Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I couldn't do it
By caine2375

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in Minnesota. I live at the bottom of a hill that turns into an ice rink during the winter. Last winter that got my civic stuck at least twice on days I dared to challenge mother nature. I was prepared today to trade in my civic for a 4wd vehicle, a hyundai touson. I couldn't do it. The honda has been an awesome vehicle. I bought it used and other than routine maintenance I haven't had a problem with it. The MPG estimates are crap, though I still net 37.8mpg over the last 9kmiles. The car runs fine, it takes a little getting used to it shutting off at the light. It takes a bit to get going but hums along at 75 errr 65 just fine. I keeping it for my non winter driving thankU

MPG: 37.6ish reliability cool dash, like I'm driving a space ship! storage for basic stuff 5 passenger, little tight, but still 5 passenger. reliability

don't advertise better mpg than you actually get. trunk and storage are tiny my damn cd player didn't work when I bought it and when a truck runs into them they get marks.

used 2006
By june1986

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

just bought this baby for 11k with 101k miles, looks new, runs great. 41 mpg so far avg(first week) im still learning how to drive more efficently and its fun! i was looking at the FT-86 but decided to wait and got this in the meantime. i thought i would be disappointed but once i saw it in the metal and sat inside that all changed. great for adventures and wallets(30$ to fill up and first tank i got 460miles).

I would like it if i had more control over the assist and charging features.

Best in the West
By Bill

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 116,000 on this car I bought in late 2005. It gets 50-52 MPG mostly freeway. I have had not a trouble with it, great car!

First Hybrid, FUN to drive
By RI N8TIV

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased in KC for $11,000 with 76K miles. Traded in a 2006 Mercedes E350 for this gem. I have only owned the car for one week, but I love that I am averaging over 45mpg on my 70+ mile commute to work. Snappy handling and decent highway pickup make for a fun drive. Acceleration from a stand-still will not break your neck, but it is adequate.

MPG, MPG, MPG! Cool blue display, instant MPG feedback, overall interior styling, auto-stop at traffic lights.

None thus far, but I will be re-posting in about 6 months with an update!

First Honda - Can't Stop Driving
By kyle

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I find myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere, simply because driving this car is so fun. This is my first Honda and it has been a treat. I wish the hybrid still was able to have fold down seats in back but that is currently where the batteries are located. I have had to relearn how to drive because if I drive normally, I won't get near the high MPG I bought this car for. If I watch what I'm doing, it's ok. Drove a 150 mile trip, mostly freeway and got 47 MPG. In city, I get a solid 40 MPG. Car is really jerky in the 7-9 mph range. It feels like it can't decide whether to shut the engine off or not.

Digital dash, maintenance minder so I don't have to remember when to take the car in, good gas mileage.

Find a new location for batteries so we can fold down rear seats, need faster and smoother acceleration and low speed driving.