2005 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Nice Surprise!

2005 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Nice Surprise!
By dans on

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to clean house and reorganize my "rolling stock." Got rid of my '03 Dodge Ram and my power boat . . . and get a Honda Civic LX. What a switch, huh? I never could park that Ram! Actually, I drive to and from work almost exclusively, and the economy and comfort of the Civic is just right for me (I'm 6' 2" tall, mid-50s, male). The build quality seems very nice, and the paint is thick and smooth. It came well equipped for an economy car, and I am very pleased. Also, I've gone from 10 mpg to 29 mpg in town. Now that is nice! My gas savings alone will make the payment.

Fuel economy, nice clean lines, solid build, good brakes, smooth automatic transmission, adequate seating support, functional interior, great trunk space and load/unload access, ease of driving and parking.

There isn't too much power to spare here, but it is very adequate, 30 more horses would fix that for sure. A couple of the controls are awkward to manipulate, most notably the cruise on/off button and the electric mirror controls are not within easy view.