2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Fun reliable car with minor fixable issues
By nunoa on 12/03/14 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car from 40k to its current 80k mileage. It is fun to drive, especially above 5k rpm, and has been very reliable. The major maintenance I've done is replacing the battery (~40k miles), brakes (~65k), and tires. There was an issue with the engine running roughly when warming up in the winter, but an ECU update for ~$40 fixed that issue. A common problem with 3rd gear was entirely fixed by replacing the manual transmission fluid with Amsoil at ~50k miles. The upper rear control arms have some excessive negative camber (around -2*) and this has caused increased tire wear on the rears, but rotation would fix that problem.

Unparalleled
By 006_si on 12/13/11 18:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for 6.5 years and can confidently say that it is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Performance is superb. Handling is absurdly exciting! As a daily driver, though, it is beautifully well-behaved and placid. Gas mileage is perfectly acceptable, even when you drive it like a speed-demon.

inflated popularity hype
By angelwings1 on 04/08/11 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Do you know what car sales people do when its slow? They create free email accounts, fake user names and positive experiences and then post them on this and other consumer review web sites. Wow did this car put me on a financial roller coaster. If you think reliability when you think Honda, you have been brainwashed. Everywhere, I mean everywhere I took this car for a repair, I would get a report card of failing components with price tags and labor costs equal to 20 percent of the value of the car! I bought this car twice after 4 years, I mean, the same car cost me 22,000 in maintenance and purchase price was 22,000 4 years B4. Best advice if you like this car, buy one new, sell after a yr.

06 Si
By Jefferson on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased car new in feb 06. Have 75K on it now (160 mi a day 2 work) Only problem has was rear wheel bearing dealership replaced for free. Replaced factory system and upgraded to a 15 in sub. Only problem is i've had to replace the spoiler twice since the sub beats and breaks the spiler off the deck lid and eventually falls apart. Seriously. Car does have problem with 3rd gear as a lot have mentioned. As far as performance not much can top for this price especially the style and power combined. Added K&N fuel injection performance kit and get 30mpg city 37mpg hwy. Happy with car which was designed better for systems but guess I'll shave those holes and have no spoiler. Otherwise great buy!

Nearly Flawless
By bobby23 on 11/26/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over 59,000 in 3.5 years and the only things I had to do was oil change and tire replacement and rotation and wiper blade replacement... that was it! I didn't beat it, but drove it as hard as anyone has driven any car. Some of the best seats I've ever sat in. Great sound system except for the rattle from the back panel that covers the rear speakers and subwoofer. 3rd gear was fussy on occasion. If a car is too fast, you don't get to enjoy it enough on public roads because you can't explore it's limits... The si is perfect because it's somewhat quick, it's agile, and it sounds great taking it to 8,000 rpms through 4 gears! I just turned the 06 in for a '10.

I love it!
By Stabi on 09/22/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for three thousand miles and I love it! The shifts are always smooth, has adequate pickup in low rpm range if you want to get good gas mileage, but stomp down on the gas and you really go! Disappointed with quality of peripherals. Bought the car used with 53k, after 1k miles needed a new idler pulley. Fixed the idler pulley and they told me that the tensioner pulley bearing is going bad too. Not to mention spending 10 hours getting my third gear fixed. While I did that I had to get my sun visor replaced ($75) it was falling apart. All in the first month of my owning (53-54k miles).

Fun Car
By dmoney03 on 09/02/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The first year I had it, I drove it over 23,000 miles. It is fun to drive, but the long trips aren't the most comfortable for a 6' guy. Fuel economy is around 31 mpg on the interstate and 25 mpg around town. I keep it well maintained. That might be the reason for such mileage. It has plenty of power and response. It does seem to be a little heavy coming around the corners, but it will hold the whole way. The only complaint I have, is the rattle in the rear speaker deck from the sub and speakers. My personal opinion is, get the lip kit. It makes it look so much better and aggressive.

Fun Car To Drive, Best SI Ever
By Jeff on 04/11/09 11:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new in 2006, didn't really want a car with the Navi System in it, but now I can't live without it. The performance of this car is great. I have owned other Honda's in the past, but they really outdid them selves with this model. The car really starts to perform above 6k rpm. The power curve is great, it's like the engine kicks up to another level. Glad I wanted for this year's model to come out!! Very Low maintenance, I have only had to buy tires, and normal oil changes for 49k miles. Great fuel mileage for this model. Compared to a Acura RSX with the same engine, the SI averages about 8-10 miles per gallon more.

Si Good Buy
By Chuchlain on 01/31/09 21:57 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car is great I bought the car used with 7000 miles on it. I average about 23-27 MPG in town and 30-35 freeway but on one trip was averaging 40 mpg. I have had only one complaint and that is I got the Si which came with Michelin Pilot MXMA tires great tires but the soft rubber I had to replace within 20k miles not a big deal since they are a strictly sport tire not made for snow or rainy conditions. So I got a all season sport tire and no problems. I would definitely recommend this car as only maintenance I have done is oil changes and I've had no problems.

06 civic Si
By 06sicoupe on 10/16/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over all I'm very satisfied with my purchase. Performance, fuel, economy and looks are all up to par on this car. I sold my 04 RSX type S for this and i believe it was a good choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.