2005 Honda Civic Consumer Review: What mileage?

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2005 Honda Civic

LX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

What mileage?
By joefire on

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for mileage. Told by dealer that it must be my driving. I have gotten as low as 16 mpg city and 23 highway. They told me it wasn't broken in yet. Kept driving hoping for an improvement. After 3 years my average city is 18 with highway going to about 28. Straight highway driving going 65 mph from one gas station to the next about 275 miles my best mileage was 38 mpg. That happened once. Most times it`s about 28. I don't speed or jackrabbit start. I never let it idle unless needed in traffic. I have gotten use to not using the AC to help. There is never extra weight kept in the car. On highway trips I am alone. Carrs honda has done all oil changes and required work. I was lied to.

cd player, looks nice, easy to park with a good view in mirrors and windows. Good sized trunk.

Mileage. maybe the dealer could be helpful in finding why the mileage is so low. I was told by them to leave the car for 2 weeks so they could drive it in real world conditions. No loaner so I couldn't do it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review