Near perfection. Highly recommended!
By Mike from Virginia on
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
First, let me say that I am very picky about cars and demand high quality on the purchases I make. I bought this 5 spd. Civic Hybrid about a month ago and so far it has lived up to my high expectations. I do mostly city driving and get between 50-56 MPG (make sure you inflate your tires to 35PSI to get the optimized gas mileage). The trip MPG on the dash actually under-estimates my miles per gallon by about 5 MPG. Compared to the Prius, the Civic exterior body design is more visually appealing. The quality of the seats /interior is good (the driver's seat is height- adjustable which is a plus). The manual transmission shifts extremely smoothly, much better than my prior Toyota Corolla.
Favorite Features
Very quiet, great gas mileage (51 MPG avg.), Auto Stop feature at stoplights, the dash panel layout is awesome (MPG display, IMA assist display), a wide range of standard features (side air bags, alloy wheels, ABS brakes), common-sense body design, $2000 tax break for owning a Hybrid
Suggested Improvements
I have to remove a cover underneath the car to change the oil. The car is too low to the ground and drags easily. The middle armrest is only wide enough for 1 person. It gets annoying when the Auto Stop feature kicks-in for a second when downshifting at low speeds. Make splash guards standard.