for the miles I put on this machine (over 25K a year since purchase). I would say I take above average care of my vehicles. I am diligent with keeping this vehicle clean, fluids changed, and routine maintenance is done on time. I love searching for cars and often consider upgrading to an Accord Coupe, TSX, or possibly a Tacoma but this Civic has been so strong and it is paid for. If I am smart I will keep it well beyond 200K miles. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

I couldn't do it
By caine2375

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in Minnesota. I live at the bottom of a hill that turns into an ice rink during the winter. Last winter that got my civic stuck at least twice on days I dared to challenge mother nature. I was prepared today to trade in my civic for a 4wd vehicle, a hyundai touson. I couldn't do it. The honda has been an awesome vehicle. I bought it used and other than routine maintenance I haven't had a problem with it. The MPG estimates are crap, though I still net 37.8mpg over the last 9kmiles. The car runs fine, it takes a little getting used to it shutting off at the light. It takes a bit to get going but hums along at 75 errr 65 just fine. I keeping it for my non winter driving thankU

MPG: 37.6ish reliability cool dash, like I'm driving a space ship! storage for basic stuff 5 passenger, little tight, but still 5 passenger. reliability

don't advertise better mpg than you actually get. trunk and storage are tiny my damn cd player didn't work when I bought it and when a truck runs into them they get marks.

Love my Civic
By Kristy Torpin

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned my 06 civic for two years. Driving in between the valley and la everyday. Only repairs that I had to make was replacing the starter. Other than that the car ran great! It doesn't have too much get up and go on the freeway. But it got me around great. I loved it!

Blind spots in the front. Emergency break in weird spot for drivers that have long legs.

My first and last Honda
By phillipotto

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car on the recommendations of several friends who have owned Honda's in the past. I had previously owned Fords and Dodge's. We have had nothing but troubles with this car. 3 sets of rear tires worn on the inside in 72k miles. When I took it to the dealer under warranty, after wearing the first set out in 17k miles, I asked to have the car put on the alignment rack and have the rear camber checked. The Joliet Honda Service manager was arrogant and said that we must have overloaded the car and that the camber was within spec's. When the second set wore out they refused to even address the problem. There was a recall for the camber plates and was told that it wasn't a safety prob

lem so no letters were sent. Also we had to replace the AC Pump at 80k, Starter at 118K, the list goes on. I like nothing about this car and will never buy another Honda product.

There is no fixing a broken customer so I will return to my Fords. Good bye Honda!

My Two Cents
By gkh3

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Civic LX coupe new in July 2006. After nearly 9 years and 85,000 miles this car has been just about problem free... averaging over 30 mpg consistently. Yes, the ride is bouncy and yes it can be loud but I knew that going in. If you want super quiet and cushy... get a Cadillac. My only regret is not getting the ex version.

Love the paint color: Atomic Blue. Seating position perfect for me. Consistently great gas mileage.

Not a super fan of the digital speedo... but have gotten used to is. B-Pillars create massive blind spots... be careful backing up. Paint became worn right above rear window... repainted for free (class action lawsuit). Rearview mirrors not hinged and I have taken the drivers side one out twice. Drivers side visor fell apart... replaced (free: another class action lawsuit)... now the other one is going which I am now going to have to pay for to fix... grrrr.