My 2nd Civic
By dalesws6 on
2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)
I love the car. When Honda called doing a survey after I purchased it they asked what influenced me buying my car more than anything else. My answer was my last civic, it is a 1990 model with 331,000 miles on the original drive train and I still use it as my daily driver. The only complaint I have with the new car is that the driver side door pull should of been angled up more toward the window (as is the passenger side pull) as it interferes with side leg room by as much as 3 1/2 inches compared to the older civic and the lack of being able to spread your legs is quite noticeable. In my opinion if it's a Honda you can't go wrong, best car I have ever owned and the only one I considered buying.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is just the way a Honda drives. When I bought my first Civic I test drove it and there was also a Ford Escort sitting next to it, I test drove it one block before taking it back to the lot having already decided I wanted a Civic because of the quality feel while driving it.
Suggested Improvements
The only suggestion I have is to redesign the drivers side door panel and get rid of that huge door pull that houses the power door locks and windows. If the engineer that designed the door panels had sat in an older civic and then the new one he would of never designed the door pull the way he did.