Used 2006 Honda Civic DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
Saved My Life!
By Jennifer

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Honda Civic and drove it for 2 1/2 years. LOVED it! Smooth, has great power, comfortable, perfect size. In August of 2008 I was rear ended in the fast lane of a 4-lane freeway. I was struck so hard my car flew sideways into the next lane where my drivers side door slammed into the back end of another car at a 90 degree angle. I then flew across 2 more lanes of traffic, up the embankment and into the scrub trees. I walked away with a bruised arm and a cracked rib. No whiplash, no serious broken bones. My car was totaled, but I found had retained 100% of it's value! His insurance gave me exactly what I'd paid for it 2 1/2 years earlier! I went out and bought a 2008 Honda Civic!

Favorite Features

Smooth! Has great pickup and gets great gas mileage. The car is small, but very roomy inside! The trunk is HUGE! Comfortable, easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

At first people are taken aback by the interior 'space age' look, but once you've driven it for a couple of years you get used to it and even like it!

Good Transportation
By D Hare

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

RATING 3/4 of 5 - DX-G, MAN. TRANS., CANADA BUILT, 27K MILES. Overall a good/very good car for city/highway driving. PLUS: Styling, Fuel Efficiency, Maintenance/Reliability, Road Feel/Turning, Drives Straight, No Vibration, Starts at - 45! Great for shorter drivers, Fun 2 Drive. MINUS: Fit & Finish - paint, plastics used (scratches easily), Some parts slightly misaligned, Front end is low to ground; some people may have difficulty entering/exiting car; if not aware, may easily hit concrete barriers while parking, trunk space good for small jobs, Suspension has started to squeak over small bumps, Factory tires will need to be replaced due to softer factory tires.

Favorite Features

Styling, fuel efficient, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

(1) Better fit and finish (2)Higher Road Clearance (3) Better factory tires (4) Bigger trunk (5) Fix the squeak defect in the suspension (6) Better design so 6 ft drivers can have eyes lining up with mid-point of windshield, as it is now taller drivers' eyes line up with top portion of windshield!

fun toy
By adjaloo siam

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is really a fun toy. It's so sleek from the outside you think it's some fighter plane or something. Mine can shift with just two fingers. it's damn too good of a car

Favorite Features

instrument panel and the shift stick

Suggested Improvements

more power

Honda Interior
By Hondared2006

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Major problems with interior and trim, panels on inside of car by roof and window. Honda had to re built a major engine part. When car was 2 years out of warranty. For the most the car is outstanding on gas. Handles and drives great. Lots of room in trunk. Comfortable! I just wish the interior was a little better.

Favorite Features

Design, Great on Gas, trunk space, sun roof

Suggested Improvements

interior cheap trim, cheap sun visor

Love our car
By floyd barnes

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We drove to L.A.and back it was great. Ran well drove around 70 got 45 mpg and love every miniute of the drive. Honda did the job right.

Favorite Features

The car itself and we love the color silver gray with a touch of brown. Gas mileage, it's like we are paying $1.50 for gas. We go twice as far the same as cutting prices in 1/2. 50% less

Suggested Improvements

The braking on a hybrid is a bit different from a regular gas car. It takes some getting used to try and fix this, or inform the buyer at time of purchase.