2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
What's the problem?
By xcivicx_1259 on 12/29/13 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people are really bashing on this Civic, people need to realize that Honda has ALWAYS been bad for road noise. It has always had a rough ride and has never had comfortable seating. If you want that kind of car, go buy a Cadillac. Next, if the exterior doesn't align DON'T BUY IT. It is the companies fault, not something you should take on. Also a lot of people complain about the car and they drive like idiots and don't take care of it. For the tranny issues. Just buy a manual, it is a lot easier to service a clutch than a auto transmission. It solves the gutless problem as well because of the direct drive, there is no slippage opposed to the auto.

Reliable, efficient, sporty and fun!
By Michael on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had a brand new 2010 Mazda 3 but got rid of it to buy a 4-year-old used Honda Civic for half the price. I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. I get great gas mileage (37 with mixed city/hwy), which is easily 12 mpg better than the Mazda! The interior styling is excellent - I have the beige interior and its so open, light and airy, especially with the sunroof. The seats are spacious and comfortable, and the trunk gives me plenty of storage space for hauling stuff. Back seats are pretty big for a coupe. Love the layout of all the instrumentation, including the handy steering wheel mounted audio controls.

Love my Civic EX!
By Laura on 08/27/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Civic EX Coupe with a manual transmission just over 2 years ago and still love it. Not only is it a great looking car, it's fun to drive. Very economical on gas and seems to get much better than stated in the reviews. I'm averaging about 33 mpg and that's mainly driving around town!

Great Little Car
By Austin on 05/15/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for almost 2 years now and I love it. My wife is the primary driver and she couldn't be happier with the styling, performance and gas mileage. The last 2 years we have driven it from Ohio to Savannah on vacation and have averaged 40 mpg on the highway. We avg about 34 with a combination of country and city driving. Plan on getting a second one soon!

Good but overated
By Fuad on 04/12/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good looking but the interior quality is rather questionable. Lots of cheap interior plastic makes the interior fragile. The gas mileage is pretty good and the power is adequate. I have a K&N cold air intake system and it helps.I actually had many complements about its looks. Its comfortable on long trips and is fun to drive. If you live in an area with many many potholes, I don't recommend you get this car because it will not take them without a flat tire or other damages.The rear visibility is an issue that you have to deal with if you intend to buy the coupe. I wish I waited a bit longer for a Mazda 3.

Two Years and No Complaints!
By Nicole on 03/13/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Civic for over two years now and I think it's a great car. It gets excellent gas mileage I get 32mpg city and if I do a lot of highway I get about 38mpg, I have gotten 400 miles to a tank. It feels like a well made car and I think for the price it is an excellent car that will last a long time, I'm planning on driving it into the ground. My only small complaint is it is not very good in the snow, but I would rather have that a few times a year than have to pay out the rear for a gas guzzling SUV. It's a sporty fun little car that gets alot of looks and is fun to drive!

I'm in love with a Civic
By jennerz22 on 07/11/07 23:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I knew I wanted this car from the moment I saw the Civic Si Concept. I searched and was able to find a Certified 06 with 14k miles on it, $3,000 below what I would have paid new! I love everything about this car. The interior always gets compliments. I have heard, "I love the little blue light" and "Your car looks like a space ship! How cool!" The interior plastic and paint could be of better quality but those are my only complaints. I average about 35-38 mpg in mixed driving. The sound system in the EX is great. 350 watts and 7 speakers! The engine has enough pep and the transmission shifts smoothly but loves to be pushed at times. You can't find a better car in this price range.

Darn NEAR perfect
By Linda on 03/20/07 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Civic for 1 1/2 years now and really love it. It does have some issues - passenger air bag light won't go off, horn broke, air crackles if turned up too high and there is a passenger airbag recall as well. But, those are all things that can be fixed and are somewhat expected for a car that was absolutely new when I bought it (new design and all). But, other than that, I love my car.

Cheap Interior Plastic
By sbs on 03/17/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car five months and already the inside looks like it's been 15. I've never seen plastic that scratched and got marked up so easily. Just a fingernail or accidentally brushing the seat belt buckle across it, mars it. Take a look at the plastic in your cars. Also, my paint on the outside is scratching and chipping like nothing I've ever experienced before. Buyer beware! I love my car and it really angers/saddens me, but am already looking to try and trade it out. The harder I try not to touch anything on the interior, the worse it gets. Plus, I shouldn't have to be driving on egg shells. What happened to Honda quality?

40 highway
By pete on 03/12/07 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

fun to drive, just drove 300 miles and refilled the tank with 7.5 gallons that equals 40 mpg all highway going 70 mph (sweet). i get 30 mpg around town.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.