Used 2006 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2006 Civic: No Problems
By drm52

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased June, 2006. Daily driver. No problems. No repairs required Everything still feels tight and new. Even have the original brake pads after 84,375 miles.

Favorite Features

I am 6'5" and fit in it. Cannot wear a hat though. Exellent mileage. Good response once the revs are up.

Suggested Improvements

A little more torque would be nice. Less road noise would be nice.

Best Honda I've owned so far!
By hondaluv3r2006

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic from a private party back in March of 2012 with 136,000 miles already on it. All I can say so far since I've owned it is one word... Awsome! Even with so many miles on it I've had zero major problems with it. Only minor problem so far was I had to replace the cowling along the base of the winshield due to the passenger side became unclipped and interfered with wiper arm operation. Bought and installed the part myself and problem gone. Also part of the plastic handle on the ebrake is coming lose but still works just fine. It's my first Civic, but I've always driven Hondas cause of their long history of durability. Way to go Honda!! Keep bringing us the good cars we love!!

Favorite Features

I love the digital speedometer, but it takes getting used to versus a dial speedo, but it cools so cool! Car seems pretty quick when you step on it. I love the i-vtec system in it as it helps a lot with fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would say here is that Honda should have corrected the rear upper control arm issue before releasing the car. I had to pay to get mine replaced because it was over the 35k to get it done no cost. I had to replace all tires after too so with the $500 repair for the control arms, and the $600 i spent on new tires, it cost a fortune to fix when it should have not been an issue from the start. Other than that, I have no complains about the car. I love it!!

Civic snow dilemma
By melekpod

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda has been reliable in fair weather and rain, but snow, I find it a problem to get up some of the smallest hills. I bought a manual transmission hoping I would have more control in the snow. I thought it was the tires, so I bought new tires, still have the same problems. Also, I open the window and water seems to pour in on the controls when it's raining and rolling the window down usually has cleared the windows in past vehicles, but it doesn't, seems the like the rubber squeegy is on the wrong side of the window? Had a ford contour w/ no problems in snow.

Favorite Features

smooth shifting, has pep, seats are comfortable. It has a good look.

Suggested Improvements

I improve snow driving along with a rain guard over door or rain path from roof to window. Rolling down the windows should wipe rain drops off the window, do something about that.

Replacing my Acura
By Lilly

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Knowing that I couldn't afford a new Acura, I decided that a Honda was the next best thing and I wasn't disappointed. The car is cute, comfortable, safe, and reliable. The gas mileage is fantastic - I have never gotten under 32 mpg and I have gotten up to 39. Turning radius is good and the brakes are very tight, just the way I like it. The clutch is solid, allows for a broad range of shifting times, and is fast and easy to use. Can't wait for my first road trip with it!

Favorite Features

The first would be the mpg. If you shift properly, you can easily get the estimated ratings. Second would be the interior. The Civic has an amazing amount of interior space for a car of such small size. Everyone I've driven has been very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The headrests actually push your head forward which is TERRIBLE for your spine. I have back and neck issues so this annoys me. Have to keep the seat tilted backward. Also, why aren't there any rear wipers?? It's impossible to see where the car begins or ends. I have yet to brave parallel parking.

Turned me into a Believer
By Cory

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All I can say is wow! The transmission is quite possibly the smoothest I've ever had the pleasure of shifting. Gas mileage has lived up to it's name. The worst tank I've gotten so far is 28 mpg, and that was all stop and go traffic. Average has been 34 mpg with mixed driving. Engine is very quiet, hasn't burned a drop of oil yet. Lots of pickup for a sedan, screaming to red line every once in a while is quite fun. Handling is superb, control layouts are intuitive. Everyone gushes at the deceivingly large interior. Great looks, reliability, performance, never thought I'd drive anything but Subaru. Honda changed my whole outlook. Excellent car I'll recommend to anyone in the future!

Favorite Features

Incredibly smooth tranny, LOTS of room for passengers, a/c blows COOOooooold, excellent fuel economy, the entire layout of the interior makes me smile every time I jump in my car, adjustable armrest is great for long drives, sunroof, peppy engine, no maintenance issues, beautiful lines, everything

Suggested Improvements

The wind noise (isn't noticeable if you have music going), and those weird little triangle windows. The stereo is decent highs but not enough low end juice. That's why we have aftermarket stereos i guess :) LOL if those are the only things I'm complaining about, I think we have a winner folks!