2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love my Civic
By Kristy Torpin on 02/22/15 16:28 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned my 06 civic for two years. Driving in between the valley and la everyday. Only repairs that I had to make was replacing the starter. Other than that the car ran great! It doesn't have too much get up and go on the freeway. But it got me around great. I loved it!

My first and last Honda
By phillipotto on 01/30/15 22:04 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car on the recommendations of several friends who have owned Honda's in the past. I had previously owned Fords and Dodge's. We have had nothing but troubles with this car. 3 sets of rear tires worn on the inside in 72k miles. When I took it to the dealer under warranty, after wearing the first set out in 17k miles, I asked to have the car put on the alignment rack and have the rear camber checked. The Joliet Honda Service manager was arrogant and said that we must have overloaded the car and that the camber was within spec's. When the second set wore out they refused to even address the problem. There was a recall for the camber plates and was told that it wasn't a safety prob

My Two Cents
By gkh3 on 01/30/15 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Civic LX coupe new in July 2006. After nearly 9 years and 85,000 miles this car has been just about problem free... averaging over 30 mpg consistently. Yes, the ride is bouncy and yes it can be loud but I knew that going in. If you want super quiet and cushy... get a Cadillac. My only regret is not getting the ex version.

Bitter sweet
By msalp80 on 01/14/15 10:38 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2006 Civic brand new. There were a few issues within the 1st 26000 miles. The battery and the engine had to be replaced right at 26k. I've read that this was a common problem with this model. The car was still under warranty during that time, so it wasn't a big deal. Then at around 80k miles or so my CD player went out. My warranty was up, so I opted not to get it fixed and just used my AUX input, to listen to my MP3. Other than that I hadn't had any mechanical problems until now, besides regular maintenance and my civic has 268k miles. I think she's about ready to quit on me. I haven't had it diagnosed yet but I think I'm going to retire her and get an Accord. $17k well spent.

Fun reliable car with minor fixable issues
By nunoa on 12/03/14 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car from 40k to its current 80k mileage. It is fun to drive, especially above 5k rpm, and has been very reliable. The major maintenance I've done is replacing the battery (~40k miles), brakes (~65k), and tires. There was an issue with the engine running roughly when warming up in the winter, but an ECU update for ~$40 fixed that issue. A common problem with 3rd gear was entirely fixed by replacing the manual transmission fluid with Amsoil at ~50k miles. The upper rear control arms have some excessive negative camber (around -2*) and this has caused increased tire wear on the rears, but rotation would fix that problem.

Good all around vehicle
By gdheart07 on 07/25/14 21:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 92 Acura Vigor and a 2007 Honda Odyssey along with my 06 Civic. Contrary to the complaints that I have viewed here, our Civic has been a champion. The handling fits between my Vigor and Odyssey. It handles crisp like my Vigor without the stiff ride. It gets 40 mpg with the a/c on at 77 mph. I just replaced the rear brake pads at 74,000. It is only on its second set of tires. Knock on wood, I'll keep it as long as it continues to perform like it has.

What's the problem?
By xcivicx_1259 on 12/29/13 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people are really bashing on this Civic, people need to realize that Honda has ALWAYS been bad for road noise. It has always had a rough ride and has never had comfortable seating. If you want that kind of car, go buy a Cadillac. Next, if the exterior doesn't align DON'T BUY IT. It is the companies fault, not something you should take on. Also a lot of people complain about the car and they drive like idiots and don't take care of it. For the tranny issues. Just buy a manual, it is a lot easier to service a clutch than a auto transmission. It solves the gutless problem as well because of the direct drive, there is no slippage opposed to the auto.

Blind spots a killer.
By bstern92 on 09/10/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The only thing I like about the car is the exterior design. The seats are uncomfortable and cheap. The armrest is worn out already. The sun visors are broken. The drivers side is getting ready for it's third one. I will give honda credit for the leg room in the back seat. The front pillars create a huge blind spot and you can't see anything. Besides that, the car is very reliable. I woudn't get another one.

Not again not very reliable.
By chris_m387 on 08/01/13 22:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I used to own an 06 Civic it was fun to drive very responsive. But had too many problems. At 32,000miles the speakers went out warranty didn't cover it paid out of pocket, then the control arms, struts and wheel bearing were very bad had to pay out of pockets, at 45,800 replaced front brake pads. Tires worn unevenly went thru 4 sets of tire and had the same problem, I took a family road trip and out of nowhere the car lost traction and ended up spinning off road in Iowa. Had problems with the airbag sensor. At 60,000miles had to replace both ball joints. And was very bad in snow even with the best winter tires. ABS didn't work good. So I had enough and got an 07 Hyundai Sonata V6 SE.

2006 Civic: No Problems
By drm52 on 07/16/13 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased June, 2006. Daily driver. No problems. No repairs required Everything still feels tight and new. Even have the original brake pads after 84,375 miles.