2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Suspension issues
By halfahawk on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

New in '05. Great mileage around 40 mpg on the highway when i wasn't a lead foot. I had the same suspension problems as everyone else. Dealership replaced the control arms free of charge. I am now on my 4th set of tires at 70k. I was ready to get rid of it but I thought i'd replace the suspension and perhaps address partly the issue that causes the tire wear (rear tires toe in when under load). So i put new eibach springs and sway bars and tokico shocks. WOW! Its a whole different animal. It handles amazing now. No more squirmy rear end in the rain, doesn't feel like the rear end is going to fall off when i hit a bump. guess I'll keep it for a while longer now.

Satisfied customer
By Steve on 12/05/09 21:02 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Civic for work when my daily drive became 55 miles each way. 25 freeway and 30 mountain switchbacks. The fuel savings have paid for my car. The only problems in 80000 miles have been the sun visors and the OEM Bridgestone tires wearing out. The engine performance as well as the fuel economy improves with the engine RPM. Keep the engine up over 2500 and the car performs well. Run it at 3500 and it really scoots. I put on some Perreli P3000 (now 5000) tires increasing the handling and doubling the tires life. The only drawbacks to this car are it seems to be invisible sometimes in freeway traffic probably due to its low roof line and it has no room for snow chains if they are required.

Cracked Engine Block
By stp44122 on 09/24/09 05:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This WAS a fun car to own, but I'm not buying another Honda. I've had this since January 2006 putting 71,000 miles (95% highway) on the vehicle. I followed all oil changes, all servicing AT THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT THE VEHICLE. There is a TSB, 08-044 where they admit that all 2006, 2007, 2008 Civic Sedans have this design or casting flaw AND YOUR ENGINE WILL CRACK! It's just a matter of time. Hopefully it will be during the warranty (as most have been), and you'll get your engine replaced. If not, you're in my boat, called the DOT, State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, and Honda trying to get their design or casting flaw fixed. I've never had to replace a Toyota engine.

A Good Car
By mid-west mom on 06/19/08 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My second Honda-another manual. If it were a station wagon it would be perfect. Great mileage-40 mpg on the highway, 32 in mixed driving. Reliable, easy to drive in town or on the interstate. Enough "go" to deal with big semis going 80, but handy to park. More fun to drive than our Toyota. The kids say the back seat is a squeeze but they aren't buying the gas to run it. I expect that my 11 year old will drive this car through college and beyond without problems. I have owned Volvo, VW, BMW, and Toyota cars, but for ease of ownership, reliability, economy, and over all performance,my heart belongs to Honda. I just really, really want a real station wagon again--like my 1991 Accord. Please?

Undecided
By undecided on 01/11/07 11:44 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I did a ton of research before buynig my new Civic. I love the features, the smooth shifting, the look of the car, and how it drives. Unfortunately, my new car has not been reliable. In the first 3 months I have had to repair my vehicles brakes, replaced the power steering assembly, and due to a faulty grounding wire, I've been stranded on a busy freeway with a completely shut down car. I purchased a Honda for reliability above all else. My story isn't a typical one, but I post it here in case it helps other people. Other than the continuous repairs, I am very happy with my purchase. All repairs have been covered by warentee, but I would have prefered the car to be realiable.

Nice Drive
By Jorge on 12/21/06 16:51 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car... is really fun to drive and easy in the traffic. I'd buy it again.

Honda Civic
By Glen Welker on 11/22/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drive approx. 30,000 - 35,000 miles per year. I purchased the car primarily for the gas mileage.

Civic fun
By bsamardzic on 10/06/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

As stated. Everything is fine except that noise coming from glove box direction. It seems to be known problem for 2006. Civic.

great compact car
By kormi on 09/10/06 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

just bought my 2006 honda civic lx. great little car. looks nice and is fun to drive. the gas mileage is also superb.

Try to find a better car at this price point
By Hans on 08/25/06 21:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned three civics I must say that the 2006 is the coolest looking one yet. Performance wise it's no sports car but that's ok, I'm sure it will provide years of faithful service. Isn't that the point of an econo car?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.