2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Some thoughts about my 06 civic LX coupe (manual)
By jack_handy on 12/14/12 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car "newish" as a dealer demo from Richmond Hill Honda with +- 12,000 km on it. I had the HPF skirt package installed before I bought it. Today, (Dec 2012) I have over 210k kms on it. I sometimes tow a 700lb trailer with it for camping, I lug a car full of DJ gear with it too. This car's been a delight - a REAL PERFORMER. Muffler went at 100k, front rotors at 150k, battery after 4 yrs; all typical stuff if you ask me. I do the plugs myself and do all the other stuff on schedule. "This car doesn't owe me nothin' :) " and has been 100% reliable ALWAYS. Clearcoat on the hood has failed (cracked/split) and others have experienced same (on forums); I'm living with it.

Great little car
By iacivic06 on 03/19/12 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Civic in November of 2005, one of the first 8th gen civics in my area. It been a great car, very reliable and perform well. With the exception of check engine light for and 02 sensor twice, I have not had it in the shop for anything. It still looks great.

Great car for the money
By Fellcolor on 08/26/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely the fastest base model civic, and a real charm to drive. I put over 90,000 miles on the car in less than four years, from NYC at Friday commute to the length of Highway 1, and hour upon hour in Chicago rush hour. I had no regrets, and am not convinced that my new car will be as reliable over the next year as this car would be. The cabin is spacious and ergonomic. The speedometer is well placed and sufficiently easy to read that it becomes second nature. Visibility is certainly good enough. There are a lot of things that annoy me about this car, but it took a lot of thought and substantially more money to replace the car after years of hard use.

Unpleasant Car
By veryslowdriver on 12/14/07 07:55 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this for commuting and city use. Seats seemed comfortable in test drive but real back achers in day-to-day-use. Miserable. Powertrain was so so. It could rev up but it was just business. Terrible shifter. Avg 30mpg. Hugely annoying interior rattles that dealer said were normal and would not fix. Handling was only average - a compromise of compromises, not comfortable, not precise, even w/good Michelin tires. My third new Honda and my very last. This seems like an excellent chassis, but not correctly exploited. Toyota Corolla a better choice for a commuter compact, quieter and better mannered. All in all, the car made me miserable. Sold at 6700 mi

Love my Honda Civic
By Marianne on 01/04/07 13:27 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is such a cute, sporty little car. It turns heads, drives beautifully, is so very peppy. It's an adorable looking little sport car wannabe that one has to smile at, with its little shelf spoiler. One design flaw with this and many other makes and models: no safe visibility when backing up. The upward flare of the new designs creates a huge blind spot.

Uhh, it's pretty awesome
By chevster on 11/15/06 07:09 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car overall is excellent, great handling, awesome gas mileage, and decent power as long as you stay in the power band. The only problem I have with the car is the spongy clutch which feels like a video game, causing me at least, to grind a gear or two every once in a while.

A Sporty & fuel efficient alternative!
By Loving06Civic on 09/22/06 02:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasant car to drive, tight suspension and handles nice. With a 50 mile round trip commute it's pretty comfortable for a large stocky 6+ ft male. Not seeing the hood takes a bit getting used too but my last honda was similar. Overall this car is very fun to drive and cruise around town. Love the sporty exterior thats not plain looking. Great car as you come to expect from Honda.!! Recommend.

Fun little car
By kc on 08/25/06 05:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a ball to drive. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. The only minor things I don't like are the blind spot where the windshield comes together with the side windows (makes it hard to see because this area is very wide), and the rear seating in the center is not comfortable at all. The other rear seats are surprisingly comfortable for such a compact car. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Honda Civic '06
By hury Martinez on 07/25/06 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I had purchased this car, I thought it was going to give me 40 mpg, but the average it does is 33 . I only take the freeway to work .That was my biggest thing was gas living in California. It becomes my first priority.

Great car
By jonathan on 07/24/06 10:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First manual transmission I've ever driven. Easy to learn smooth clutch. Highly recommend for all users. Not the greatest pick up, but for a 4 cyl fuel efficient car, second to none.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.