2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Saved My Life!
By Jennifer on 07/23/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Honda Civic and drove it for 2 1/2 years. LOVED it! Smooth, has great power, comfortable, perfect size. In August of 2008 I was rear ended in the fast lane of a 4-lane freeway. I was struck so hard my car flew sideways into the next lane where my drivers side door slammed into the back end of another car at a 90 degree angle. I then flew across 2 more lanes of traffic, up the embankment and into the scrub trees. I walked away with a bruised arm and a cracked rib. No whiplash, no serious broken bones. My car was totaled, but I found had retained 100% of it's value! His insurance gave me exactly what I'd paid for it 2 1/2 years earlier! I went out and bought a 2008 Honda Civic!

Good Transportation
By D Hare on 04/26/09 15:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

RATING 3/4 of 5 - DX-G, MAN. TRANS., CANADA BUILT, 27K MILES. Overall a good/very good car for city/highway driving. PLUS: Styling, Fuel Efficiency, Maintenance/Reliability, Road Feel/Turning, Drives Straight, No Vibration, Starts at - 45! Great for shorter drivers, Fun 2 Drive. MINUS: Fit & Finish - paint, plastics used (scratches easily), Some parts slightly misaligned, Front end is low to ground; some people may have difficulty entering/exiting car; if not aware, may easily hit concrete barriers while parking, trunk space good for small jobs, Suspension has started to squeak over small bumps, Factory tires will need to be replaced due to softer factory tires.

Honda Interior
By Hondared2006 on 03/20/09 02:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Major problems with interior and trim, panels on inside of car by roof and window. Honda had to re built a major engine part. When car was 2 years out of warranty. For the most the car is outstanding on gas. Handles and drives great. Lots of room in trunk. Comfortable! I just wish the interior was a little better.

Love our car
By floyd barnes on 05/25/06 01:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We drove to L.A.and back it was great. Ran well drove around 70 got 45 mpg and love every miniute of the drive. Honda did the job right.

fun toy
By adjaloo siam on 03/09/06 14:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is really a fun toy. It's so sleek from the outside you think it's some fighter plane or something. Mine can shift with just two fingers. it's damn too good of a car

Why not perfect
By jack riley on 10/09/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is good. I don't understand that a car maker with so much experience has not realized that the headroom is too low. They improved to make the car wider and longer, but failed to recognize to improve on the headroom like Toyota and other car manufacturers did. That's too bad , because now we have to wait another 10 years for the next model change.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.