2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2006 Civic: No Problems
By drm52 on 07/16/13 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased June, 2006. Daily driver. No problems. No repairs required Everything still feels tight and new. Even have the original brake pads after 84,375 miles.

Best Honda I've owned so far!
By hondaluv3r2006 on 12/06/12 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic from a private party back in March of 2012 with 136,000 miles already on it. All I can say so far since I've owned it is one word... Awsome! Even with so many miles on it I've had zero major problems with it. Only minor problem so far was I had to replace the cowling along the base of the winshield due to the passenger side became unclipped and interfered with wiper arm operation. Bought and installed the part myself and problem gone. Also part of the plastic handle on the ebrake is coming lose but still works just fine. It's my first Civic, but I've always driven Hondas cause of their long history of durability. Way to go Honda!! Keep bringing us the good cars we love!!

Civic snow dilemma
By melekpod on 01/18/09 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda has been reliable in fair weather and rain, but snow, I find it a problem to get up some of the smallest hills. I bought a manual transmission hoping I would have more control in the snow. I thought it was the tires, so I bought new tires, still have the same problems. Also, I open the window and water seems to pour in on the controls when it's raining and rolling the window down usually has cleared the windows in past vehicles, but it doesn't, seems the like the rubber squeegy is on the wrong side of the window? Had a ford contour w/ no problems in snow.

Replacing my Acura
By Lilly on 06/24/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Knowing that I couldn't afford a new Acura, I decided that a Honda was the next best thing and I wasn't disappointed. The car is cute, comfortable, safe, and reliable. The gas mileage is fantastic - I have never gotten under 32 mpg and I have gotten up to 39. Turning radius is good and the brakes are very tight, just the way I like it. The clutch is solid, allows for a broad range of shifting times, and is fast and easy to use. Can't wait for my first road trip with it!

Turned me into a Believer
By Cory on 06/14/08 02:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All I can say is wow! The transmission is quite possibly the smoothest I've ever had the pleasure of shifting. Gas mileage has lived up to it's name. The worst tank I've gotten so far is 28 mpg, and that was all stop and go traffic. Average has been 34 mpg with mixed driving. Engine is very quiet, hasn't burned a drop of oil yet. Lots of pickup for a sedan, screaming to red line every once in a while is quite fun. Handling is superb, control layouts are intuitive. Everyone gushes at the deceivingly large interior. Great looks, reliability, performance, never thought I'd drive anything but Subaru. Honda changed my whole outlook. Excellent car I'll recommend to anyone in the future!

Great Gas Mileage
By Antonio on 06/06/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost two years and I absolutely love it. For the past year I have been driving 35 miles to and from work, all freeway driving since my job and home are right off the freeway. I average between 37 and 40 mpg every time. I usually travel between 65 and 70 mph. Besides that, I also love everything else. I have 37,000 miles on my Civic with the same tires and brakes and I live in San Diego, CA.

Fifth Honda, and still getting better!
By Tom J. on 02/15/07 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since getting my Civic EX in June '06, I have had a few issues with it. Starting at around 50 mph, there is a low whistle heard at the front part of the car. I thought it was the mirrors or the wheels and tires. Took it to dealer (less than 1000 miles at the time), who could not fix the problem. Said they are all like that. Not a good answer. Also, the one-touch up and down switch for the driver's window is WAAAAAAY too sensitive and hard to regulate. I'm going to talk to the dealership to see if they can bypass or switch it out to a "normal" window switch. The car as a whole is screwed together very well. Great fit and finish. Mine is royal blue pearl metallic, with the beige interior.

I love my civic
By helen on 11/01/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 06 civic in Sept.06, So far no big problems, everything is cool with the car except for the widow wiper on the left is not working as it should be, it leave streaks and makes my view blurry in raining days, I had to pay to replace it. The driving experience is good and it is light on gas. i'd give it a 9/10

5 months on
By extra__o on 10/18/06 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We've had our 2006 EX sedan (manual trans) for 5 months now. Gas mileage in town runs 35-38 mpg, and on trips where I can use the cruise control we've gotten over 43 honest to God mpg with the A/C on all the time. --On regular gas mind you, and no pokin' along, either. I'm talkin' 75-80 miles per hour cruise (here in Mexico that's pretty standard highway speed). I also can't believe the NYT reviewer actually drove the car and complained about the acceleration - the car does 0-60 in about 8 & 1/2 seconds. That won't intimidate any Maserati owners, but it'still quicker than 90% of everything else on the road.

not all its cracked up to be
By mike on 09/09/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car thinking, well i have a Honda so nothing will go wrong.In the first 5,000 miles my drivers side window has fallen off the track, my car idles weird, and the back tires howl so loud i can hear it over my radio when its turned way up. so i took it to dealer first of all they will not give you a car to drive if your brand new car is broken that you just paid 20,000 dollars for . Yes thats right its hondas policy. second the dealer said my car was out of align since i bought it new, so the tires wore weird, but they told me thats not why the tires wore weird???? the dealer said honda will not do anything so now i have to deal with the tire manufacturer. bad customer service!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.