Used 2006 Honda Civic Si Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Fun reliable car with minor fixable issues
By nunoa

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car from 40k to its current 80k mileage. It is fun to drive, especially above 5k rpm, and has been very reliable. The major maintenance I've done is replacing the battery (~40k miles), brakes (~65k), and tires. There was an issue with the engine running roughly when warming up in the winter, but an ECU update for ~$40 fixed that issue. A common problem with 3rd gear was entirely fixed by replacing the manual transmission fluid with Amsoil at ~50k miles. The upper rear control arms have some excessive negative camber (around -2*) and this has caused increased tire wear on the rears, but rotation would fix that problem.

Shifter and clutch feel--some of the best I've found in a car. General reliability. Exhaust/engine sound. Highway mileage is pretty good at ~32 mpg in the summer, but gets ~100 miles less range than my previous 2006 Civic EX.

Sightlines are partially obscured by the chunky pillars on either side of the windshield and require extra caution while driving near pedestrians. Replace upper rear camber arms to decrease the negative camber. More torque at lower rpms. The rear quarter panels are starting to rust. While not unexpected after 8 years in the northeast, I thought Honda had this problem area figured out as it has been going on since at least the 1992 Preludes.

Nearly Flawless
By bobby23

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over 59,000 in 3.5 years and the only things I had to do was oil change and tire replacement and rotation and wiper blade replacement... that was it! I didn't beat it, but drove it as hard as anyone has driven any car. Some of the best seats I've ever sat in. Great sound system except for the rattle from the back panel that covers the rear speakers and subwoofer. 3rd gear was fussy on occasion. If a car is too fast, you don't get to enjoy it enough on public roads because you can't explore it's limits... The si is perfect because it's somewhat quick, it's agile, and it sounds great taking it to 8,000 rpms through 4 gears! I just turned the 06 in for a '10.

short and slick clutch and shifter travel, quick steering, engine sound, seat comfort and support, sound system

Not a fan of the dashboard layout-I'd like to see gauges, not a digital layout, maybe an in-dash 6 disc changer, that's it.

I love it!
By Stabi

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for three thousand miles and I love it! The shifts are always smooth, has adequate pickup in low rpm range if you want to get good gas mileage, but stomp down on the gas and you really go! Disappointed with quality of peripherals. Bought the car used with 53k, after 1k miles needed a new idler pulley. Fixed the idler pulley and they told me that the tensioner pulley bearing is going bad too. Not to mention spending 10 hours getting my third gear fixed. While I did that I had to get my sun visor replaced ($75) it was falling apart. All in the first month of my owning (53-54k miles).

The LSD on a tight turn, amazingly comfortable seats. My fiancee lives 4 hours away and the trip feels like I'm sitting in my favorite chair listening to music the whole way.

Better quality accessories, OEM stereo components that are easier to replace without rewiring the whole car. The stereo is alright, but the tweeters are too tinny, the bass is too muddy. Want to redo but everything is "custom". Sunvisors that don't fall apart! Pulleys that don't need every 50k.

Si Good Buy
By Chuchlain

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car is great I bought the car used with 7000 miles on it. I average about 23-27 MPG in town and 30-35 freeway but on one trip was averaging 40 mpg. I have had only one complaint and that is I got the Si which came with Michelin Pilot MXMA tires great tires but the soft rubber I had to replace within 20k miles not a big deal since they are a strictly sport tire not made for snow or rainy conditions. So I got a all season sport tire and no problems. I would definitely recommend this car as only maintenance I have done is oil changes and I've had no problems.

Has great power my buddy just got a new Pontiac Solstice "Not the GXP"and cant keep up with the civic Si, added a full exhaust cold air intake and reprogrammed chip and am now pushing 231 HP and 168 torque on the Dyno

Only thing I don't like is not made for a very tall person I'm 6'2" but still wish I had more leg room on driver's side.

06 civic Si
By 06sicoupe

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over all I'm very satisfied with my purchase. Performance, fuel, economy and looks are all up to par on this car. I sold my 04 RSX type S for this and i believe it was a good choice.

XM radio,LSD, traction control,100 HP per liter

ebrake handle needs to be relocated, always bumps my knee. 3rd gear grind, recall happened in 02 with my rsx and honda still released the same transmission in the si civic with the same problem 4 years later doesn't make much sense.