Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My first and last Honda
By phillipotto

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car on the recommendations of several friends who have owned Honda's in the past. I had previously owned Fords and Dodge's. We have had nothing but troubles with this car. 3 sets of rear tires worn on the inside in 72k miles. When I took it to the dealer under warranty, after wearing the first set out in 17k miles, I asked to have the car put on the alignment rack and have the rear camber checked. The Joliet Honda Service manager was arrogant and said that we must have overloaded the car and that the camber was within spec's. When the second set wore out they refused to even address the problem. There was a recall for the camber plates and was told that it wasn't a safety prob

lem so no letters were sent. Also we had to replace the AC Pump at 80k, Starter at 118K, the list goes on. I like nothing about this car and will never buy another Honda product.

There is no fixing a broken customer so I will return to my Fords. Good bye Honda!

Good all around vehicle
By gdheart07

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 92 Acura Vigor and a 2007 Honda Odyssey along with my 06 Civic. Contrary to the complaints that I have viewed here, our Civic has been a champion. The handling fits between my Vigor and Odyssey. It handles crisp like my Vigor without the stiff ride. It gets 40 mpg with the a/c on at 77 mph. I just replaced the rear brake pads at 74,000. It is only on its second set of tires. Knock on wood, I'll keep it as long as it continues to perform like it has.

Handling, dependability and outstanding gas mileage - 40 mpg on highway a/c on.

Driver side visor, driver side speaker and front accessory plug.

Not again not very reliable.
By chris_m387

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I used to own an 06 Civic it was fun to drive very responsive. But had too many problems. At 32,000miles the speakers went out warranty didn't cover it paid out of pocket, then the control arms, struts and wheel bearing were very bad had to pay out of pockets, at 45,800 replaced front brake pads. Tires worn unevenly went thru 4 sets of tire and had the same problem, I took a family road trip and out of nowhere the car lost traction and ended up spinning off road in Iowa. Had problems with the airbag sensor. At 60,000miles had to replace both ball joints. And was very bad in snow even with the best winter tires. ABS didn't work good. So I had enough and got an 07 Hyundai Sonata V6 SE.

Quick, responsive, fun to drive, comfortable seats.

Better speakers, better struts, control arms, wheel bearings.

2006 Civic: No Problems
By drm52

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased June, 2006. Daily driver. No problems. No repairs required Everything still feels tight and new. Even have the original brake pads after 84,375 miles.

I am 6'5" and fit in it. Cannot wear a hat though. Exellent mileage. Good response once the revs are up.

A little more torque would be nice. Less road noise would be nice.

Poorly Built, Unreliable Honda
By drgoodson

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and I am very unhappy with it. I first had the problem with the struts/supports in the rear end. One place thought it was bad shocks, but a former Honda certified mechanic figured it out and replaced them after I had worn out 2 sets of tires. Now I've just had the problem with the belt tensioner bolt, although my car was not recalled, and that cost me another chunk of change. I previously owned 3 used Hondas and they were all very good and reliable cars. Not so with this one, so I would advise everyone not to buy one of these as a used car. No more Hondas for me based upon my very poor experience with this car! Whatever happened to Honda reliability?

Today, I can't think of any!

Honda should build reliable cars like they used to, and offer their loyal customers something more than a lame apology when Honda builds one with this many problems! Now I know why Honda only provides a 36,000 mile warranty. Take a lesson from Hyunadi in backing your product.