Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

love this car
By S Jordan

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first hybrid and it has performed perfectly...no complaints

I couldn't do it
By caine2375

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in Minnesota. I live at the bottom of a hill that turns into an ice rink during the winter. Last winter that got my civic stuck at least twice on days I dared to challenge mother nature.
I was prepared today to trade in my civic for a 4wd vehicle, a hyundai touson.
I couldn't do it. The honda has been an awesome vehicle. I bought it used and other than routine maintenance I haven't had a problem with it. The MPG estimates are crap, though I still net 37.8mpg over the last 9kmiles. The car runs fine, it takes a little getting used to it shutting off at the light. It takes a bit to get going but hums along at 75 errr 65 just fine. I keeping it for my non winter driving thankU

MPG: 37.6ish reliability cool dash, like I'm driving a space ship! storage for basic stuff 5 passenger, little tight, but still 5 passenger. reliability

don't advertise better mpg than you actually get. trunk and storage are tiny my damn cd player didn't work when I bought it and when a truck runs into them they get marks.

VERY Disappointed
By dev87

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my 2006 Civic Hybrid in 2009 from a dealer. Was told by the dealer that the vehicle had not been in an accident, but that was a lie. Though that it is not Honda's fault, I can say that I am extremely disappointed on how the car has deteriorated since I got it. Had to replace the 12v battery, Hybrid battery needed an update in 2010 which made my MPG worse, and recently my compressor went out, which is a $1700 fix. Dealer retail is now $2000 less than what I paid 3 years ago, plus if I take into account the replacement of the compressor, I am a good $4000 in the hole. Not something I am willing to fork over for a car that has only gone downhill.

MPG is decent, averaging 37-40MPG, but it was 30-35MPG when my AC was working. Now that I am not running my AC, I am actually getting BETTER MPG. Go figure. Like the Navi and Aux port, plus it is fun and very easy to drive. Sucks that I have put so much into the car and gotten so little out of it.

MPG (not the 50 that was advertised) Poor engine build quality

used 2006
By june1986

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

just bought this baby for 11k with 101k miles, looks new, runs great. 41 mpg so far avg(first week) im still learning how to drive more efficently and its fun! i was looking at the FT-86 but decided to wait and got this in the meantime. i thought i would be disappointed but once i saw it in the metal and sat inside that all changed. great for adventures and wallets(30$ to fill up and first tank i got 460miles).

I would like it if i had more control over the assist and charging features.

LOVE my Civic Hybrid!
By dev87

Bought this car in November 2009 after making a move to Arkansas. I purchased it with only 48,000 miles on it, plus I lucked out because it is fully loaded with Navi and AUX input for my iPod. Had to drive two hours to Tulsa to get it but it was well worth it; the drive home was so much fun I didnt want to get out of the car when we finally made it back! Its been to Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, and I am always the one volunteering to drive because I love it so much. The turn signals on the mirrors are an awesome touch. Has been in the shop twice but only for recall fixes. Would absolutely buy again

GAS MILEAGE!! Navi, turn signals on mirrors, spacious enough for 5'7" and 6'1" drivers, big back seats for 60+lb Golden Retriever

Would have loved a sunroof. Only thing I miss about my 99 Accord