2005 Honda Civic Consumer Review: The worst car I ever owned

2005 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

The worst car I ever owned
By Daniel Allentown, Pa on

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

You have heard about the Honda Civic lasting forever... think again. This has been the worst car I have ever purchased. My problems all began when I had to take the vehicle to get the rotors resurfaced at 7800 miles. They told me it was because of wear-and-tear. BULL. I had to replace the rotors three times w/in 50000 miles. I had to get the carpet inside replaced twice because it was getting a hole under the clutch because there was a piece of metal underneath that was not smooth. I also had to replace the button and locking mechanism for the lever that opens the trunk and the gas cap. That happened twice. The worst was when I tried to unlock it and the whole thing came out.

Favorite Features

The only thing I liked about the car was that the speed was great. It accelerated well. I wish Honda would have been more reasonable and helped us more. I finally decided to get rid of it.

Suggested Improvements

They should use better parts. The last thing to happen to my Civic was, my girl was driving home from work one day and the muffler fell off the car. Snapped in a complete circle from the catalytic back.