2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good all around vehicle
By gdheart07 on 07/25/14 21:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 92 Acura Vigor and a 2007 Honda Odyssey along with my 06 Civic. Contrary to the complaints that I have viewed here, our Civic has been a champion. The handling fits between my Vigor and Odyssey. It handles crisp like my Vigor without the stiff ride. It gets 40 mpg with the a/c on at 77 mph. I just replaced the rear brake pads at 74,000. It is only on its second set of tires. Knock on wood, I'll keep it as long as it continues to perform like it has.

What's the problem?
By xcivicx_1259 on 12/29/13 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people are really bashing on this Civic, people need to realize that Honda has ALWAYS been bad for road noise. It has always had a rough ride and has never had comfortable seating. If you want that kind of car, go buy a Cadillac. Next, if the exterior doesn't align DON'T BUY IT. It is the companies fault, not something you should take on. Also a lot of people complain about the car and they drive like idiots and don't take care of it. For the tranny issues. Just buy a manual, it is a lot easier to service a clutch than a auto transmission. It solves the gutless problem as well because of the direct drive, there is no slippage opposed to the auto.

Blind spots a killer.
By bstern92 on 09/10/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The only thing I like about the car is the exterior design. The seats are uncomfortable and cheap. The armrest is worn out already. The sun visors are broken. The drivers side is getting ready for it's third one. I will give honda credit for the leg room in the back seat. The front pillars create a huge blind spot and you can't see anything. Besides that, the car is very reliable. I woudn't get another one.

Not again not very reliable.
By chris_m387 on 08/01/13 22:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I used to own an 06 Civic it was fun to drive very responsive. But had too many problems. At 32,000miles the speakers went out warranty didn't cover it paid out of pocket, then the control arms, struts and wheel bearing were very bad had to pay out of pockets, at 45,800 replaced front brake pads. Tires worn unevenly went thru 4 sets of tire and had the same problem, I took a family road trip and out of nowhere the car lost traction and ended up spinning off road in Iowa. Had problems with the airbag sensor. At 60,000miles had to replace both ball joints. And was very bad in snow even with the best winter tires. ABS didn't work good. So I had enough and got an 07 Hyundai Sonata V6 SE.

2006 Civic: No Problems
By drm52 on 07/16/13 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased June, 2006. Daily driver. No problems. No repairs required Everything still feels tight and new. Even have the original brake pads after 84,375 miles.

Poorly Built, Unreliable Honda
By drgoodson on 05/13/13 22:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and I am very unhappy with it. I first had the problem with the struts/supports in the rear end. One place thought it was bad shocks, but a former Honda certified mechanic figured it out and replaced them after I had worn out 2 sets of tires. Now I've just had the problem with the belt tensioner bolt, although my car was not recalled, and that cost me another chunk of change. I previously owned 3 used Hondas and they were all very good and reliable cars. Not so with this one, so I would advise everyone not to buy one of these as a used car. No more Hondas for me based upon my very poor experience with this car! Whatever happened to Honda reliability?

Poor Reliability
By jessecornel on 05/10/13 14:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

From the time that we bought this vehicle new from a dealer, we have been disapointed. Within a few weeks the battery failed, and was replaced. Within a year the condensor of the airconditer failed and was replaced. Due a manufacturers defect the exhause bubbled the rear plastic bumper, and Honda denied responsibility. At 35000 miles the struts wore out and honda denied responsibility. At 60000 miles the air conditioning compressor failed. At 75000 miles both the front struts and rear shocks failed causing a $900 repair and then a new set of tires. So the struts failed twice in 75000 miles. There is no warranty, and Honda denies culpability.

QUALITY, COMFORT, SAFETY
By molloy10 on 04/18/13 16:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had "0" problems with my Civic. the car has performed better than I expected when I received the car in 2006. I had a minor front end collision back in 2008 and the service/collision team at rick case handled the repair quickly and to my satisfaction. I hope to be a Honda customer for a long time thanks to the great service at Rick Case.

Some thoughts about my 06 civic LX coupe (manual)
By jack_handy on 12/14/12 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car "newish" as a dealer demo from Richmond Hill Honda with +- 12,000 km on it. I had the HPF skirt package installed before I bought it. Today, (Dec 2012) I have over 210k kms on it. I sometimes tow a 700lb trailer with it for camping, I lug a car full of DJ gear with it too. This car's been a delight - a REAL PERFORMER. Muffler went at 100k, front rotors at 150k, battery after 4 yrs; all typical stuff if you ask me. I do the plugs myself and do all the other stuff on schedule. "This car doesn't owe me nothin' :) " and has been 100% reliable ALWAYS. Clearcoat on the hood has failed (cracked/split) and others have experienced same (on forums); I'm living with it.

Best Honda I've owned so far!
By hondaluv3r2006 on 12/06/12 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic from a private party back in March of 2012 with 136,000 miles already on it. All I can say so far since I've owned it is one word... Awsome! Even with so many miles on it I've had zero major problems with it. Only minor problem so far was I had to replace the cowling along the base of the winshield due to the passenger side became unclipped and interfered with wiper arm operation. Bought and installed the part myself and problem gone. Also part of the plastic handle on the ebrake is coming lose but still works just fine. It's my first Civic, but I've always driven Hondas cause of their long history of durability. Way to go Honda!! Keep bringing us the good cars we love!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.