2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
What's the problem?
By xcivicx_1259 on 12/29/13 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people are really bashing on this Civic, people need to realize that Honda has ALWAYS been bad for road noise. It has always had a rough ride and has never had comfortable seating. If you want that kind of car, go buy a Cadillac. Next, if the exterior doesn't align DON'T BUY IT. It is the companies fault, not something you should take on. Also a lot of people complain about the car and they drive like idiots and don't take care of it. For the tranny issues. Just buy a manual, it is a lot easier to service a clutch than a auto transmission. It solves the gutless problem as well because of the direct drive, there is no slippage opposed to the auto.

Blind spots a killer.
By bstern92 on 09/10/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The only thing I like about the car is the exterior design. The seats are uncomfortable and cheap. The armrest is worn out already. The sun visors are broken. The drivers side is getting ready for it's third one. I will give honda credit for the leg room in the back seat. The front pillars create a huge blind spot and you can't see anything. Besides that, the car is very reliable. I woudn't get another one.

QUALITY, COMFORT, SAFETY
By molloy10 on 04/18/13 16:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had "0" problems with my Civic. the car has performed better than I expected when I received the car in 2006. I had a minor front end collision back in 2008 and the service/collision team at rick case handled the repair quickly and to my satisfaction. I hope to be a Honda customer for a long time thanks to the great service at Rick Case.

Some thoughts about my 06 civic LX coupe (manual)
By jack_handy on 12/14/12 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car "newish" as a dealer demo from Richmond Hill Honda with +- 12,000 km on it. I had the HPF skirt package installed before I bought it. Today, (Dec 2012) I have over 210k kms on it. I sometimes tow a 700lb trailer with it for camping, I lug a car full of DJ gear with it too. This car's been a delight - a REAL PERFORMER. Muffler went at 100k, front rotors at 150k, battery after 4 yrs; all typical stuff if you ask me. I do the plugs myself and do all the other stuff on schedule. "This car doesn't owe me nothin' :) " and has been 100% reliable ALWAYS. Clearcoat on the hood has failed (cracked/split) and others have experienced same (on forums); I'm living with it.

Unreliable in its later years
By _pioneer_ on 05/06/12 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Look at the problems people are having with this generation of Civic at 8thcivic.com forums. My vehicle did not want to start and it was a key mobilizer problem. The sun visors kept falling down and blocking half of my vision and it took Honda years to issue a service bulletin to get it fixed. My driver window fell down inside the door TWICE due to a plastic clip. Now I just had the engine block crack and the dealership tells me a motor mount is broken and my transmission fluid is leaking a bit. I've had a 1983 & 1999 Civic and currently have a 2000 with 172K miles that has had less problems than this 2006 with 132K miles. Honda's cost cutting has made me buy a Sonata. Honda isn't the same.

Great little car
By iacivic06 on 03/19/12 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Civic in November of 2005, one of the first 8th gen civics in my area. It been a great car, very reliable and perform well. With the exception of check engine light for and 02 sensor twice, I have not had it in the shop for anything. It still looks great.

Civic SUCKs!
By bigblueguy2012 on 02/06/12 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new 2006 Civic I thought it would be cool because of their new design. I had this car for more than 6yrs now. Well, I had 2 Major problems with this car and bad service experience with the dealership. My first major problem with 06' Civic was an Engine Block recall. Secondly, 06' Civic broke down in the middle of the road due to computer/wire problem. This car has 55,000 mileage and never used it for a long drive and never been a abuse driver. Anyways, obviously this car is absolute FAILURE! and i will never drive/buy HONDA CARS ever! and NEVER RECOMMEND!.

A buy to be proud of
By del21 on 05/19/11 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in April 2006 with 3 miles for my high school daughter when she was in the 10th grade. She is about to start her senior year in college. The car now has 49771 miles. I have never had to have it in the shop. I have only purchased new steel rims to replace bent ones that were her fault. It has been nice knowing that she is in a safe and reliable car 400 miles away from home in college. I would recommend this car for anyone. The trunk is roomy to carry all her things home after each semester. It is fun to drive and 5 years later she still gets compliments on it. Worth every dollar i spent on it and it is paid for.

Still going strong
By sassy1866 on 03/01/11 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have 49k on my car and have never had a problem with it. I still make sure to keep up with the maintenance. The ride is ok but can be rough sometimes. I'll probably keep it another year or two as long as I don't have to sink any money into it.

great car poor quality of interior
By drain90 on 01/12/11 19:02 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

my dad got this car new and then gave it to me in 08 with 70000 miles on it. and he has never had to have major work on it. and i put like 30000 miles on it and it still runs like new. my only complaint with this car was that the interior was real cheap both my visors melted off during the summer and a lot of other little things messing up like the outlet for phone charger not working and i had problems with my door not locking. but over all its a fun car to drive its got a little balls real good on gas and looks good

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.