Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

First Hybrid, FUN to drive
By RI N8TIV

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased in KC for $11,000 with 76K miles. Traded in a 2006 Mercedes E350 for this gem. I have only owned the car for one week, but I love that I am averaging over 45mpg on my 70+ mile commute to work. Snappy handling and decent highway pickup make for a fun drive. Acceleration from a stand-still will not break your neck, but it is adequate.

Favorite Features

MPG, MPG, MPG! Cool blue display, instant MPG feedback, overall interior styling, auto-stop at traffic lights.

Suggested Improvements

None thus far, but I will be re-posting in about 6 months with an update!

used 2006
By june1986

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

just bought this baby for 11k with 101k miles, looks new, runs great. 41 mpg so far avg(first week) im still learning how to drive more efficently and its fun! i was looking at the FT-86 but decided to wait and got this in the meantime. i thought i would be disappointed but once i saw it in the metal and sat inside that all changed. great for adventures and wallets(30$ to fill up and first tank i got 460miles).

Suggested Improvements

I would like it if i had more control over the assist and charging features.

Best in the West
By Bill

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 116,000 on this car I bought in late 2005. It gets 50-52 MPG mostly freeway. I have had not a trouble with it, great car!

2006 Hybrid Civic
By Rick N

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have put 57,150 on this car and it has met all are expectations. Its handles like a sports car but give us the gas mileage. On all highway trips we get 55 mpg (75 MPH) and with a mix we average 43 mpg per tank. We have kept it dealer maintained getting all services as prescribed in the maintenance chart. If you drive a hybrid you have to learn to drive different then what you do a normal car to maximize the technology. Winter time the mpg only went down 1 mpg with winter tires. The only thing I wish they would re-design is the emergency brake which hits my knee (59). I would also prefer the 5 speed over the automatic if they made them anymore.

Favorite Features

Handling, design looks, comfort on long trips except the emergency brake.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I wish they would re- design is the emergency brake which hits my knee (59). I would also prefer the 5 speed over the automatic if they made them anymore. 2 door coupe version

First Honda - Can't Stop Driving
By kyle

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I find myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere, simply because driving this car is so fun. This is my first Honda and it has been a treat. I wish the hybrid still was able to have fold down seats in back but that is currently where the batteries are located. I have had to relearn how to drive because if I drive normally, I won't get near the high MPG I bought this car for. If I watch what I'm doing, it's ok. Drove a 150 mile trip, mostly freeway and got 47 MPG. In city, I get a solid 40 MPG. Car is really jerky in the 7-9 mph range. It feels like it can't decide whether to shut the engine off or not.

Favorite Features

Digital dash, maintenance minder so I don't have to remember when to take the car in, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Find a new location for batteries so we can fold down rear seats, need faster and smoother acceleration and low speed driving.