Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

CANT PLEASE EVERYONE!
By Katman

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent car, I find it strange that you have a handful of complainers out of over 800 reviews. I don't even bother looking at those reviews when you have almost a 5 star score and just a few 1-2 stars.

pos
By jerry wienstein

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Worst car I have ever owned , nothing but one failure after another and its only got 80,000 mi . I'm not sure if I'm going to fix anything more since the engine block could crack and render the car junkyard bound .

Unbeatable Value
By C-bus Hayden

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I live in South Central Indiana and I purchased my 2006 Civic Ex Coupe in the summer of 2013 from its original dealer in Richmond, KY. This Civic was 7 years old at that time and had just 49K miles on it (avg 7k miles a year). The car was serviced at that dealer and well maintained. I have been extremely pleased with how this vehicle has held up the past 53K miles. The past 2 years my round trip to work has averaged 60 miles a day. Those 2 years include driving through Indiana's worst winter in over 40 years and this car was able to make it each day with no trouble on regular tires. This trim level of the Coupe EX has appealing styling and a sporty look. The coupe comes with the premium sound system (over twice as many watts as the sedan sound system) and it is a great value for a car at this price point. The electronics have worked flawlessly and the interior has worn well. In the summer time I love this car because of the sunroof which works flawlessly after over 100K miles now. This car has required virtually no maintenance. Tires and brakes have worn just fine for the miles I put on this machine (over 25K a year since purchase). I would say I take above average care of my vehicles. I am diligent with keeping this vehicle clean, fluids changed, and routine maintenance is done on time. I love searching for cars and often consider upgrading to an Accord Coupe, TSX, or possibly a Tacoma but this Civic has been so strong and it is paid for. If I am smart I will keep it well beyond 200K miles. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Love my Civic
By Kristy Torpin

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned my 06 civic for two years. Driving in between the valley and la everyday. Only repairs that I had to make was replacing the starter. Other than that the car ran great! It doesn't have too much get up and go on the freeway. But it got me around great. I loved it!

Blind spots in the front. Emergency break in weird spot for drivers that have long legs.

My Two Cents
By gkh3

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Civic LX coupe new in July 2006. After nearly 9 years and 85,000 miles this car has been just about problem free... averaging over 30 mpg consistently. Yes, the ride is bouncy and yes it can be loud but I knew that going in. If you want super quiet and cushy... get a Cadillac. My only regret is not getting the ex version.

Love the paint color: Atomic Blue. Seating position perfect for me. Consistently great gas mileage.

Not a super fan of the digital speedo... but have gotten used to is. B-Pillars create massive blind spots... be careful backing up. Paint became worn right above rear window... repainted for free (class action lawsuit). Rearview mirrors not hinged and I have taken the drivers side one out twice. Drivers side visor fell apart... replaced (free: another class action lawsuit)... now the other one is going which I am now going to have to pay for to fix... grrrr.