Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love my Civic
By Kristy Torpin

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned my 06 civic for two years. Driving in between the valley and la everyday. Only repairs that I had to make was replacing the starter. Other than that the car ran great! It doesn't have too much get up and go on the freeway. But it got me around great. I loved it!

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots in the front. Emergency break in weird spot for drivers that have long legs.

My Two Cents
By gkh3

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Civic LX coupe new in July 2006. After nearly 9 years and 85,000 miles this car has been just about problem free... averaging over 30 mpg consistently. Yes, the ride is bouncy and yes it can be loud but I knew that going in. If you want super quiet and cushy... get a Cadillac. My only regret is not getting the ex version.

Favorite Features

Love the paint color: Atomic Blue. Seating position perfect for me. Consistently great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Not a super fan of the digital speedo... but have gotten used to is. B-Pillars create massive blind spots... be careful backing up. Paint became worn right above rear window... repainted for free (class action lawsuit). Rearview mirrors not hinged and I have taken the drivers side one out twice. Drivers side visor fell apart... replaced (free: another class action lawsuit)... now the other one is going which I am now going to have to pay for to fix... grrrr.

Bitter sweet
By msalp80

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2006 Civic brand new. There were a few issues within the 1st 26000 miles. The battery and the engine had to be replaced right at 26k. I've read that this was a common problem with this model. The car was still under warranty during that time, so it wasn't a big deal. Then at around 80k miles or so my CD player went out. My warranty was up, so I opted not to get it fixed and just used my AUX input, to listen to my MP3. Other than that I hadn't had any mechanical problems until now, besides regular maintenance and my civic has 268k miles. I think she's about ready to quit on me. I haven't had it diagnosed yet but I think I'm going to retire her and get an Accord. $17k well spent.

Favorite Features

Updated digital dashboard, technologically savvy interior design. futuristic body style, AUX jack, gas mileage, low maintenance, lifetime oil changes after trade-in of older model.

Suggested Improvements

Make sun visors more durable. They were replaced twice and now they're both broken again. Better quality CD player because it should not have gone out so soon. Also, the paint fades horribly on the fenders and hood. It aged my car dramatically before it's time.

What's the problem?
By xcivicx_1259

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people are really bashing on this Civic, people need to realize that Honda has ALWAYS been bad for road noise. It has always had a rough ride and has never had comfortable seating. If you want that kind of car, go buy a Cadillac. Next, if the exterior doesn't align DON'T BUY IT. It is the companies fault, not something you should take on. Also a lot of people complain about the car and they drive like idiots and don't take care of it. For the tranny issues. Just buy a manual, it is a lot easier to service a clutch than a auto transmission. It solves the gutless problem as well because of the direct drive, there is no slippage opposed to the auto.

Favorite Features

Interior and Exterior Design, people call it cheap. But those people are also the ones who drive their vehicles into the ground and don't care for them.

Suggested Improvements

Just the control arm in the rear suspension to help with the wear of the tires. If you get it fixed quickly then the problem does not cost hardly any money. Also the window angle does need changing for most people because of glare. Being over 6 feet tall, I do not have a problem with it though. Another solution is to buy polarized sunglasses when you drive.

Blind spots a killer.
By bstern92

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The only thing I like about the car is the exterior design. The seats are uncomfortable and cheap. The armrest is worn out already. The sun visors are broken. The drivers side is getting ready for it's third one. I will give honda credit for the leg room in the back seat. The front pillars create a huge blind spot and you can't see anything. Besides that, the car is very reliable. I woudn't get another one.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list.