Used 2006 Honda Civic DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Ultimate in Affordability
By Geezyss

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car when oil prices were skyrocketing and cannot believe how much it saved me! I was driving a 2005 Pontiac GP and only got 22 mpg on average. I get about 35 mpg with my Honda! My best tank was 43.2. My worst tank (on purpose) was 29.7. I just wish it was a 6 speed. I would like to see how much better I can get on the highway cruising at 1800-2000 RPMs instead of 3000. It is so much fun driving this beast. The new 1.8L engine purrs wonderfully. It can really get up and go fast. The new two-tier dash is pretty slick looking. I can always just see how fast I am going without taking my eyes off the road, which is nice without a cruise control feature. You will not be disappointed. :)

Favorite Features

New engine, two-tier dash, body style, overall size

Suggested Improvements

6 speed standard on all models instead of just the Si. One thing I found pretty annoying was when I am driving more than one other person, the passenger seat does not move forward when collapsed! You have to use the bar under the seat to move it forward then back again and readjust the seat angle.

Great Little Car For Sure!
By Bernice Arnold

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Leased in 2006 and best decision I ever made. Had an oil leak in the first week of leasing but Honda was fantastic in replacing with all new parts and haven't had ANY problems since. Mileage is great and this car handles like a charm. Highly recommend a civic to anyone who wants fuel efficiency, a reliable vehicle and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Favorite Features

Love how it handles on the highway and at the fuel pumps. Comfortable for long drives with good leg room. A solid little car with a no nonsense attitude.

Suggested Improvements

Bit of a blind spot where the pillar separates driver's window and back passenger window. Makes it a bit difficult to see when wanting to change lanes. Have heard from other civic coupe owners who have the same problem. Other then that, I wouldn't hesitate to lease a civic coupe again.

great looking economical car
By mike fleming

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. comfortable, reliable, 40 mpg, good looking, quiet, good in snow.

Favorite Features

styling, gas mileage, good power, quiet, comfortable, plenty of room to haul stuff with the back seat folded down

Suggested Improvements

windshield wipers are a little noisy, they clunk. Pretty trivial complaint

Huge Blind Spot
By Ztrain

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. But the elongated sleek space capsule design that won it the Motor Trend car of the year for all models is also one that brings its biggest weak spot. The back part of the support of the roof leaves huge blind spots. It's a blast in the 5 speed. And it's about the easiest car ever to drive. You won't have a problem teaching someone how to drive a stick with the very forgiving clutch and easy gear pattern. Good acceleration as well.

Favorite Features

The digital LED speedometer, odometer, gas gauge are pretty cool to go with the two tier dash. Trekkies and techies will like the high tech and interesting dash as well as overall look. The sunroof is also way cool with the electric open/close.

Suggested Improvements

It's pretty nerve-wracking to merge onto a busy interstate with how bad the visibility is for the blind spot. A car could easily hide in the space that is concealed. Prefer openness of the Accord in this regard. The side panels are very easy to scratch/scuff up and the new look quickly fades.

honda coupe 2006
By Jennie

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The dash has the best miles per hour and lighted dash I have ever seen in a car. The speed you are going is displayed where you hardly have to move your head down to see it. I looked at a lot of cars, it is by far the best for the money.

Favorite Features

dash set up and exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

at dusk the instrument panel is hard to see.