2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Nearly Flawless
By bobby23 on 11/26/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over 59,000 in 3.5 years and the only things I had to do was oil change and tire replacement and rotation and wiper blade replacement... that was it! I didn't beat it, but drove it as hard as anyone has driven any car. Some of the best seats I've ever sat in. Great sound system except for the rattle from the back panel that covers the rear speakers and subwoofer. 3rd gear was fussy on occasion. If a car is too fast, you don't get to enjoy it enough on public roads because you can't explore it's limits... The si is perfect because it's somewhat quick, it's agile, and it sounds great taking it to 8,000 rpms through 4 gears! I just turned the 06 in for a '10.

I love it!
By Stabi on 09/22/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for three thousand miles and I love it! The shifts are always smooth, has adequate pickup in low rpm range if you want to get good gas mileage, but stomp down on the gas and you really go! Disappointed with quality of peripherals. Bought the car used with 53k, after 1k miles needed a new idler pulley. Fixed the idler pulley and they told me that the tensioner pulley bearing is going bad too. Not to mention spending 10 hours getting my third gear fixed. While I did that I had to get my sun visor replaced ($75) it was falling apart. All in the first month of my owning (53-54k miles).

Si Good Buy
By Chuchlain on 01/31/09 21:57 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car is great I bought the car used with 7000 miles on it. I average about 23-27 MPG in town and 30-35 freeway but on one trip was averaging 40 mpg. I have had only one complaint and that is I got the Si which came with Michelin Pilot MXMA tires great tires but the soft rubber I had to replace within 20k miles not a big deal since they are a strictly sport tire not made for snow or rainy conditions. So I got a all season sport tire and no problems. I would definitely recommend this car as only maintenance I have done is oil changes and I've had no problems.

06 civic Si
By 06sicoupe on 10/16/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over all I'm very satisfied with my purchase. Performance, fuel, economy and looks are all up to par on this car. I sold my 04 RSX type S for this and i believe it was a good choice.

The Si
By Caryn on 04/28/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I found that the Si is a great car overall except for the gas aspect. Overall i enjoy owning/driving this vehicle. It has great pickup and a smooth drive no matter what speed you are at.

Multipule Personalities
By Nlove on 04/24/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the most well balanced vehicle on the market for Performance/Econ. Stomp on it and ride the red line this car feels like a mini formula 1 but on the other hand I drove this car from Pagosa Springs CO. to Payson AZ driving 70mph in 6th gear on 1 tank of gas and got 41 mpg yes I said 41 mpg. Honda Engineers should me awarded for this one. For the ones who don't like to ride the red line don't buy this car get the civic ex (have one of those two) the extra power isn't usable until 6800 rpms. This is a fun fun ride that Honda really did their homework on. Thanks Honda for making this Civic SI.

Somewhat disappointed
By brandonavich on 12/30/07 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car on a whim, remembering my CRX Si from years ago. I hoped it could match the fun-factor that car had. Instead, this model feels a little nose heavy, and Honda has taken the "soul" out of the Si line. It has never left me straded, but there are little things here and there that i have had to visit the dealer for. It scoots ok when you ring it out, but is cumbersome in city driving due to its lack of torque. I would be happier if they got the weight down a little and increased low end torque so i am not revving to 4k rpms just to get up to speed. overall, a decently quick mode of transportation, but there are better choices out there.

Let 'er scream
By lookingglass on 12/25/07 20:14 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

With about 25,000 miles on the car, and having read most of the online reviews of this car I wanted to add my two cents worth. The car is great as a small performance car. Handling is superb, it is quite fast. The two tiered dash takes a lot to get used to. The throttle hang that many complained of began to disappear at around 15,000 miles and now is mostly non-existent unless she's cold. The third gear notchyness that many complained of was noticeable when the car was cold during the first winter but this winter has not appeared. Honda has a new gear lube for this tranny for winter driving. Overall, the car is a gas to drive, is very comfortable for two, very high build quality.

06 Si
By 06FG2 on 11/28/07 21:30 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is really fun to drive. It has great cornering. 8300k rev. Best looking Civic so far.

Make That V-Tec Noise
By Rev Happy on 10/08/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As we pass the threshold of middle age, we decided that life is short to drive a boring car. Enter a S2000, extreme fun, not practical. So our test drives, (What didn't we test drive!) reviews, (thanks Edmunds) lead us to two choices, a GTI and the Si. We bought both(his and hers). I got the Si. Comfortable, extreme handling, braking, snick snick shifting, confidence inspiring, what a blast. Drive it like a Civic, than hit that Vtec, it becomes the S2000.(well almost) Ride comfort who cares.Do 20 MPH or 90 MPH the car feels and responds sensationally. Plenty of room for this 6 footer plus a trunk and fold down seats make this a everyday joy. Outward vision excellent. Note: Buy a radar detector

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.