2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
used 2006
By june1986 on 12/07/11 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

just bought this baby for 11k with 101k miles, looks new, runs great. 41 mpg so far avg(first week) im still learning how to drive more efficently and its fun! i was looking at the FT-86 but decided to wait and got this in the meantime. i thought i would be disappointed but once i saw it in the metal and sat inside that all changed. great for adventures and wallets(30$ to fill up and first tank i got 460miles).

Best in the West
By Bill on 08/26/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 116,000 on this car I bought in late 2005. It gets 50-52 MPG mostly freeway. I have had not a trouble with it, great car!

First Hybrid, FUN to drive
By RI N8TIV on 09/03/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased in KC for $11,000 with 76K miles. Traded in a 2006 Mercedes E350 for this gem. I have only owned the car for one week, but I love that I am averaging over 45mpg on my 70+ mile commute to work. Snappy handling and decent highway pickup make for a fun drive. Acceleration from a stand-still will not break your neck, but it is adequate.

First Honda - Can't Stop Driving
By kyle on 08/12/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I find myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere, simply because driving this car is so fun. This is my first Honda and it has been a treat. I wish the hybrid still was able to have fold down seats in back but that is currently where the batteries are located. I have had to relearn how to drive because if I drive normally, I won't get near the high MPG I bought this car for. If I watch what I'm doing, it's ok. Drove a 150 mile trip, mostly freeway and got 47 MPG. In city, I get a solid 40 MPG. Car is really jerky in the 7-9 mph range. It feels like it can't decide whether to shut the engine off or not.

2006 Hybrid Civic
By Rick N on 09/29/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have put 57,150 on this car and it has met all are expectations. Its handles like a sports car but give us the gas mileage. On all highway trips we get 55 mpg (75 MPH) and with a mix we average 43 mpg per tank. We have kept it dealer maintained getting all services as prescribed in the maintenance chart. If you drive a hybrid you have to learn to drive different then what you do a normal car to maximize the technology. Winter time the mpg only went down 1 mpg with winter tires. The only thing I wish they would re-design is the emergency brake which hits my knee (5’9”). I would also prefer the 5 speed over the automatic if they made them anymore.

Bad Design for a Hybrid vehicle
By david384 on 08/10/08 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am traveling salesmen. I drive 40K miles per year. So, I figured I would help mother earth and my pocket book. Bought a used HCH hybrid. Great car I thought. When I purchased this car, I was getting 47+ MPG. I have owned for 8 months, and then all the sudden my MPG goes to 36 MPG. I take to dealer and they tell me it is the heat. Well I have driven this car 26K miles in the past 8 months. I told them it was funny that it worked fine, and then all the sudden crappie MPG. They said that the heat or a bad battery was the problem. Ask them is their a test for the battery? Answer No! Seems funny they can tell me the IMA is fine, but they can not tell me the battery has a bad cell.

Excellent economy
By Jerund on 07/20/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are typically getting 48 mpg during the summer, with air conditioning on, and about 45 in the winter in Rochester NY. On top of that, while not peppy, the car can work into traffic without fear, and we've used it on vacation with two other people and luggage in the car. My only complaint is when it drops gear while climbing hills on cruise and revs too high. Built very solid, best door thud of any car we've owned, and has been no trouble at all, aside from one recall notice, covered while in for an oil change. Also, oil is changed by indicator, not by miles, which for us is about 10 months. Shopping now for another Civic, a coupe this time.

Hybrid 2006 Civic
By Robin Fiedler on 06/10/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best investment I have ever made. With today's gas prices, I feel smart.

Cool Car
By kurt on 11/07/07 15:40 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car off a private party mainly because of the carpool lane stickers it had. We live in CA, and these are like gold; the state hasn't issued anymore for this year so if you buy new you aren't guaranteed a sticker. Anyway, we also got the car for it's fuel efficiency; we average about 38-40 mpg in combined city/highway driving. The Prius gets better mileage due to its increased reliance on the electric motor, but I think the Honda looks better and is actually quite fun to drive. We added an Eclipse navigation w/upgraded stereo receiver that rocks. We also tinted the windows to keep it cooler in the summer (and it looks cool too!) For a small car, has a decent amount of room.

Terrible MPG for short commutes
By Disappointed on 06/11/07 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very disappointed with 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid fuel efficiency. During past winter (2006-07) only got 22-26 mpg! Drove only for short commutes. The HCH gets nowhere near the estimated EPA MPG when used for short commutes, especially during the winter. The brakes slip very slightly when car is stopping.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.