2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
VERY Disappointed
By dev87 on 08/23/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my 2006 Civic Hybrid in 2009 from a dealer. Was told by the dealer that the vehicle had not been in an accident, but that was a lie. Though that it is not Honda's fault, I can say that I am extremely disappointed on how the car has deteriorated since I got it. Had to replace the 12v battery, Hybrid battery needed an update in 2010 which made my MPG worse, and recently my compressor went out, which is a $1700 fix. Dealer retail is now $2000 less than what I paid 3 years ago, plus if I take into account the replacement of the compressor, I am a good $4000 in the hole. Not something I am willing to fork over for a car that has only gone downhill.

used 2006
By june1986 on 12/07/11 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

just bought this baby for 11k with 101k miles, looks new, runs great. 41 mpg so far avg(first week) im still learning how to drive more efficently and its fun! i was looking at the FT-86 but decided to wait and got this in the meantime. i thought i would be disappointed but once i saw it in the metal and sat inside that all changed. great for adventures and wallets(30$ to fill up and first tank i got 460miles).

LOVE my Civic Hybrid!
By dev87 on 11/22/11 18:25 PM (PST)

Bought this car in November 2009 after making a move to Arkansas. I purchased it with only 48,000 miles on it, plus I lucked out because it is fully loaded with Navi and AUX input for my iPod. Had to drive two hours to Tulsa to get it but it was well worth it; the drive home was so much fun I didnt want to get out of the car when we finally made it back! Its been to Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, and I am always the one volunteering to drive because I love it so much. The turn signals on the mirrors are an awesome touch. Has been in the shop twice but only for recall fixes. Would absolutely buy again

My pick for best value overall
By aleighs9 on 03/20/11 22:58 PM (PDT)

I recently purchased my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid w/ Navigation and it had 79,000 miles on it. I was a bit worried because the hybrid battery expired at 80,000 miles and as we know, they're quite expensive. So far, so good though. At 85,000 miles and going strong. I love the design of the car and feel it's perfect for a young person. I have been getting 36 mpg in town, but it's been under 30 degrees in Iowa and mpg's have improved with temp increase. Love having the 12.3 gallon gas tank, fueling is a breeze. I think Priuses are ugly and love the way my hybrid looks. Everyone else seems to, too. CVT transmission took awhile to get used to - no shifting. But overall, don't hesitate! Buy today.

Best in the West
By Bill on 08/26/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 116,000 on this car I bought in late 2005. It gets 50-52 MPG mostly freeway. I have had not a trouble with it, great car!

First Hybrid, FUN to drive
By RI N8TIV on 09/03/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased in KC for $11,000 with 76K miles. Traded in a 2006 Mercedes E350 for this gem. I have only owned the car for one week, but I love that I am averaging over 45mpg on my 70+ mile commute to work. Snappy handling and decent highway pickup make for a fun drive. Acceleration from a stand-still will not break your neck, but it is adequate.

First Honda - Can't Stop Driving
By kyle on 08/12/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I find myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere, simply because driving this car is so fun. This is my first Honda and it has been a treat. I wish the hybrid still was able to have fold down seats in back but that is currently where the batteries are located. I have had to relearn how to drive because if I drive normally, I won't get near the high MPG I bought this car for. If I watch what I'm doing, it's ok. Drove a 150 mile trip, mostly freeway and got 47 MPG. In city, I get a solid 40 MPG. Car is really jerky in the 7-9 mph range. It feels like it can't decide whether to shut the engine off or not.

06 HCH Great For Me
By dsilva on 06/28/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

I've had my Civic Hybrid for 3 and half years now and it still feels nearly as tight as when it was new. My mileage is 50-57 in summer and 42-45 in the cold northern winters. It handles great in the turns though fully loaded you can tell the difference. It is a nice smooth and quiet car that driven lightly will get outstanding mileage in town. Two gripes only. The electric power steering doesn't have a good sense of feel or on-center and will drift if twitched even the smallest bit. Winter warm-up of the battery/hybrid system takes way too long and drops the car's mileage a lot in winter. That said, I think it's a great ride that has really taken the pain out of the high gas prices.

Best Suited
By HGP on 11/30/08 12:47 PM (PST)

This automobile meets the vast majority of my needs, town & some highway. Average overall mileage is in the low 40s. The 2 tier dashboard is great, important gauges easily read. Removed rear head rests for improved visibility to the rear.

2006 Hybrid Civic
By Rick N on 09/29/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have put 57,150 on this car and it has met all are expectations. Its handles like a sports car but give us the gas mileage. On all highway trips we get 55 mpg (75 MPH) and with a mix we average 43 mpg per tank. We have kept it dealer maintained getting all services as prescribed in the maintenance chart. If you drive a hybrid you have to learn to drive different then what you do a normal car to maximize the technology. Winter time the mpg only went down 1 mpg with winter tires. The only thing I wish they would re-design is the emergency brake which hits my knee (59). I would also prefer the 5 speed over the automatic if they made them anymore.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.